• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well she has had her interview

But no answer yes or no given at her interview =/

They said they would get back to her later today or in the next few days =/

She answered all her questions ok as far as im aware.

Starting to worry now :)

I hope this all goes ok for you. Would you be able to post some details of the questions asked etc? Might be helpful to others...

hi guys i am a new poster here and i guess in the same boat as many others...would like to be added to the list of desparate waiters for spouse settlement visas. my dates are 6/7/09 (application passed to embassy) RTD 5/9/09.

thanks to all the posters here for the wealth of useful information for this minefield process which i wish with hindsight i had looked at earlier as my "settlement" phase has been dragging on since last december. briefly the background, im late 40's and have been holidaying in thailand for 3 years with another single divorced buddy and last january met someone i wanted to be with long term. shes a real beaut but transgender with a bar history past so there was no option to marry in thailand. in june last year we applied for a visit visa to form civil partnership in UK; told the truth with regards to all aspects of our application and were granted the visa within 5 days. my partner came to the UK in august, we married in october and in december applied on FLR (M) for a two year extension visa. we hadnt considered our long term plans at length as i had been considering the option of trying living in thailand now my kids have grown up and wanted to be realistic about how my partner would adjust to life in the UK. we were very happy, my partner had integrated very well with our friends and wider family network but as most of you know FLR (M) is not eligible to those entering on visit visas. i had checked out the relevant immigration rulings before applying (284) (i) to (vii) which is misleading and I guess am not the first or wont be the last to fall foul of this. having taken my £495 however...gone through the biometrics etc.. and being told it should take a week to recieve the ID card, after several weeks waiting i called UKBA who said they could not give any information to applicants until after 14 weeks had expired. smelling a rat it was at this stage in feb 09 i started scouring this site and all aspects of immigration law and directorate instructions (which are contradictory). we recieved our refusal notice in march and appealed since all apects of our application were deemed satisfactory other than the entry visa category. we attended a tribunal hearing in may representing ourselves at which the immigration judge was critical of the UKBA's handling of our case and the lack of clarity in the relevant immigration rule which she criticised as misleading-she was kind enough to state this in her written judgement and apologetic that she was unable to overturn it; as well as making other positive comments regarding our sincerity and the validity of the rest of our application. basically, our application is sound but we filled in the wrong form in the wrong country and id stumped up £495 for an ineligble, not an invalid application. whilst i accept my own culpability it seems unfair that when applications are prescreened someone from UKBA couldnt pick up the phone and say sorry buddy you cant apply on this form you need to go back to thailand and fill in for VAF4 (which is materially the same), which we could have done in january and got sorted months ago. so...having had our FLRM application/appeal refused on this technicality we stoically returned to bangkok in late june to resubmit on the right form, dole out the £600 and wait like the rest of you poor souls for news, separated from loved ones for months on end. thing that pees me off most, not withstanding my own naievity is that on our original visit visa apllication we never gave an unequivocal intention to return after 6 months as i believed we would have an option to extend from within the UK...the UKBA directorate instructions are clear that partners in this case should be interviewed and the couples longer term intentions clearly established; she only had a one way ticket also and was never questioned or challenged about this. to sum up this system is rotten to the core...in my opinion it makes it easy for those who want to come here fraudulently and disappear to work illegally or take from the state; and discriminates against those who are just trying to play by the rules and are paying for themselves without recourse to public funds. i cant think of any other "service" id be paying over £1000 plus travel expenses for which is so incompetent and inaccessible. given i have a paid return ticket to manchester for my missus on 5 september... looking at the current processing times that does not look promising... of course because i cant call the embassy to speak to anyone the promise of a reply to my email and fax within 20 working days aint getting me nowhere either...im going to get in touch with the immigration judge who was on our side and see if she can jimmy them up.

as an addendum been checking up the processing times for settlement visas in other parts of asia to see if theres a trend of increased waiting times now june 2009 figures have been uploaded...this should cheer everyone up no end:

