Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/04

Marcjaiyenyen 08/04 Applied in Jamaica

scotland 22/04

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

nelson111 04/05

alanr 07/5

marcjaiyenyen i would email UKBA in the UK for an answer about whether the Documents need to go to Thailand for translation etc.

I suspect not but it is in my opinion, likely to cause some delay at least as there will probably be some sort of checking required.

If you email direct to the UK without all your details and make it a general query would that still be considered bad luck by your other half?

Note i am just a ordinary bloke and have no expertise on this stuff at all but i reckon a quick email won't hurt or hinder.

HI MERANGUE, documents where translated in Thailand last Sept/Oct and stamped by the office of foreign affairs, was told they would still go to Thailand for checking, why i don't know if in English too and stamped by the office of foreign affairs. looking at all the time scales some people are going to get good news this week coming and i wish you all the best too,

has anybody noticed the percentage for country's like India and Pakistan bigger volumes of applications too,Thailand and Jamaica on the same percentage or near enough the same. think i will give it another week then ring the UKBA.thanks for advice merangue and good luck to all that are expecting answers this week coming.

PEACE AND LIGHT TO ONE AND ALL.

Well just to add to the list, we applied for ours on the 20th April, Used the scouser as an agent because i thought it would be a bit better, the mrs was pregnant, so the scouser made a cover letter to try to get them to rush it through, but after having to go to bangkok to do the tb test, which they made her go in at 7am every morning for 3 days, had to register a day before and had to wait a day for cert, they wouldnt let her do the test local and it was just too much for her, on returning she got ill and pains then we found out she had a missed miscarriage, so I had to come back to help her.

They did do the application quickely, got a refusal by the 8th may, because they were worried of our financial situation because i had to leave my job and come here, so even with being together 3 years and havin a 1 year old son, having accommodation sorted and assets to sell, they simply decided to recomend since i worked here before then i can reasonable be expected to do so again. Didnt think it was upto them to give opinions like this.

So far we have emailed them with a new job offer to start on the 1st june, that was emailed 3 weeks ago and they havent bothered to contact us to ask anything or give any indication of changing their minds, their probably waiting until after the 1st so they can say you still not got a job so they can refuse again.

Anyone know what number i can call to get through to the ECM?

Well just to add to the list, we applied for ours on the 20th April, Used the scouser as an agent because i thought it would be a bit better, the mrs was pregnant, so the scouser made a cover letter to try to get them to rush it through, but after having to go to bangkok to do the tb test, which they made her go in at 7am every morning for 3 days, had to register a day before and had to wait a day for cert, they wouldnt let her do the test local and it was just too much for her, on returning she got ill and pains then we found out she had a missed miscarriage, so I had to come back to help her.

They did do the application quickely, got a refusal by the 8th may, because they were worried of our financial situation because i had to leave my job and come here, so even with being together 3 years and havin a 1 year old son, having accommodation sorted and assets to sell, they simply decided to recomend since i worked here before then i can reasonable be expected to do so again. Didnt think it was upto them to give opinions like this.

So far we have emailed them with a new job offer to start on the 1st june, that was emailed 3 weeks ago and they havent bothered to contact us to ask anything or give any indication of changing their minds, their probably waiting until after the 1st so they can say you still not got a job so they can refuse again.

Kingdom1 can i first say i am sorry for your loss. It is bad enough having to jump through all these hoops without the loss of a child added to it.

You state you used Scouser as your agent for the initial application and i am aware he has an extremely good reputation so i would take these questions to him directly. Perhaps he can help.

You mention an Email regarding a job offer. Was this submitted as part of an appeal?

I sincerely hope you can get something sorted out mate. I can only imagine the frustration and anger you must be bottling up at the moment.

I am sorry but i have no phone numbers of use. Perhaps one of the others might be able to advise you.

Thanks for that, Yeah the scouser was surprised too, he sent in the email to try and get them to overturn their decision, but no word yet.

