Sorry, Men But,

G54

Yet again when confronted with a problem, it is being left to the female gender to assert their authority and get some action.

Far too often I have seen the men here will knuckle their forehead and give it 'Yes, Sir. Three bags full, Sir.' when dealing with staff in offices or shops and other places. But get a woman to go in there and sort the problem and she generally does. It seems the women have the balls round here and the gumption too. The same on the telephone. A man will often come back having agreed to whatever he was told by the person on the other end.

I needed a letter to show my address here - in the end a secretary of the Amphur sorted it.

I needed someone to sort out a problem with the Tourist Police. A woman did that too.

A problem with the house. You guessed, a woman on the phone to sort it and get some action.

Latest problem is with an engineer fobbing off a male friend who called, with lame excuses and has done so for 3 weeks now. I phoned a female and it is being sorted now.

All these and many other problems I've seen over the years that needed someone who can speak Thai and I have tried getting male friends to sort them, but each time they come back with some sad excuse such as, 'Another week.' Not today.' 'No can get.' etc.

Not only for myself either. Living with family in the past, it was always the women who seemed to get the job done, be it a funeral, a house problem or whatever.

Thank heavens for Thai female friends!! :o

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, my Thai husband manages to get things sorted --takes a bit of time, being a man he seems to suffer from that selective hearing issue that most men have (could be what you are running into there) but he manages to get bills sorted, my yellow tabien ban, DSL issues, garbage pick up problems, gets the car fixed etc etc.

Hmmm... could be that your male friends just don't want to do this stuff for you? its a big enough of a PIA to do it for oneself, after all.

Here's a thought. Learn to speak Thai, take some classes. Then deal with it yourself instead. :o

Is there any reason you can't organise your own life? IMO you need to learn some thai to save these poor women from having to waste their precious time doing something that you should be capable of doing yourself :o

Funny, my Thai husband manages to get things sorted --takes a bit of time, being a man he seems to suffer from that selective hearing issue that most men have (could be what you are running into there) but he manages to get bills sorted, my yellow tabien ban, DSL issues, garbage pick up problems, gets the car fixed etc etc.

Hmmm... could be that your male friends just don't want to do this stuff for you? its a big enough of a PIA to do it for oneself, after all.

does he "cleans the house"?

I generally get my own everyday things done. As for my bf, whenever I have seen him deal with stubborn people, he has always politely but firmly taken a stand. Ive rarely seen him have to request something a third time.

Actually this has made me recall the first time I went into the bank to open an account. A cash machine had just swallowed my only card, from my UK bank. I was new in Thailand and flustered. I walked in not knowing what the hel_l i was doing and was babbling. They said i couldnt open an account as I had only a Tourist Visa. Well, the next day I dressed smarter than the previous day and walked into another branch and confidently requested to open an account. I was quickly shown to a seat and everything sorted within minutes. Maybe I was just lucky, but I really think it was down to clothes, being polite, firm, and assertive. Those things seem to go a long way here. Even if you are not sure what you are doing, act like you do! :o

Oh...I also think that it sounds like the men you asked probably just couldnt be bothered.

I have to agree in the sense that, the world over women tend to be better at getting things done, women can multitask better too imo but i think sbk probably has hit the nail pretty well, your mates cant be bothered to help you, they have their own stuff to get on with so probably don't put too much effort into it. The thai women most likely feel sorry for you & do it to stop your complaining :o

No, but he gets rid of the pythons and King Cobras. What's such a seemingly pointless question got to do with the topic at hand?

I'm not permitted to take the trash out because I throw good things away that she can sell. I'm also no longer permitted to use the weed whacker to cut weeds because I cut good weeds. Am I a wussy? Who ended up ahead?

So, in summary, theres some big butch women here with big hairy clusters......sounds about right, no arguments from me :D

I am not Big and Butch and I dont have Big Hairy Clusters, but i always manage to get things done. I like this thread, its a compliment to all us good Ladies. :o

No, but he gets rid of the pythons and King Cobras. What's such a seemingly pointless question got to do with the topic at hand?

it's a quote from another recently discussed topic.

good to hear that your "thai boy" is such a real hero and get rid of the snakes in the house, but can't you cook a delicious tom yam nguu by yourself? waste his precious time doing something that you should be capable of doing yourself.