Embassy %completed within 30 days number of applications processed

bangladesh(dhaka) 92% 28

india (ahmedabad) 94% 130

pakistan (islamabad) 94% 574

pakistan (karachi) 89% 56

pakistan (lahore) 82% 193

pakistan (mirpur) 87% 183

nigeria (lagos) 87% 48

thailand (bangkok) 4% 196

me thinks a little redistribution of resources in order

hi guys i am a new poster here and i guess in the same boat as many others...would like to be added to the list of desparate waiters for spouse settlement visas. my dates are 6/7/09 (application passed to embassy) RTD 5/9/09.

thanks to all the posters here for the wealth of useful information for this minefield process which i wish with hindsight i had looked at earlier as my "settlement" phase has been dragging on since last december. briefly the background, im late 40's and have been holidaying in thailand for 3 years with another single divorced buddy and last january met someone i wanted to be with long term. shes a real beaut but transgender with a bar history past so there was no option to marry in thailand. in june last year we applied for a visit visa to form civil partnership in UK; told the truth with regards to all aspects of our application and were granted the visa within 5 days. my partner came to the UK in august, we married in october and in december applied on FLR (M) for a two year extension visa. we hadnt considered our long term plans at length as i had been considering the option of trying living in thailand now my kids have grown up and wanted to be realistic about how my partner would adjust to life in the UK. we were very happy, my partner had integrated very well with our friends and wider family network but as most of you know FLR (M) is not eligible to those entering on visit visas. i had checked out the relevant immigration rulings before applying (284) (i) to (vii) which is misleading and I guess am not the first or wont be the last to fall foul of this. having taken my £495 however...gone through the biometrics etc.. and being told it should take a week to recieve the ID card, after several weeks waiting i called UKBA who said they could not give any information to applicants until after 14 weeks had expired. smelling a rat it was at this stage in feb 09 i started scouring this site and all aspects of immigration law and directorate instructions (which are contradictory). we recieved our refusal notice in march and appealed since all apects of our application were deemed satisfactory other than the entry visa category. we attended a tribunal hearing in may representing ourselves at which the immigration judge was critical of the UKBA's handling of our case and the lack of clarity in the relevant immigration rule which she criticised as misleading-she was kind enough to state this in her written judgement and apologetic that she was unable to overturn it; as well as making other positive comments regarding our sincerity and the validity of the rest of our application. basically, our application is sound but we filled in the wrong form in the wrong country and id stumped up £495 for an ineligble, not an invalid application. whilst i accept my own culpability it seems unfair that when applications are prescreened someone from UKBA couldnt pick up the phone and say sorry buddy you cant apply on this form you need to go back to thailand and fill in for VAF4 (which is materially the same), which we could have done in january and got sorted months ago. so...having had our FLRM application/appeal refused on this technicality we stoically returned to bangkok in late june to resubmit on the right form, dole out the £600 and wait like the rest of you poor souls for news, separated from loved ones for months on end. thing that pees me off most, not withstanding my own naievity is that on our original visit visa apllication we never gave an unequivocal intention to return after 6 months as i believed we would have an option to extend from within the UK...the UKBA directorate instructions are clear that partners in this case should be interviewed and the couples longer term intentions clearly established; she only had a one way ticket also and was never questioned or challenged about this. to sum up this system is rotten to the core...in my opinion it makes it easy for those who want to come here fraudulently and disappear to work illegally or take from the state; and discriminates against those who are just trying to play by the rules and are paying for themselves without recourse to public funds. i cant think of any other "service" id be paying over £1000 plus travel expenses for which is so incompetent and inaccessible. given i have a paid return ticket to manchester for my missus on 5 september... looking at the current processing times that does not look promising... of course because i cant call the embassy to speak to anyone the promise of a reply to my email and fax within 20 working days aint getting me nowhere either...im going to get in touch with the immigration judge who was on our side and see if she can jimmy them up.

as an addendum been checking up the processing times for settlement visas in other parts of asia to see if theres a trend of increased waiting times now june 2009 figures have been uploaded...this should cheer everyone up no end:

Embassy %completed within 30 days number of applications processed

bangladesh(dhaka) 92% 28

india (ahmedabad) 94% 130

pakistan (islamabad) 94% 574

pakistan (karachi) 89% 56

pakistan (lahore) 82% 193

pakistan (mirpur) 87% 183

nigeria (lagos) 87% 48

thailand (bangkok) 4% 196

me thinks a little redistribution of resources in order

WOW!! those figures at the end of your post are unbelievable ! 4 % for Thailand?? Man that should really chear everyone up huh...

