Document Notary In Sukhumvit Area

I need to find a Document Notary to witness some documents that I need for my girlfriends permanent residents visa application for Australia.

I have almost everything ready but there are a couple of things that she needs to sign in front of a witness.

I will be arriving in Bangkok on a Sunday night & will stay in the Bangkok Sukhumvit area, probably around the soi 11 area so hope to get things notarised the following morning then go to CC Tower

If any one can recommend a place in this area it would be appreciated so as to save me some time looking around.

Alternately can notoriety be done when we arrive at CC Tower?

Thanks in advance

Edited by ubonjoe
Corrected spelling for clarity.

If you need Thai Notary Public Service you can contact a Thailand Lawyer by the name of Mr. Woraphong at Siam Legal. I have used this Thai attorney before for my Thai Notary for my prenuptial agreement for my Thai fiancee. Siam Legal is located on Sukhumvit next to the Asoke BTS station. The Siam Legal law office phone number in Bangkok is 02-253-8100.

Here is contact information for Siam Legal International from their website:

http://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-legal-l...ur_location.php

• 4 weeks later...

There is no such thing as a notary public in Thailand but many lawyers provide notarial services and pretend they are notaries public. I have had problems with documents that had to be notarised and the overseas parties would not accept notarisation by a Thai lawyer. Sometimes notarisation by a Thai lawyer is accepted along with a copy and a certified translation of his Law Society of Thailand ID card. If not, notarisation by an embassy would be acceptable.

Thailand is also not a signatory of the Hague Convention on legalisation of documents and therefore it is impossible to get an apostile (often required in European countries) which is one step further than notarisation i.e. a certification that the notary is registered and that the notarisation is legal. The authorities have been talking for years about signing the convention and introducing the profession of notaries public but so far no progress. Thai government depts don't trust the concept of notaries public and prefer to verify copies of original documents themselves.

Edited by Arkady

Went to CC Tower last monday with all the documentation & enquired about getting someone to notorise the document for us.

We were told we needed to go to the Australian Embassy to get it done there.

A quick taxi trip then told the security people what we needed.

Needed to wait for about 10 minutes then was asked to go to the interview room where we presented the form & was then signed.

Cost was $20 AUD or what ever the exchange rate is on the day.

Another taxi trip back top CC tower presented the documents & was all sorted