Why So Many Gay In Esan?

yumidesign

Nearly all men in Esan in Northern Thailand, particularly in the villages where being openly gay is not accepted by family and village elders, and also in Laos, get married, even if they are gay

Its the tradition to do so.

In Laos every man is expected to marry. If you are gay there the only way of avoiding this by either becoming a monk or a lady boy. The situation is similar in Thailand but with the help of better information and contact outside of village life due to the internet and increased mobility, things are slowly changing as the older generations disappear.

When these gay people marry the chance of a gay offspring is greatly increased because of the genetic effect

I have not seen any studied scientific evidence of this, but it makes sense and i have seen many gay men in these areas with young children in their arms

What do you think about this idea and can anyone back up this proposition with any information?

I don't believe a person is genetically predisposed to becoming gay,i feel more likely it is something that has happened in their life to push them one way or the other.As for a boy,being brought up with a gay father/parents...Which way do you think his parents are going to direct him,thus increasing the likelihood of him becoming gay.Homosexuallity is not normal,man was NOT designed to be with man,if it were so,how would human kind conceive? :o

I don't believe a person is genetically predisposed to becoming gay,i feel more likely it is something that has happened in their life to push them one way or the other.As for a boy,being brought up with a gay father/parents...Which way do you think his parents are going to direct him,thus increasing the likelihood of him becoming gay.Homosexuallity is not normal,man was NOT designed to be with man,if it were so,how would human kind conceive? :o

Are you joking?

Almost all gay people are born of heterosexual couples and grow up in heterosexual environments.

Also there is no research that growing up with gay parents increases the likelihood the child will become gay.

There is evidence that TWINS, where one is gay, there is a higher incidence of homosexuality in the second twin.

Edited by Jingthing

:D Paaaaaleeese...go back to your cave....!! :D

Are you joking?

Almost all gay people are born of heterosexual couples and grow up in heterosexual environments.

Also there is no research that growing up with gay parents increases the likelihood the child will become gay.

There is evidence that TWINS, where one is gay, there is a higher incidence of homosexuality in the second twin.

So you would discourage your child from being gay?Childhood memories are the strongest.

Homosexuallity is not normal,man was NOT designed to be with man,if it were so,how would human kind conceive? :o

By the 21st century i would have thought we would have moved on from this way of thinking. Sadly it seems for some not.

:D Paaaaaleeese...go back to your cave....!! :D
I don't believe a person is genetically predisposed to becoming gay,i feel more likely it is something that has happened in their life to push them one way or the other.As for a boy,being brought up with a gay father/parents...Which way do you think his parents are going to direct him,thus increasing the likelihood of him becoming gay.Homosexuallity is not normal,man was NOT designed to be with man,if it were so,how would human kind conceive? :D

I like my cave. :o

Nearly all men in Esan in Northern Thailand, particularly in the villages where being openly gay is not accepted by family and village elders, and also in Laos, get married, even if they are gay

In Laos every man is expected to marry. If you are gay there the only way of avoiding this by either becoming a monk or a lady boy. The situation is similar in Thailand but with the help of better information and contact outside of village life due to the internet and increased mobility, things are slowly changing as the older generations disappear.

When these gay people marry the chance of a gay offspring is greatly increased because of the genetic effect

I have not seen any studied scientific evidence of this, but it makes sense and i have seen many gay men in these areas with young children in their arms

What do you think about this idea and can anyone back up this proposition with any information?

Gay people are everywhere, many are quite nice folks, so get over it, live with :o

There is scientific proof that some people are born gay, it is in the genes, just many choose to surpress it.

I think that its probably a bit more complicated that that. None of us are the same. thank Buddha. There are things that we are not supposed to know or understand

I think engineboy and jingthing should just get together and sort out their sexual frustration....so we can have our threads back, how bout it boys? :D

may be they should spend some time in the same cave

:o Could not agree more my friend..it is the 21st Century last time I looked at a calendar..

And the proof is where? I live with my Esaan guy and his family and met loads of gays. Haven't noticed any unacceptance. Some do get married, some don't. Mostly they want to have children to take care them when they are old since there is no social insurance.

So it is. Getting married, that is.

Total, utter nonsense. There are no proof that gay couples are more likely to have gay children than any other couples. And which parent you mean? Get real, man. Maybe gay would be more accepted in this kind of family but nothing else.

Yep. No scientific evidence. So WHAT are you talking about? Feelings, those lovely feeeeeeeliings...and how you know they are gay? I do hold our family's children and so does my husband. That does not make them our children. Or you know these gays and their families close?

Keep your eyes open and your mind as well...can't say much more.

This thread to be closed for cleaning. Finished, after extensive editing. I would like to remind everyone that flaming, baiting, trolling, and insults towards minorities are violations of forum rules.

Furthermore, challenging the legitimacy of homosexuality is NOT allowed on this subforum. This is a place for gay Thaivisa members to feel comfortable with who they are.

name='paulfromphuket' date='2009-03-06 23:07:20' post='2578907']

I think that its probably a bit more complicated that that. None of us are the same. thank Buddha. There are things that we are not supposed to know or understand

http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/new...-there-gay-gene

proof or poof up 2 u

from the above site

"Since sexual orientation is such a complex trait, we're never going to find any one gene that determines whether someone is gay or not," says Mustanski. "It's going to be a combination of various genes acting together as well as possibly interacting with environmental influences."

