Lady Boys Accuse Pattaya Foreign Police Volunteer Of Assault

allexx

LADY BOYS ACCUSE PATTAYA FOREIGN POLICE VOLUNTEER OF ASSAULT

On 25th February 2009 two lady boys claim they were injured in an unprovoked attack by a Foreign Police Volunteer (FPV) while they were negotiating with potential clients on Pattaya Beach.

At 02.30 am, the two lady boys, Mr. Boonchuay Srkeaw [20] from Nakorn Ratchasrima and Mr. Warawut Boongusol [20] from Bangkok, reported the incident to Pattaya police investigator, Pol. Lt. Col. Samreung Rattananahm.

They told police that they were hanging around on Beach Road, opposite Soi 13, with their many other lady boy friends when a tourist approached them and asked for a sexual service. While they were talking to the man a female Thai sex worker, who was standing nearby, walked up to the man and told him that the lady boys were not real women…..

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000008514

//Edit: changed topic title to be in line with quoted news article -- Maestro

Edited by Maestro

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was reported by the Pattaya Times a couple of weeks ago that the Police Immigration Chief specifically said that FPVs were to only act as Interpreters & had NO POWERS in any circumstances??????????? & in fact a Committee has been formed to investigate them.

I am sure it wa on the front page

:o

volunteer farang "police farce"................this is such a misguided policy by the thais imo,i dont see this in any other country,why is it needed?and it can attract the wrong kind of person(someone who's always wanted to be a copper but never acheived it,now feels ever so important)recipe for disaster,this guy in the newspaper report should be minding his own business.

By the way , in Australia , Police & Authorised Government Officers who are armed with OC (Pepper Spray) MUST have Senior First Ais Certification minimum & have been trained in Decontamination of subjects.

In the USA all Officers armed with OC (pepper Spray) must also have attended Certified Training which includes Decontamination

All US & Australian Officers I have Trained since '91 also have to take a 'hit' of it & then decontaminate one another in the class.

I have found this assists with a more prudent use of it , if the Officers know what it feels like & is used IF necessary rather than wantonly to 'get even' on verbal issue during Confrontations.

I also have taken more than a dozen hits over the years during training & this also assists Officers in the event of 'overspray' during an incident.

FPVs operate when 'Off Duty"?????????????????............Wow! that is very interesting.

Anyone in Law Enforcement like to have a free Forensic Voice Test while I am still in Pattaya , the offer is there for any Integrity checking as a contribution from myself as the Director of Training.

PM me but better check out www.itvt.org , this Instrument is the real deal & has no language barriers or inconclusive findings.

volunteer farang "police farce"................this is such a misguided policy by the thais imo,i dont see this in any other country,why is it needed?and it can attract the wrong kind of person(someone who's always wanted to be a copper but never acheived it,now feels ever so important)recipe for disaster,this guy in the newspaper report should be minding his own business.

Correction : There are Volunteers & 'Specials' in most other countries including England & USA , but there is :- Training, Background Certified Checks, Previous Experience , Integrity Tests, etc all taken into cosideration prior to appointments & usually an 'oversight' Officer who constantly revues performances .

Correction : There are Volunteers & 'Specials' in most other countries including England & USA , but there is :- Training, Background Certified Checks, Previous Experience , Integrity Tests, etc all taken into cosideration prior to appointments & usually an 'oversight' Officer who constantly revues performances .

ok stand corrected,but why are they needed?i personally have only come across it here in thailand.

:D

In the case of other countries, how many of these Volunteers and Specials are foreign nationals who for the most part are incapable of speaking in the native language of that country? :o

Edited by sriracha john

I have experienced that in Southern California , where in one instance I had a Spanish speaking Officer & i don't habla espanol very well , but, I asked directions in Walking St of 2 fpvs the other night in English & neither understood English....isn't the idea of Foreign PVs to be able to converse with us Farang????

Not a criticsm , purely a factual observation

I have experienced that in Southern California , where in one instance I had a Spanish speaking Officer & i don't habla espanol very well , but, I asked directions in Walking St of 2 fpvs the other night in English & neither understood English....isn't the idea of Foreign PVs to be able to converse with us Farang????

Not conversant in English nor Thai? sheesh... it's worse than I imagined.

btw, to equate to the Pattaya volunteers, was the Southern California police volunteer a Mexican national?

Perhaps their native tongue is Russian. I think Russians must be close to outnumbering all the English speaking tourists by now in pattaya.