Let me get your post right.... you tried to submit a settlement visa application form for your good lady whilst both of you were in the UK? Where did you submit this application if you did??

Its quite a clear rule that visa applications to enter the UK have to be made from outwith the UK, at the Embassy of that applicant's home country right?? OK, not everyone will know this, and I may be corrected on that too, there are some cases where you can apply from within the UK ( Such as extensions to work permit visa's )... My question is this... who took your application and fee??? They should of course be telling you that you are simply not allowed to apply from the UK and it must be done in Thailand.

What kind of service is that? take your money and then tell you " oh, actually your not allowed to do that... "

It's like someone ordering a meal and paying for it, and then being told... "oops actually it's not on the menu"

Shocking if that has happened to you... you should be getting a full appology and refund in my opinion !

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks) MONDAY

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days) MONDAY

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days) MONDAY

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days) MONDAY

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks) TUESDAY

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days) FRIDAY

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks) WEDNESDAY

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days) WEDNESDAY

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days) FRIDAY

Tricknicky 09/3 granted 23/4 - (6 weeks 3 days) (Special Case) THURSDAY

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day) TUESDAY

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks) TUESDAY

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days) FRIDAY

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days) MONDAY

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days) MONDAY

chrisspuresbkk1 13/3

Friend Boo 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days) THURSDAY

Dave W 16/3 granted 17/6 - (13 weeks 2 days) WEDNESDAY

Stonewall 62 17/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 3 days) FRIDAY

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks) TUESDAY

Chewy 18/3 Granted 07/08 20 weeks and 3 days

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day) FRIDAY

Pingit 19/3 Refused 19/6 - ( 13 weeks 1 day ) FRIDAY Decision overturned 15/07 WEDNESDAY

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days) THURSDAY

Jaja 20/3 granted 9/7 - (15 weeks 6 days) THURSDAY

Pudsey 23/3 granted 10/7 - (15 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Sumrit 24/3 Granted 26/6 - (13 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks) WEDNESDAY

Domm44 27/3 Granted 22/7- (16 Weeks 5 days)WEDNESDAY

Fluidfusion 27/3 Refused 03/06 - (13 weeks) WEDNESDAY

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

George & Dragon 30/03 Refused 26/06 (12 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Delboy 30/3 Granted 22/06 - (12 weeks 1 day) MONDAY

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4 Granted 24/6 - (12 weeks) WEDNESDAY

JasonThai 02/4 Granted 25/6 - (12 weeks) THURSDAY

Mikeyp 03/4 granted 26/6 - (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Mrburb 03/4 Granted 26/6 - (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Feasantplukka 03/4 Granted 14/7 - (14 week 4 days) TUESDAY

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 Granted 26/6 (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Lerningcurve 07/04 Granted 30/6 (12 weeks) TUESDAY

Bigsy94 07/04 Granted 30/6 (12 weeks) TUESDAY

Kate46 (son) 08/4 Granted 22/7 - (15 WEEKS) WEDNESDAY

AndyJoy 08/4 Granted 21/7 (14 weeks 6 days) TUESDAY

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica) granted 7/7 (12 weeks 6 days) TUESDAY

ExoticMatter 09/4 Granted 23/7 (15 weeks) THURSDAY

Dolphy 21/4 Granted 29/7 (14 weeks 1 day) WEDNESDAY

Scotland 22/4 Granted 24/07 (13weeks) FRIDAY

Jes5133 24/4 Granted 24/7 (13 Weeks) FRIDAY

Lee888 28/4 Granted 22/7 (12 week 1 Day) WEDNESDAY

CinnamonRoll 29/4 Granted 22/7 - (12 week) WEDNESDAY

Gena 29/4 Granted 22/7 (12 week) WEDNESDAY

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case) WEDNESDAY

Castor83 29/4 Refused

TDM 30/4 Granted 24/7 (12 Weeks 1 Day) FRIDAY

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5 Granted 23/7 (11 Weeks 4 Days) THURSDAY

