Irishman Threatens To Jump From Balcony With His Baby

sriracha john

Imageaspx543535.jpg

Imageaspx3453331.jpg

Imageaspx5353444.jpg

Bitter Irish Threatens to Commit Suicide

A bitter Irish national threatened to jump with his 4-month old baby from a sixth-floor balcony in Bangkok after his wife left him and the baby more than a week ago.

Irish national, Romeo McNulbar, took his 4-month-old baby and threatened to jump from a six-storey balcony at Queen Mansion on Soi Sukhumvit 22, to protest against his wife after she left him and the baby more than a week ago.

Police talked with the man for three hours, however he refused to be persuaded but asked his wife to come back to him.

Finally, police asked a priest from nearby church for assistance, and the priest was able to coax the man inside.

- TOC / 2009-03-19

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should it be legal for men with that many tats to marry?

Seriously, I know this isn't a nanny state but they won't give that baby back to him, will they?

maybe thats why she left him cos of the tats :o .........i say good on the police,quick thinking re priest.

to be left with a 4 month old baby would be daunting.

poor baby, how could anyone do that to there own small child?

That freak Michael Jackson did it and he kept the kid. :o

I am no MJ fan but that is wrong. He didn't threaten to toss his child over, he was holding him over to show off for a crowd. Both dangerous and irresponsible, but different intentions.

A man suddenly dumped by the wife, left with a 4 month baby

likely to have some strong stress reactions.

Ones that are not typical for the individual,

no matter how many tats.

Sounds like the wife also was having a responsibility crisis

dealing with a new baby, and she just ran from it all.

Wouldn't be the 1st time.

He is shown walking down holding the baby.

I think MANY Thai policemen would have been gravely injured

trying to take this baby from him after he had decided to live.

Yes good job by the priest and hopefully he will comeback regularly

and help his new parishioner get on.

A man suddenly dumped by the wife, left with a 4 month baby

likely to have some strong stress reactions.

Ones that are not typical for the individual,

no matter how many tats.

Sounds like the wife also was having a responsibility crisis

dealing with a new baby, and she just ran from it all.

Wouldn't be the 1st time.

He is shown walking down holding the baby.

I think MANY Thai policemen would have been gravely injured

trying to take this baby from him after he had decided to live.

Yes good job by the priest and hopefully he will comeback regularly

and help his new parishioner get on.

I hope he will recover, forget the mother who dumped them both, fly back to Ireland and become a great father.

I hope he will recover, forget the mother who dumped them both, fly back to Ireland and become a great father.

He has forfeited the right to have that chance in my book, but this being Thailand I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he is with the baby right now.

He has forfeited the right to have that chance in my book

I thought you were more compassionate. Don't you believe we're all entitled to a second chance?

I cannot see the Thai Authorities allowing him to keep the baby under these circumstances. In fact, I think his actions could be calculated as to be endangering the life of the child.

This isn't normal behaviour, is anyone able to give an up-date....????

Many funny posters on this thread, don't you have any compassion?

I hope the man and child gets the help they both need.

They're not funny at all. They seem to view depression as an unforgivable offense. Even Jingthing starts to sound like the rabid posters he used to despise. Sad.

My compassion is towards the child. Just pick up a newspaper. Parents murdering children happens quite often and murder-suicides are often part of the picture. It is just too risky for the child to be allowed to live with a man who has already openly threatened to murder him. While I think western societies often go over the top on hysterically protecting children from the real world, this is too much risk and anyone responsible would feel the same. It is a tragedy for the child and the man, but not as tragic as what may have happened, and may still happen if they are not permanently separated. I hardly think I am rabid.

Yes, the father is mentally ill and that is sad, but that wouldn't make the baby any less dead if he killed him, and fathers who kill their babies are pretty much ALWAYS mentally ill, wouldn't you say?

Edited by Jingthing

My compassion is towards the child. Just pick up a newspaper. Parents murdering children happens quite often and murder-suicides are often part of the picture. It is just too risky for the child to be allowed to live with a man who has already openly threatened to murder him. While I think western societies often go over the top on hysterically protecting children from the real world, this is too much risk and anyone responsible would feel the same. It is a tragedy for the child and the man, but not as tragic as what may have happened, and may still happen if they are not permanently separated. I hardly think I am rabid.

Yes, the father is mentally ill and that is sad, but that wouldn't make the baby any less dead if he killed him, and fathers who kill their babies are pretty much ALWAYS mentally ill, wouldn't you say?

Let's wait for an update before jumping to conclusions. Maybe it was just a cry for help/attention and he had no intention to kill himself and the baby. Being dumped by the mother and left to cope with a 4 month old baby in a foreign country can certainly put a man under some serious stress. But stress/temporary depression are not a terminal disease. Thankfully, lots of people recover from it. No reason yet to claim that they should be permanently separated.

Jump to conclusions. That's a good one! Where is the mystery here? The man is unfit to parent. End of story. Who will be there to give excuses if the child is allowed to stay and murdered at a later date? Will you?

Frankly, it sounds like you consider a child as PROPERTY. A child is not property. I can't think of a more heinous act of CHILD ABUSE than what this man did to his child. Got it now? if the child is separated, will he have a crappy life? Possibly so. But he will have a life.

Edited by Jingthing

Compassion seems to be limited to whom we see as being the greatest victim. In this case, it is the child.

In Thailand parents are supreme and unless he gives up the child, he can keep it. Sad, but that's the way it is. There is usually some pathology when someone endangers their own child as he did and I think he may be in need of some serious help. It may have been a cry for help, but it's still not common to risk the child in a situation like this.

The mother sounds like a real winner--not too many mothers abandon their child, especially with someone who seems to be rather unstable.

This sounds like a case where the child might be better off with the grandparents, the wife on her own, and he back in Ireland (far away from a Tattoo shop).