Worst part is I took the Mrs to the uk about 2 years ago but they wouldnt grant her ILR and advised us to go down the path we have, just annoying how they just make you jump through hoops as and when and how they want and still shaft you.

no the job offer was going to get sent in as part of the application by email as a late addition but they had already processed so had to be sent in after the refusal.

Sorry to read this. Most folks on here are getting stressed because of the long wait

You have had the worst experience anyone could have

all that and then get a refusal just beggers belief.

I think it would be best for you to contact your agent, and ask them what thay think you should do.

If you have a job offer then I see no reason why they could not overturn the desision.

FAX as opposed to E Mail. From what others have said they don't reply to E Mail

ALL The very best Ken & Kate

Some-one was asking about telephone calls to Thailand have a look at www.niftylist.co.uk/calls This gives you 0844 and cheaper for landlines than mobiles but overall still very cheap.

MSN, Yahoo Messenger and Skype can all be better and free with computer to computer

Keep all transcripts for prove of communications.

Some-one was asking about telephone calls to Thailand have a look at www.niftylist.co.uk/calls This gives you 0844 and cheaper for landlines than mobiles but overall still very cheap.

MSN, Yahoo Messenger and Skype can all be better and free with computer to computer

Keep all transcripts for prove of communications.

updated

Good luck to you all!

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks 2 days

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks 1 day

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - 9weeks

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 10 weeks 2 days

chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 4 days

Gypsymoth 13/3 ????? 25/5 10 weeks 3 days

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/04

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/04

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/04

scotland 22/04

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

nelson111 04/05

alanr 07/5

Hope things have improved for you or will do soon MLF

Well folks it looks like this is going to be a big week for some of you guys on here. I wish you all the best and i hope your dreams come true. If 10 weeks is the mark i still have 2 weeks to wait...... good luck.............

Hi,

You can add us to the list.

I'm in the UK working - my wife went to the VAC and put the application in on the 15th May.

We have a 19th month old son who I haven't seen for 6 weeks already, so fingers crossed that everything goes through OK. I am prepared for the wait, although it's proving tough!

Good luck to everybody.

Just had two additions to the family. One at 10 am and One at 10.30

One Brown and One Black. Yes the Dog has given birth. Is This A good Omen ?

Two Out More to come ?

Other than that No News 11 Weeks Tomorrow :)

Hi,

You can add us to the list.

I'm in the UK working - my wife went to the VAC and put the application in on the 15th May.

We have a 19th month old son who I haven't seen for 6 weeks already, so fingers crossed that everything goes through OK. I am prepared for the wait, although it's proving tough!

Good luck to everybody.

updated. Welcome to the list spot.

Good luck to you all!

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/04

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/04

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/04

scotland 22/04

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/05

spot 15/5

Edited by sumrit

Sad to hear a story like this, I feel for you. I've heard of the British Embassy suggesting that a retired (over 65) person should live in Thailand if he wants to be with his wife (it happened to a friend of mine because they said there wasn't enough proof of their relationship) but never heard of them suggesting a person of working age would have to work abroad if he wants to be with his wife before. My friends wifes refusal was overturned on appeal and I believe he also got his MP involved so that might be something else to consider doing. Your and your wifes sad loss should be a sober reminder to everybody the kind of stress involved in applying for a settlement visa at the moment.

Experts in the UK say the most stressfull thing a person has to go through is buying a house..............they obviously haven't tried to get a settlement visa from the British Embassy here in Bangkok, I'd rather buy and sell a dozen houses than go though this wait again. It wouldn't be so bad if we had regular updates on the process or at least an explanation for the delays over the last few months but we get absolutely no informatiom at all and the British Embassy don't even have the common courtesy to answer peoples emails and faxes.

Don't expect them to get the passports back and immediately update the pages. They seem to do it on a very ad hoc basis and I'm guessing that the busier they are, the less timely the updates will be. Some of your applications may have been received back with the vfs agency late last week, but they haven't got round to updating the pages yet.

