Lady Boys Accuse Pattaya Foreign Police Volunteer Of Assault

allexx

LT COL

Do you do seminars in Thailand?

PM me etc, so you can put me on your email lists, as if time/budget permits I like to do

occasional Self Protection related seminars, while I prefer to teach civilians, I have done

a few of the more professional level/military Tactical Krav Maga training with Itay Gil &

various IDF guys. I used to train, through not officially they came themselves police

& army guys in Ireland, who wanted to get a bit of extra training outside the "Restrain & Arrest"

training they did. etc...

Krav Maga or self defense system one does, you cannot knock anything based around

the ideals (once you train it with reality) of WWII & before Sykes Fairbrain, O Neill "Combatives" etc.

Simple, easy to do, efficient, deadly. (But of course, not for whacking a few mouthy boy ladies with!)

Cheers

Gerry

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerry, why didn't you just PM LtCol with your request?

With LtCol selling his lie detector and expertise in pepper spray and tazers and you selling the 'more physical' methods of persuasion (I assume for when the lie detector doesn't work, the pepper spray runs out or the tazer batteries die), I can see a whole case of cans of whoop-ass being opened up on the Pattaya streets.

Not to worry, if you pair do hook up over here, I reckon I will have the FTPA keep an eye on you.

Whether you are a ordinary citizen, PPV, FTPA or armed policeman it is legal to use pepper spray as a defensive weapon. I would feel safer in Thailand if the police would use pepper spray more often and bullets less often. If you were being threatened by 4-6 Katoey would you not feel safer with pepper spray in your hand? Katoey are men in women's clothing and if a defensive weapon is needed pepper spray is a better choice than tasers or batons. Leave the guy alone he acted in a reasonably justified manner. Any other suggestion that you would be willing to use as a alternative I am sure we can find 6 Katoey to help test your theory.

I don't do any seminars or sales or ANY type of work in Thailand. It is purely for R&R for me & eventually retirement.

I am very aware of Imi Lichtenfelds system called Krav Maga. For your info he developed it in the 30s for Military use & variations of it are practised worldwide , in fact the last Tender for the Singapore Governments Correction Officers Riot Squad includes a requirement for that to be taught.

Seeing that Pepper Spray & Stun Guns are readlily available for sale at several places on Beach Road & in Bangkok & in Phuket , every thing else would be a moot point.

As far as physical altercations with Katoeys , dress them any way you want they are still men , & in my time on the streets there was NEVER any distinction between the sexes anyway when it came to any type of physical violence , that could get you killed & in some cases it did .

But, as to what this story is about , I wasn't there , so I cannot care.

Unless there is some law here that says I am forbidden to comment on reports , I will continue, & as I said earlier , there is No complaint, there is No charge , so therefore it doesn't exist. There are restrictions ,but, this is a Democracy isn't it?

Just UNFORTUNATE that media were at the Police Station & any incident , IF there was one ,Must have been Kosher because the allegations were against a guy I saw in the video wearing a "Police" uniform so he was probably assisting the Public. There is a big call for that after 2am on WS , because I have Never known for there to be ANY Police to be Patrolling at that time unless there is a call.

I just find it facinating that when a Police Chief states publicly that the Foreign Volunteers are purely TRANSLATORS & have NO POWERS , why there are these incidents ,that sure get very emotive .

NanLaew I am NOT selling anything here in Thailand & for your edification , there is No such thing as a Lie Detector , never has been & never will be. Media Terminollogy from a Gillette Razor Ad in 1938 (when the term was coined) doesn't make it fact nor does anyone calling certain Instruments that make it a Fact .

Fact , doesn't seem to be a thing of concern in Pattaya anyhow. Is it??

:o

I don't do any seminars or sales or ANY type of work in Thailand. It is purely for R&R for me & eventually retirement.

I am very aware of Imi Lichtenfelds system called Krav Maga. For your info he developed it in the 30s for Military use & variations of it are practised worldwide , in fact the last Tender for the Singapore Governments Correction Officers Riot Squad includes a requirement for that to be taught.

Seeing that Pepper Spray & Stun Guns are readlily available for sale at several places on Beach Road & in Bangkok & in Phuket , every thing else would be a moot point.

As far as physical altercations with Katoeys , dress them any way you want they are still men , & in my time on the streets there was NEVER any distinction between the sexes anyway when it came to any type of physical violence , that could get you killed & in some cases it did .

Unless there is some law here that says I am forbidden to comment on reports , I will continue, & as I said earlier , there is No complaint, there is No charge , so therefore it doesn't exist. There are restrictions ,but, this is a Democracy isn't it?

Just UNFORTUNATE that media were at the Police Station & any incident , IF there was one ,Must have been Kosher because the allegations were against a guy I saw in the video wearing a "Police" uniform so he was probably assisting the Public. There is a big call for that after 2am on WS , because I have Never known for there to be ANY Police to be Patrolling at that time unless there is a call.

