Wrote A Book And Need Input

bonobo

I hope this is in the right forum.

I have finished the rought draft of a novel.  It is a politico-military thriller (well, I hope it is a thriller, at least) dealing with the takeover of the US embassy in New Delhi in the near future.  It centers around the US Marines at the embassy and takes place in New Delhi, Washington DC, and Thailand.

I need help in certain parts of it: advice, descriptions, and maybe terminology to increase the verisimilitude of a few chapters.  For example, I have never been to U-Tapao, so I can't describe it very well (I think I did better in the chapters in Phuket).  And I am not a pilot, so my one chapter in a fighter and a couple on an aircraft carrier are probably pretty weak. But any input on any part of the novel would be welcomed.

It is not a particularly long book (about 80,000 words) and the chapters I for which I am seeking input obviously contain even fewer words.  The draft is online, but after asking, I found out TV rules won't allow me to post it here.  If anyone is interested in helping, I was told to have them PM me and I will send you the URL.

This website is not a commercial website.  I am strictly looking for input to make a better book before I publish it.

Thanks!

I hope this is in the right forum.

I have finished the rought draft of a novel.  It is a politico-military thriller (well, I hope it is a thriller, at least) dealing with the takeover of the US embassy in New Delhi in the near future.  It centers around the US Marines at the embassy and takes place in New Delhi, Washington DC, and Thailand.

I need help in certain parts of it: advice, descriptions, and maybe terminology to increase the verisimilitude of a few chapters.  For example, I have never been to U-Tapao, so I can't describe it very well (I think I did better in the chapters in Phuket).  And I am not a pilot, so my one chapter in a fighter and a couple on an aircraft carrier are probably pretty weak. But any input on any part of the novel would be welcomed.

It is not a particularly long book (about 80,000 words) and the chapters I for which I am seeking input obviously contain even fewer words.  The draft is online, but after asking, I found out TV rules won't allow me to post it here.  If anyone is interested in helping, I was told to have them PM me and I will send you the URL.

This website is not a commercial website.  I am strictly looking for input to make a better book before I publish it.

Thanks!

U-Tapao: when there were the yellow demonstrations and tourist had to go to U-Tapao a couple of them described it in their postings....

Maybe searching for that helps

If you google U Tapao you can find some links to Servicemen's Associations of the US forces who were there during the Vietnam war - all very interesting. There are a number of tatty buildings around the terminal complex which obviously date from that period.

But a serious novelist would research that by going there. Why not book a flight to Samui or Phuket, then you'll get first-hand detail. But be careful what you photograph, it's still a military base.

Also my photos, taken at Utapao on 2 December 2008 when BKK airport was temporarily closed, are all about arrival/departure and the entertainment laid on for the people waiting at the airport. See them here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ch.maestro/Uta...feat=directlink

maps.google.com gives you the layout of the airport area. Judging from the tyre marks, most flights seem to land – and probably also take off – on runway 18, ie in the direction of south.

--

Maestro

Any chance for a copy of the book, or a sample to have a read of?

The book is only online as of now.  I hope to be finished with the final draft in a ocuple weeks, then it is off to copy and line editing.