Marky1600 05/05 Ganted 28/7 (12 Weeks) TUESDAY

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

Alanr 07/5 Granted 28/7 (11 Weeks 5 Days) TUESDAY

Suprich 07/5 Granted 28/7 (11 Weeks 5 Days) TUESDAY

Buzby 11/5 Granted 27/7 (11 weeks) MONDAY

dean999 12/5 Interview??????? 27/7 10 Weeks 6 Days

Dont panic 13/05 Granted 29/07 (11 weeks) WEDNESDAY

Zim 13/5

True blue 14/5 Granted 27/7 (10 weeks 5 days) MONDAY

Spot 15/5 Granted 31/07 (11 weeks) FRIDAY

uaelaelil 20/5 Interview??????? 27/7 10 Weeks 6 Days

Johnokk 25/5 Granted 04/8 (10 weeks 1 day) TUESDAY

moodysufc 26/5 Interview??????? 27/7 10 Weeks

Ade2007 29/5 ??????? 04/8 9 Weeks 4 Days

leefreight 29/05

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/06

Globaleyes 08/06

Bukseeda 09/06

Hawkinsschris 19/06

Thongkorn 23/06

JULY'S APPLICATIONS

tjthai 2/07

Jaggg88 14/07

Bananaman 30/07

There're some frequently repeated fallacies in relation to Settlement Visas(SV). Though,those appear to have been already addressed by others, I thought, would highlight the same(in a different format), hoping it would offer some help.

Length of Relationship -- This becomes paticularly relevant to those who apply for SV under civil partnership/fiance category. If married(in Amper with marriage certificate), the length of relationship is not of any great significance as long as the marriage is subsisting;certainly,there is no minimum requirement as to the length of relationship.(In some countries, after knowing each other for about a week or two, a marriage is registered and that's sufficient enough for purposes of applying for SV as spouse, as long as the marriage is a genuine one).

Divorce Certificate -- Original of the div.certificate must be submitted with the VAF4(application form);that's the only way that ECOs can be sure that the marriage is not a bigamous one.Hence, not supplying the same and arguing about it would be a fruitless exercise.

Public Funds --At the bottom of the VAF4,there's a web address to the page which sets out the public funds and the ones which are not. Any British citizen/subject is of course entitled to claim the relevant benefits(whether those are public funds or not) and should declare so without any hesitation;non-declaration could obviously lead to problems. Claiming benefits,in itself, is not a disqualification for the purposes of SV applications. As far as I am aware, the test is 'additional' recourse to public funds after taking all of the sponsor's income/investments/assets into consideration.

Employment Status -- Existing UK-employment of the sponsor is not a requirement. Job offer/evidence of potential job prospects would be sufficient. The bottom line is could the couple(and any children) survive in the UK without recourse to public funds/additional public funds. Sufficient investments/assets in the UK could be adequate to meet this test. Retirement status is not a barrier,either.

Accomodation in the UK --Rented/owned property or sharing with family/friends as a short-term measure(with written evidence) would be sufficient. But there are some minimum requirements--see UKBA website for more details;though not 100% sure,1 bed room for 2 people. Should provide copies of tenancy agreement/mortgage statement if relevant.

Accompanying Documents --Suggest following the list of documents mentioned on VAC website. VAC staff should check each item before forwarding to the B Embassy. It would be sensible to stick to what they specifically ask rather than submitting voluminous material(eg.150 wedding photos). Printouts of online bank statements are accepted,usually covering the preceding 3 month period would suffice. Similarly,I understand that self-certified photocopies of the biodata page of sponsor's passport(and entry/exit stamps) would be ok, but wish to get it certified by another(solicitor,banker etc) then that should be ok,too. VAC staff are neither qualified nor authorised to provide advice to visa applicants. In my view, evidence of relationship becomes more important(thus,the amount of documentary evidence) in cases of civil partnership than a married applicant; abesence of telephone bills, emails or photos itself should not be a major barrier as long as reasonable explanation could be provided if necessary.