Edited by Beacher

Don't worry NANLaew there are far more instances than those , I can remeber 2007 at a Bus Station in Perth , Mirrabooka actually , during a wild brawl with local Gang members & Police an Officer sprayed his own Partner (who I believe was not a happy chappy).Caught on Channel 7News Camera as well on the 6 news that night.

During a violent arrest in Perth at a place called Morley 2 of us were hit with OC by a Transit Officer assisting us in a multiple arrest in 2006.(One of my own men)

Murphys Law !!

S... happens.

BUT , use of OC , Taser or any other accoutrement without just cause sees the Officer charged , well , in most societies anyway. It has happened to Officers in my charge & I don't have a problem with it , you use excessive force , you have crossed the line.

LADY BOYS ACCUSE PATTAYA FOREIGN POLICE VOLUNTEER OF ASSAULT

On 25th February 2009 two lady boys claim they were injured in an unprovoked attack by a Foreign Police Volunteer (FPV) while they were negotiating with potential clients on Pattaya Beach.

At 02.30 am, the two lady boys, Mr. Boonchuay Srkeaw [20] from Nakorn Ratchasrima and Mr. Warawut Boongusol [20] from Bangkok, reported the incident to Pattaya police investigator, Pol. Lt. Col. Samreung Rattananahm.

They told police that they were hanging around on Beach Road, opposite Soi 13, with their many other lady boy friends when a tourist approached them and asked for a sexual service. While they were talking to the man a female Thai sex worker, who was standing nearby, walked up to the man and told him that the lady boys were not real women…..

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000008514

Read the rest of the story. Give the guy a break, two lady boys, lucky the poor guy didn't have to run for his life. :o

Don't worry NANLaew there are far more instances than those , I can remeber 2007 at a Bus Station in Perth , Mirrabooka actually , during a wild brawl with local Gang members & Police an Officer sprayed his own Partner (who I believe was not a happy chappy).Caught on Channel 7News Camera as well on the 6 news that night.

During a violent arrest in Perth at a place called Morley 2 of us were hit with OC by a Transit Officer assisting us in a multiple arrest in 2006.(One of my own men)

Murphys Law !!

S... happens.

BUT , use of OC , Taser or any other accoutrement without just cause sees the Officer charged , well , in most societies anyway. It has happened to Officers in my charge & I don't have a problem with it , you use excessive force , you have crossed the line.

With the way things are geared in some western societies, especially Police Departments in Australia there are heaps of custed gutted, cake eating Police Commanders & Public Prosecution Solicitors who just love to boost their chances at getting a promotion and take delight in trying to sink hard working street cops, even when excessive force hasnt been used.

Having said that, who knows what really happened in this instance, no doubt theres more to the story, but you wouldnt want miss the opportunity to sell a few papers by clarifying exactly what went on here, would you?

It does seem very strange, that an off duty volunteer cop is running around the red light district of good old down town Pattaya with his OC Spray at the ready.

To the best of my knowledge people who volunteer their services with Law Enforcement agencies in the west are solely used in Administrative & supportive roles in the back scenes of a Police Station as opposed to roaming the streets flexing their muscles....perhaps this is the reason why?

Yes, but only when used in conjunction with the other sanctioned activity for farang police volunteers....

proceeded to grab their hair and use his knee to attack them.

So their statement reads, apparently? I wonder what the fly on the wall would of seen?

Yes, but only when used in conjunction with the other sanctioned activity for farang police volunteers....

So their statement reads, apparently? I wonder what the fly on the wall would of seen?

Hard telling... the credibility and believability of farang police volunteers versus that of street-walking ladyboys....

I think they're about on an equal par...

6 of one, half-dozen of the other....

Edited by sriracha john

Hard telling... the credibility and believability of farang police volunteers versus that of street-walking ladyboys....

Yes, well u may be right about that sj, as I said, luv to be a fly on the wall....or perhaps in this case a passerbys shoulder :o

Yes, well u may be right about that sj, as I said, luv to be a fly on the wall....or perhaps in this case a passerbys shoulder :o

You would be jostling for space... :D

Okay, so when some murderer in Austin, Texas killed a transvestite prostitute, the police chief had to insist that nobody could get a free pass for murdering anybody. However, this is funny! Two guys dressed as women were about to make a deal (sex for pay) when a real female prostitute insisted she had the real stuff inside her pants! The ladyboys went to the police complaining that they were arrested or attacked by a farang not in uniform who spoke no Thai....only in Thailand.

