Sports Stadium

Anyone know what they are building at the sports stadium?

Overthe past week they have been hammering in those reinforced concrete piles, and are now building the uprights. Maybe a spectators platform? Restaurant etc?

A spectators Stand, Restauraunt, Bar Changing Rooms & 3, i think, 7 a side Pitches..

Spot on M Singh!

7 a side grass football pitches, changing rooms, spectator stand with bar and food!

Maybe we could get a Thai Visa Team together?

Cheers

Sounds great, only if Mattias doesn't wear Shin Pads though & i can play against him with Metal Studs on ?? :o:D

Oh & Jambo, the Guy who's doing it is a Hibbie i believe ?? :D

That information is indeed correct. For those people that have requested further info..

Work has begun on the Samui Sports Stadium being built near Plai Laem temple close to Choeng Mon.

The facilities are being built on 3.5 rai of land and will include the following facilities :-

3 Floodlit, Grassed. Fenced 7-a-side Football Pitches.

A large sand volleyball court, Swimming Pool, Raised Viewing Gallery with terraced seating along with Bar and Restaurant facilities, etc.

A website has been setup for more information:

WWW.SamuiSportsStadium.com - Currently scheduled to open some time in August / September.

There is a Contact link on the webpage (currently in Beta) for more information.

Now, that's interesting.

I didn't realise that there were 2 sports stadiums in Samui.

The one which I was referring to, is behind Wat Samret, near the Radio Station, about a Km passed Hua Thannon on the ring road, clockwise. Turn left at the sign for the Temple and radio station, then when you see the Temple ahead of you, turn right, passed the radio station, then you will see the stadium on the island in the lake. It's the same stadium where all of the Samui schools hold their sports week in July each year. :o

Edited by mistresserika

Where is it exactly?

It's not built yet, the location is in Plai Laem, past the 7/11 & Temples, then chuck a left up one of the Concrete Roads, about 1.5km's in...

Why on earth would they want 2 sport stadiums on Samui?? :o

I don't know, it's not me who's Building it...

I didn't even know there was another one & only just learned about this one recently..

More of a Sports Facility than a Sports Stadium though if you ask me & certainly not something to cry about as if it's good for the locals & Ex Pats, encouraging locals to play Football & other Sports using good Facilities which are better than they've ever used, there's no problemo.. ..

Who knows, they may even one day produce a local Kid good enough to play in the Thai Premier League.. :D

Where is it exactly?

It's not built yet, the location is in Plai Laem, past the 7/11 & Temples, then chuck a left up one of the Concrete Roads, about 1.5km's in...

Why on earth would they want 2 sport stadiums on Samui?? :o

Why not??

Spot on M Singh!

7 a side grass football pitches, changing rooms, spectator stand with bar and food!

Cheers

Sounds great, only if Mattias doesn't wear Shin Pads though & i can play against him with Metal Studs on ?? :D:D

Im in on 2 conditions:

1. I want to wear the KOS clothes.

2. Highdiver is in your team! :wai::o

Metal studs? Sounds nasty.... :D

Spot on M Singh!

Cheers

Sounds great, only if Mattias doesn't wear Shin Pads though & i can play against him with Metal Studs on ?? :D:wai:

Im in on 2 conditions:

1. I want to wear the KOS clothes.

2. Highdiver is in your team! :P:o

Metal studs? Sounds nasty.... :D

You know that if you do wear it ( the KOS Shirt ), i've got your Beer for a month... :jerk:

I'll be Highdiver's Bodyguard, he won't have to worry, a type of Vinny Jones/Singh Player i'll turn into..

So what about h20duncan, on your Team Mattias me thinks ?? :D

I'm putting the Metal Studs back in the Closet anyway, especially if you're wearing that Shirt as i won't be able to get up off the Floor from the laughter.. :burp:

Here they are Mattias, we used to get MADE to wear them on Sat/Sun morning when i was young in London..

Used to do some stupid damage & we shouldn't have worn them but if it was the choice of wearing them or not playing...................

post-55211-1237360399_thumb.jpg

Here they are Mattias, we used to get MADE to wear them on Sat/Sun morning when i was young in London..

Used to do some stupid damage & we shouldn't have worn them but if it was the choice of wearing them or not playing...................

Thx for putting them back in the closet.

So, you were a hooligan.... :o

I´m having second thoughts about this game. I´ll go along way for the one month of beers, but still....

Thx for putting them back in the closet.

So, you were a hooligan.... :o

I´m having second thoughts about this game. I´ll go along way for the one month of beers, but still....

I haven't told you about the Steel Toe Cap Doctor Martens that we used to wear on our way to play Football in the Metal Studs have i Mattias ?? :D

A sports facility on samui.. well its about time.. from what I see on the website its got the lot... great stuff.. where can i get more information.. ?? can i start a football team ? anyone want to join me ? according to the website its gonna have floodlights and everything... brill !!!!

A sports facility on samui.. well its about time.. from what I see on the website its got the lot... great stuff.. where can i get more information.. ?? can i start a football team ? anyone want to join me ? according to the website its gonna have floodlights and everything... brill !!!!

We've got a Farang ( & some Thai's ) Floodlit 5 A Side League already on Samui ( played at Bluewater School most evenings ) with the new Season starting the first week of April too... :o

• 2 weeks later...

We've got a Farang ( & some Thai's ) Floodlit 5 A Side League already on Samui ( played at Bluewater School most evenings ) with the new Season starting the first week of April too... :o

i heard a rumour that this football stadium is now not being built ,anyone else heard this?