Here's a thought. take some cooking classes. Then deal with it yourself instead.

and whats wrong with the OP?

good to see a nice change from the usual complains about woman we can read so often on TVforum.

good to hear that your "thai boy" is such a real hero and get rid of the snakes in the house, but can't you cook a delicious tom yam nguu by yourself? waste his precious time doing something that you should be capable of doing yourself.

Here's a thought. take some cooking classes. Then deal with it yourself instead.

good to see a nice change from the usual complains about woman we can read so often on TVforum.

Is this an attempt at humour, somebody enlighten me.

So, in summary, theres some big butch women here with big hairy clusters......sounds about right, no arguments from me :D

I am not Big and Butch and I dont have Big Hairy Clusters, but i always manage to get things done. I like this thread, its a compliment to all us good Ladies. :o

Err...did you just change your avator for this post?? If not i suggest you do as the pic seems to suggest you do indeed have big hairy leathery clusters. :D

No idea, but it seems to me that PD has confused me with someone else. My husband doesn't eat snakes, I have no idea what he's talking about and it seems to me he needs to take whatever personal issues he has with the person he's confused me with to PM instead of cluttering up the forum with meaningless posts.

My wife has three sisters; two of them are running their own businesses, the other is (in her forties) studying for a law degree.

She has two brothers; one is crippled by a lifetime of drug and drink addiction, the other is a terminal alcoholic.

She has a son and a daughter, both around 30 years; the daughter has a degree and has started her own business. The son is an empty-headed p155-artist who scrapes a living as a motor-cycle courier.

I've no idea whether that is typical, but from where I'm sitting the distaff side seems to make all the running.

yeh, er..whats that about? :D ..and "thai boy" ...meaning sbk's husband..Oh hel_l..

_____

As for pattaya Girls avatar..funny observation! :o

Err...did you just change your avator for this post?? If not i suggest you do as the pic seems to suggest you do indeed have big hairy leathery clusters. :D

Well, they are quite big, but certainly not leathery or hairy :D

Is there any reason you can't organise your own life? IMO you need to learn some thai to save these poor women from having to waste their precious time doing something that you should be capable of doing yourself :o

There are times when you do need a Thai speaker to translate for you. And I do not get the impression they are wasting their time and they do seem happy to help. As I help them in return at times. Besides, the Thai ladies do seem to have more about them when action is needed and the men seem to sit back and simply accept what they are told instead of making things happen.

But if you read the topic fully, you will see I also mention Thai women doing the work for Thai men especially out in the villages.

No idea, but it seems to me that PD has confused me with someone else. My husband doesn't eat snakes, I have no idea what he's talking about and it seems to me he needs to take whatever personal issues he has with the person he's confused me with to PM instead of cluttering up the forum with meaningless posts.

i have no personal issue with you. and i am not confusing you with somebody else. but i seems you take things to personally.

all i have done is to take comments by others, re-sample them and change the gender roles. and suddendly it is confusing for some people or even "cluttering up the forum with meaningless posts."

my intention/ my attempt was to make it, with this re-sample method more clear and understandable what was said in the first place, by the others. now i get slapped in an agressive manner for words and thoughts that are not mine.

@Moonrakers. it's your question a rhetorical one? an attempt at humour?

Um, whatever. You've entirely lost me. Quoting a non-existent post by me? By someone else? In a thread I did not participate in?

And just so you know, I do cook and I do take of things for myself, if that is what your point is here, but tbh, I am not entirely sure.

see what happens,the OP gives the weaker sex a compliment,and what do they reply with................insults.should learn "you can never win an argument with women"

My guess is the OP is a bloke...I would need a woman to sort all these things out too...

However...I am quite handy at navigating my way to the Mum and Pop shop over the road to buy beer.

:o:D