Overhead When Buying A New Car

How much overhead is spent when buying a new car from a showroom in Bangkok? My Thai Mrs says on her previous Vios purchase probably 30kB went to the sales agent in the store for making the sale - a car she bought at the sticker price than seems fixed all over Thailand. Any experiences in avoiding the sales persons cut if such a thing exists?

How much overhead is spent when buying a new car from a showroom in Bangkok? My Thai Mrs says on her previous Vios purchase probably 30kB went to the sales agent in the store for making the sale - a car she bought at the sticker price than seems fixed all over Thailand. Any experiences in avoiding the sales persons cut if such a thing exists?

Asinine. :o How does the salesman get paid? Goodness of the heart of the dealership?

Probably... my Thai mrs said...............jeez. unless the sales man told her , she doesn't know.

Do you honestly think that they are paying 30,000 baht commission 600uk or $830. right i dont think so. they dont even get that sort of money back in the real world. Allan

30,000 baht commission 600uk or $830

Yes, when the cow jumps over the moon!

Are you confusing dealer delivery fee with salesman's commission?

Hear in Oz at many dealerships after your base salary and minor commission per sale you would need to sell 11 or 12 units plus a month to get into bonus territory. In LOS, I doubt it exists!

My last GF worked for Toyota in Pattaya.. Her commision was around 5k for a truck and and a bit more for a more expensive car... Trouble was they took 6 -8 Months to pay the commision. Her basic salary was 5k baht a Month.. average sales per Month was 3.. She's now running a business in Korea as she got fed up always being owed money.

• 4 months later...

I recently bought a new Fortuner and at first when looking around all the Toyota dealers used the same book price. When asking for discount very few would budge from the list price.

However, after calling various dealers in the locale we eventually got the price reduced slightly at first starting from 10K discount.... to eventually with the dealer we bought if from a discount of 50K with a few additional extra's thrown in.

It does pay to call around, even if the dealers are a little bit further than where you live. Although i'm not really interested in the free umberalla and rice cooker with a new car !!

I recently bought a new Fortuner and at first when looking around all the Toyota dealers used the same book price. When asking for discount very few would budge from the list price.

However, after calling various dealers in the locale we eventually got the price reduced slightly at first starting from 10K discount.... to eventually with the dealer we bought if from a discount of 50K with a few additional extra's thrown in.

It does pay to call around, even if the dealers are a little bit further than where you live. Although i'm not really interested in the free umberalla and rice cooker with a new car !!

Obviously, too late for this car, but if you buy in the future and aren't obsessed with the new car smell try buying from Toyota Sure you can get a car under 1 year old with the additional Toyota Sure warranty on top of the manufacturers warranty and fully checked.

But the big thing is they negotiate on the price. I got the price down about 7% from the sticker in the window, which was only slightly higher to begin with to the prices in non-official second hand dealers with no warranty or guaranteed check