I just find it facinating that when a Police Chief states publicly that the Foreign Volunteers are purely TRANSLATORS & have NO POWERS , why there are these incidents ,that sure get very emotive .

NanLaew I am NOT selling anything here in Thailand & for your edification , there is No such thing as a Lie Detector , never has been & never will be. Media Terminollogy from a Gillette Razor Ad in 1938 (when the term was coined) doesn't make it fact nor does anyone calling certain Instruments that make it a Fact .

Here's a novel idea

Lose the uniforms and equipment and replace them with civilian clothing and an ID tag with the words Police Translator worn around the neck.Maybe a baseball cap with the same words.

Additional training to include greeting people with the following "good evening I'm a police translator may I be of assistance" and a smile.

Sounds like a win/win to me.

Yeah I know it sounds naive but it works for me.

Lilbob :D

Here's a novel idea

Lose the uniforms and equipment and replace them with civilian clothing and an ID tag with the words Police Translator worn around the neck.Maybe a baseball cap with the same words.

Additional training to include greeting people with the following "good evening I'm a police translator may I be of assistance" and a smile.

Lilbob :D

Works everywhere else in the world , no need for the word "police' though .

"I'm a Volunteer Translator for Tourists, how may I be of assistance?"

OOOOOOOOOoooooooooooops ! getting a bit carried away here , that's almost like Tourism Customer service ...what was I thinking??

:D

I just find it facinating that when a Police Chief states publicly that the Foreign Volunteers are purely TRANSLATORS & have NO POWERS, why there are these incidents.

Here's a novel idea

I like your ideas... except that this little nugget contradicts the plan for many of the current "Police Translators"...

but, I asked directions in Walking St of 2 fpvs the other night in English & neither understood English....isn't the idea of Foreign PVs to be able to converse with us Farang????

Not a criticism, purely a factual observation

Not conversant in English nor Thai? sheesh... it's worse than I imagined.

Interesting that the photos of the volunteers have been removed from the Tourist Police website. http://eng.pattayatouristpolice.com/html/os_eng.htm

Do the Thai (not Farang) volunteers have any police power?

That is one of the best questions asked over these incidents , IF they existed of course ?? or can we ask do ANY of the FARANG volunteers have any POLICE Powers???

Niels ?? Howard ?? anyone else ??

Edited by LtCol

Why would it bother anyone if people are willing to donate their time and become a volunteer police assistant? I wouldn't do myself because I'm NOT willing to make commitments or volunteer the time.

In all the years I have been here I have never needed assistance from volunteer or other police. If I ever do need help, I'm happy that volunteer police are available in Pattaya. I'd certainly prefer to talk English if I had a problem.

I have heard VERY few complaints about volunteer police except from maybe weirdo photographers who are always in danger of having their cameras shoved where the sun doesn't shine. Some people react badly and sometimes violently when they are videoed or photographed.

I really don't understand why there are some people who choose to find fault with so many things here in Thailand. If I were as miserable as some people living here, I'd certainly move somewhere that suited me better.

Here is an interesting article: Farang 'squad' a force to be reckoned with...

Quote from article ''Some undergo further training to qualify as parachutists...''

Is that before or after the underwater knife fighting course?

I think it is the next Module after the Helicopter Abseiling & before the Tactical Dynamic Entry section.

Edited by LtCol

Having lived there for many years there myself, I'm very familiar with the many legal and illegal Mexican nationals living there... but never came across a single one that was acting in the capacity of a police officer.... as the foreign nationals do in Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Samui, etc.

I never met one on my first visit to Thailand 9 years ago, ahhh those were the days.

Arent i right in thinking Thailand has more police per capita then most Western countries, surely there are enough of them without these thugs acting as vigilantes.

• 1 month later...
Having lived there for many years there myself, I'm very familiar with the many legal and illegal Mexican nationals living there... but never came across a single one that was acting in the capacity of a police officer.... as the foreign nationals do in Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Samui, etc.

I never met one on my first visit to Thailand 9 years ago, ahhh those were the days.

Arent i right in thinking Thailand has more police per capita then most Western countries, surely there are enough of them without these thugs acting as vigilantes.

I believe that according to the UN figures that Thailand is rated about 4th highest for Police population per capita & also that Thailand is second behind Indonesia as the most corrupt ??

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It was just a matter of time before these untrained, unscreened, unsupervised farang police volunteers start getting arrested themselves.
AND THE REAL POLICE ARE SO MUCH BETTER. HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I heard that a Pattaya Police 'Volunteer' shot a Thai woman through the head last night. Any more news on this?

It was just a matter of time before these untrained, unscreened, unsupervised farang police volunteers start getting arrested themselves.
AND THE REAL POLICE ARE SO MUCH BETTER. HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I heard that a Pattaya Police 'Volunteer' shot a Thai woman through the head last night. Any more news on this?

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/june/n...5_06_52_2.shtml

See here Syd.^