I am trying to get my head around a "Volunteer" in the middle of a "Money for Sex" argument in the early hours of the morning in a 'Red Light District' & just happened to be armed with

OC (pepper spray)..........................?????????????? (whether it was Ladyboys or not really is an aside)

Is that an S.O.P. (Standard Operational Proceedure) ???????????

for Volunteers who we are told are interpreters to carry weapons in the early hours of the morning off Duty????

Not much of this incident computes........interesting to me as an Integrity / Internal Investigator & Interviwer though......I may use it as an example of something or other in a class, once the end result is known.

Maybe a levity/comedic break on Weapon Retention , because I noticed in the video , one of the Katoeys had possession of the FPVs Pepper Spray container which appeared quite dented. Suggesting a struggle of reasonable physical force !!!

Or a 'death grip' by someone in great fear experiencing the autonomic nervous system

"Fright , Fight or Flight"

:D:o

I am trying to get my head around a "Volunteer" in the middle of a "Money for Sex" argument in the early hours of the morning in a 'Red Light District' & just happened to be armed with

OC (pepper spray)..........................?????????????? (whether it was Ladyboys or not really is an aside)

for Volunteers who we are told are interpreters to carry weapons in the early hours of the morning off Duty????

Not much of this incident computes........interesting to me as an Integrity / Internal Investigator & Interviwer though......I may use it as an example of something or other in a class, once the end result is known.

Maybe a levity/comedic break on Weapon Retention , because I noticed in the video , one of the Katoeys had possession of the FPVs Pepper Spray container which appeared quite dented. Suggesting a struggle of reasonable physical force !!!

Or a 'death grip' by someone in great fear experiencing the autonomic nervous system

:wai::D

So Ltcol, Do you have to come into Thai Visa sprouting off about being the big Police Captian from Western Australia because nobody else will talk to you, or you have a bit of time off to try and sell your dodgy equipment, so you thought you would just come in and sprout off about SOP's and ABC's & waffle on with that type of thing. I hope you have a secondary employment approval for this sideline quirk of yours.

Do you feel powerful as an Integrity Internal Investigator & is that maybe the reason no other police other than your other internal affairs gerbals will speak to you?

You seem to do alot over there in WA, running the Weapons Training courses as well.....crikey, how can they do without you while ur busy running around Pattaya with ur dodgy electronic devices?

Please note, Sir that theres absolutely no disrespect intended towards you alleged rank :D:D If you are the big Captain over there, I'm surprised to see you out on the street, where the real people are, the real criminals AND the real Police.....you must feel a little bit scared?

Perhaps when you retire, heavens forbid :o , if the WA Police can do without you, maybe you could come to Thailand and show the Pattaya Police how its done?

you are kidding me, right? :D

Edited by neverdie

:P:D

So Ltcol, Do you have to come into Thai Visa sprouting off about being the big Police Captian from Western Australia because nobody else will talk to you, or you have a bit of time off to try and sell your dodgy equipment, so you thought you would just come in and sprout off about SOP's and ABC's & waffle on with that type of thing. I hope you have a secondary employment approval for this sideline quirk of yours.

Do you feel powerful as an Integrity Internal Investigator & is that maybe the reason no other police other than your other internal affairs gerbals will speak to you?

You seem to do alot over there in WA, running the Weapons Training courses as well.....crikey, how can they do without you while ur busy running around Pattaya with ur dodgy electronic devices?

Please note, Sir that theres absolutely no disrespect intended towards you alleged rank :D:D If you are the big Captain over there, I'm surprised to see you out on the street, where the real people are, the real criminals AND the real Police.....you must feel a little bit scared?

Perhaps when you retire, heavens forbid :o , if the WA Police can do without you, maybe you could come to Thailand and show the Pattaya Police how its done?

you are kidding me, right? :wai:

I have never been a member of WA Police , you should not make assumptions & I believe that I an allowed to make observations & I do not make any judgements nor criticize. Impossible for anyone to do so without ALL coroberrated facts & I certainly don't have them. I gather you must.

By the way , there is no such rank as Captain in the WA Police Service. But, please don't let fact get in the way of your story or personal tirade.

I enjoy robust interaction , but biased drivel is not cohesive ,nor is it fair comment of an incident that has been reported.

So, assuming you have ALL the facts & all I have done is throw out some sensible queries , perhaps with your superior knowledge you may want to share your info, unless of course , it is subjudicial.

Any time you want a Sensible Interaction , please PM me . If you are so concerned what I do or have done , ask , don't guess , or assume.

:D