Farang Busking At Theprasit Market

barrybike

in two years I see three farangs busking ;-)

first one around new year, beach road, he sing russian songs really loud, so I guess he was russian

second one one month ago - guy around 30, three wooden flutes or something, thepprasit market, by coincidence I see him one week later boarding aeroflot flight to moscow at suvarnabhumi, so I guess he was russian as well

last one - one week ago or so, near tukcom friday market, hippy-looking guy around 40yo, probably same person reported at this topic

financial crisis strikes or something ;-)

MMMmm, i like buskers. If their good, i'll give them money, cause i like their music and prefer it to the loud speakers from the guys selling the bootleg cd's.

If their bad, they get nothing from me.

But complaining about them? Lots of other stuff to complain about than good music.

It's a shame they are looked down upon. Music is a wonderful thing.

I bet he wouldn't be looked down upon in Ireland (a country where many of the world's best musicians and poets come from)

Do you think maybe they are good because they are not looked down upon???

MMMmm, i like buskers. If their good, i'll give them money, cause i like their music and prefer it to the loud speakers from the guys selling the bootleg cd's.

If their bad, they get nothing from me.

But complaining about them? Lots of other stuff to complain about than good music.

It's a shame they are looked down upon. Music is a wonderful thing.

I bet he wouldn't be looked down upon in Ireland (a country where many of the world's best musicians and poets come from)

Do you think maybe they are good because they are not looked down upon???

i wrote this topic as i thought it was an unusual sight to see in thailand .i never said anything about looking down on any one fiddlehead ok........

Edited by barrybike

I like buskers. They give places a good atmosphere. Especially after a hard days work, you go to get the metro and while you are standing waiting you can hear their music, it's just relaxing. They bring nice noises to unpleasant places.

Theres this really old guy in my town that plays the acordian, it is good to hear because you don't get to hear sounds like that normally.

And what about post #14 then...

There you said you felt embarrased enough for him. Why was that then?

Let this guy do what he wants.. Fat guys not wearing a shirt in restaurants bother me more.

That is something the Thais dont like..

ya i said i felt embarrassed for him that dosent mean i was looking down on him ........thailand supposdly being a third world country and here is a farang busking that probably paid 50,000 baht for a flight to get there in the first place.......is this not unusual or what ...!!!!!!!!!!! as for the fat guy not wearing the t shirt in the restaurant its not much of a restaurant for letting him do it then is it.......

I dont understand why you have to feel embarrased for him when he doesn't feel embarrassed himself..

And talking about unusual.. So many things are unusual here in Pattaya.

70 year old men, banging 20 year old girls is pretty unusual too in most parts of the world.

But if they are happy then who am i to judge them..

Live and let live..

Last weekend when i saw the guy on the market 2 kids were dancing in front of him. And everyone had a smile on their face.

I think if Thai people could read some post here on the forum i would be more embarrassed.

What's wrong about busking, other than it is not exactly legal for foreigners in Thailand??

I always enjoyed buskers in the shopping areas in European cities unless it was the Peruvian El-Condor-Pasa-Panflute-and-Poncho bunch... :o

What's wrong about busking, other than it is not exactly legal for foreigners in Thailand??

I always enjoyed buskers in the shopping areas in European cities unless it was the Peruvian El-Condor-Pasa-Panflute-and-Poncho bunch... :D

ya sure why dont we all start busking in thailand ...start a farang busking club......... :o

I do feel a bit embarrassed for people like him and for myself as Thais would be quick to look down on him and then. reflect that in their attitude to all westeners.

Westerners (and all the other "tourists") have already got a bad name in Pattaya, so don't worry it. The damage was done a long time ago so quit trying to be an embassador for the rest of the world.

Good to see the spirit of goodwill to all men and charitable acts are so alive and well in Pattaya. At least he is busking and not begging!

True enough I remember a Falang who used to sit on the curb in Bangkok at Nana Soi 4 with a sign strapped to him with some sob story begging for money to go home. That was pretty sad I thought.

I understand he had been doing it for quite a while.