Last year when we applied for my wife's visa I was in BKK with her for 2 weeks. We submitted on the wednesday of the first week. We were hoping for an update on the website before the end of the second week, but it didn't come. So, I flew home to the UK and the Mrs flew home to Khon Kaen. I landed on Sunday evening in the UK and checked the website when I got home to find that our status had updated. They had the application back from the Embassy and had it dated as received back on the Wednesday or Thursday before I left, but it took them until the sunday to update. The upshot was, my Mrs had to get a return flight to BKK to pick the passport up, even though we were in BKK when they supposedly got the passport back.

Well I managed to get past the embassy switchboard and into the visa section after a few minutes or arguing, however the person in the visa section i got was just an Entry Clearance Assistant and she was Thai so you can imagine how that argument went, no reasoning with arguments and no getting past her.

Get this though, after they refused and we emailed them with the job offer and other financial evidence so they could overturn their decision, also I got my local MP to email them twice, I also wrote to David Cameron MP, Phil Woolas MP and minister for the home office and the PM Gordon Brown.

Why did i go this far, because I was sick of jumping through all their hoops like a circus pet and wanted this done so we could actually settle our lives and start building some stability.

So the answer I get this morning from the Assistant was simply that the ECM had decided, since I lodged the appeal paperwork, to simply wait for the appeal instead of looking at overturning their decicion.

So it seems if you exercise your right to appeal then you lose the right to get your decision overturned, yet for some reason I was thinking that they have to show they acted responsibly, what a joke.

So 2 options left, wait 7 months or so for an appeal and then got though the process again, which even if i win the appeal, they can still refuse the visa if their not satisfied our situation is good enough then. Or re apply and throw another 30000 THB at them.

No news from us today :)

Same here Nothing. Now we have 4 Puppies so 4 Visa's Later ????

Maybe they inform you from VFS when they get them back ? Collection from them starts at 3 pm.

Good luck Ken&Kate. I read this often awaiting your result.

VFS do notify you, not the embassy and they notified us at around 10 a.m only to tell us we could collect between 3 - 4.30 pm or wait until the following day when a courier would send it to us.

WAIT ?? another day?? no way.... we went to get it..... like a rat out of an aquaduct !!

Good luck all..

Thanks Tango7 I think people on here just want movement,

It's now a week since we have had any of our Gang got a visa.

I wont be going for ours, Getting it sent to Chang Mai. It looks like another day to wait after we get the message

My Rat will have to stay in the Aquaduct for further 24 Hrs :) After we get the Nod

Come on lads lets have one today even if its not ours its MOVEMENT.

Thanks Tango7 I think people on here just want movement,

It's now a week since we have had any of our Gang got a visa.

I wont be going for ours, Getting it sent to Chang Mai. It looks like another day to wait after we get the message

My Rat will have to stay in the Aquaduct for further 24 Hrs :) After we get the Nod

Come on lads lets have one today even if its not ours its MOVEMENT.

Here, here! Any movement is a positive. Just to be able to see some light at the end of this tunnel.

Well you've all dissapointed me. I expected at least a few of you to hear something today. You've no consideration towards others, seriously!

The only news we've recieved is from KindDom1 - and sadly that's not positive, I feel for you KingDom.

My fingers are stiff from being permanently crossed.

Page 20 - only 6 visas granted.

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/04

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/04

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/04

scotland 22/04

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/05

spot 15/5

Little update necessary folks, phone call today 9.00 BST from Mrs saying "Yeeeeeeeeeees"

...her ticket now booked on same flight as me BKK - LHR 08/06/09.

Thanks for all your support over these weeks, and the very best of luck to all of you especially Kingdom1 and your Mrs - you need it most of all. :)

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 3 days

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/04

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/04

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/04

scotland 22/04

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/05

spot 15/5

:D:D :D :D

p.s. I put too many emoticons up there and it wouldn't let me post - says it all!