I don't believe a person is genetically predisposed to becoming gay,i feel more likely it is something that has happened in their life to push them one way or the other.As for a boy,being brought up with a gay father/parents...Which way do you think his parents are going to direct him,thus increasing the likelihood of him becoming gay.Homosexuallity is not normal,man was NOT designed to be with man,if it were so,how would human kind conceive? :D

Are you joking?

Surely then the fact that most gays are born to heterosexual parents totally destroys the theory it is genetic ? :D Just my satang's worth here :o

:D It interests me that I have met so many gay men in Thailand who have been married and sired children, western men that is and then they come to Thailand and are 'gay'....I wonder what clicks that they are no longer heterosexual men...I can count at least 6 farang men I have met here in Thailand who are fathers/grandfathers but now have thai partners..sexuality is polymorphous and degrees along the continuum vary from person to person...a friend of mine went to Babyon and on the same day had sex with three generations of men from the same family, quite amazing I thought, a nice family outing I guess for grandpa, son and grandson to be at Dribbleon together..the family that plays together stays together ... :o Dukkha

a friend of mine went to Babyon and on the same day had sex with three generations of men from the same family, quite amazing I thought, a nice family outing I guess for grandpa, son and grandson to be at Dribbleon together..the family that plays together stays together ... :o Dukkha

Sounds fun..! :D

But what comes to the topic, I see no evidence that in Esaan there would be more gays than anywhere else. Some financial aspects may attract to be more promiscuous but all in all Thais tend to do what is 'sanuk' and when its done, its done. That's it. No guilt, no looking back.

I would really prefer to move on to the 21st century and leave all those religion-driven morals behind. Sex is fun and enjoyable.

a friend of mine went to Babyon and on the same day had sex with three generations of men from the same family, quite amazing I thought, a nice family outing I guess for grandpa, son and grandson to be at Dribbleon together..the family that plays together stays together ... :o Dukkha

But what comes to the topic, I see no evidence that in Esaan there would be more gays than anywhere else. Some financial aspects may attract to be more promiscuous but all in all Thais tend to do what is 'sanuk' and when its done, its done. That's it. No guilt, no looking back.

I would really prefer to move on to the 21st century and leave all those religion-driven morals behind. Sex is fun and enjoyable.

:D As I have written before,especially in reference to Professor Peter Jacksons research over 20 years ago, for Thais, sex is just an activity as much as playing games on the computer, volley ball etc...and yes, completely guilt free, no god bothering stuff like the west suffers from..that old cow, Queen Victoria, left a nasty legacy, in fact it is still on the Indian Statute books as a crime but it is never enforced...and many older thai men have sex with young lads, and it is never viewed as corruptive like the west..It was only in the mid 70's that homosexuality was removed from Psychiatric Illnesses Registrar in the USA...and there is that nasty movement in the USA where groups try to convert young men from being gay to being heterosexual...oh my buddha!! More Sanuk indeedio....!! :D Dukkha

Surely then the fact that most gays are born to heterosexual parents totally destroys the theory it is genetic ? ohmy.gif Just my satang's worth here thumbsup.gif

Sir, you are NO scientist. Genetic traits commonly skip generations.

Sir, you are NO scientist. Genetic traits commonly skip generations.

How do you then explain the existence of a gay person's parents, or great-great grandparents?

How foolish. Gay men have sperm. Many of them can stick it anywhere. SOCIAL PRESSURE! In 1950s America most gay men were married with children. I can't believe the ignorance I hear about gay issues.

Edited by Jingthing

:D As I have written before,especially in reference to Professor Peter Jacksons research over 20 years ago, for Thais, sex is just an activity as much as playing games on the computer, volley ball etc...and yes, completely guilt free, no god bothering stuff like the west suffers from..that old cow, Queen Victoria, left a nasty legacy, in fact it is still on the Indian Statute books as a crime but it is never enforced...and many older thai men have sex with young lads, and it is never viewed as corruptive like the west..It was only in the mid 70's that homosexuality was removed from Psychiatric Illnesses Registrar in the USA...and there is that nasty movement in the USA where groups try to convert young men from being gay to being heterosexual...oh my buddha!! More Sanuk indeedio....!! :D Dukkha

Indeed more Sanuk the better.

But i am sorry to tell you that the forces of evil are still strong in LOS. I meet and am still friends with a young boy from Esan, north of CNX, who fell in love with an older Frog farang who subsequently deserted him for a younger BKK boy. Somehow the boy was coerced, through Thai friends into attending a christian church in Chiang Mai, they always hit on people in emotional trouble, and to make a long story shorter convinced him to go to all his gay friends and convince them that being gay was a disgusting desease and totally unacceptable abomination of any decent christian person. I spent many hours with him giving him information and putting an alternate case to the 'caring' christian case, which he eventually understood and finally believed that in fact he was not the devil that they had in mind. To get away from them he left chiang mai and got a very good job as a teachers aid outside of CNX.

As a foot note. Under Thai immigration rules these people of the christians god can get a visa to stay as long as they like corrupting the Thai society