the issue is your intention. if you want to bring your thai fiance/partner to the UK to marry here and you know you are going to settle here you are supposed to fill in form VAF4 and if granted will be issued a 6 month probationary visa for the marriage to take place in the UK. form FLRM for use in the uk is for people in this category to extend for 2 years after the marriage has taken place. if you have entry clearance on a visit visa to get married, having completed form VAF1 you are not allowed under the rules to apply for the 2 year extension, but have to return to your country of origin and reapply for settlement as a spouse... this is not of course pointed out in the guidance notes for form FLRM and they are happy to take your £495, your biometrics etc... before they reject your application several months later and tell you to go home, referring to immigration rule 284 (i) which is in need of change because its so misleading... it prohibits those with a visa of 6 months or less from applying on form FLRM but has a caveat that states..."unless the leave in question is limited leave to enter as a fiance or proposed civil partner". the fact we had a 6 month limited leave to enter visa led me to believe we could apply in this category...fair enough if the rule says those with visitor visas cannot apply... but it doesnt and im not the first nor will i be the last to fall foul of this until its changed. for sure i should have looked into it more with hindsight but i naievly assumed if i had made an innocent mistake with the application type a state agency would tell me... you live and learn fast in this game.

updated dean999

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

chrisspuresbkk1 13/3

Pingit 19/3 Refused 19/6 - ( 13 weeks 1 day ) FRIDAY Decision overturned 15/07 WEDNESDAY

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Castor83 29/4 Refused

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

dean999 12/5 Interview 27/7 10 Weeks 6 Days/rejected 6/8 (12 weeks 2 days) THURSDAY

Zim 13/5

leefreight 29/05

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/06

Globaleyes 08/06

Bukseeda 09/06

Hawkinsschris 19/06

Thongkorn 23/06

JULY'S APPLICATIONS

tjthai 2/07

Jaggg88 14/07

Bananaman 30/07

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

I have sent a rather long email to the complaints email thingy at the b embassy. Addressed to Gerard Stuart Grant. I plan on sending it everyday. the same email that is. till i get a reply.

Why'll i'm doing that i'm sorting out the appeal. Fingers crossed.

the issue is your intention. if you want to bring your thai fiance/partner to the UK to marry here and you know you are going to settle here you are supposed to fill in form VAF4 and if granted will be issued a 6 month probationary visa for the marriage to take place in the UK. form FLRM for use in the uk is for people in this category to extend for 2 years after the marriage has taken place. if you have entry clearance on a visit visa to get married, having completed form VAF1 you are not allowed under the rules to apply for the 2 year extension, but have to return to your country of origin and reapply for settlement as a spouse... this is not of course pointed out in the guidance notes for form FLRM and they are happy to take your £495, your biometrics etc... before they reject your application several months later and tell you to go home, referring to immigration rule 284 (i) which is in need of change because its so misleading... it prohibits those with a visa of 6 months or less from applying on form FLRM but has a caveat that states..."unless the leave in question is limited leave to enter as a fiance or proposed civil partner". the fact we had a 6 month limited leave to enter visa led me to believe we could apply in this category...fair enough if the rule says those with visitor visas cannot apply... but it doesnt and im not the first nor will i be the last to fall foul of this until its changed. for sure i should have looked into it more with hindsight but i naievly assumed if i had made an innocent mistake with the application type a state agency would tell me... you live and learn fast in this game.

I always thought that a Visit visa was just that,used for visits,didnt no you could use one to come to the uk and then get married/form a civil partnership,and then apply for flr,surely it goes against what the actual V V is for,maybe im wrong,somebody correct me if i am,or maybe im reading this all wrong.

A marriage visit visa is just that; it allows the holder to travel to the UK to marry, or form a civil partnership, but confers no rights of settlement. It cannot be extended or converted to FLR and the holder has to leave the UK when or before the visa expires; just like any other visit visa.

Visa with a term of 6 months or less cannot be extended or converted to settlement in the UK. The exception to this is a fiance/proposed civil partners settlement visa; where the stated intention is to travel to the UK, marry and then apply for further leave to remain.

SimiUK, the UKBA is obliged by law to consider any and all applications presented to them and charge the appropriate fee; even if it is obvious at first glance that the applicant does not qualify.

I am surprised that you thought your partner could convert the marriage visit visa into settlement. The application form makes numerous references to 'visit' and the questions How long do you intend to stay in the UK? and On which date will you leave the UK? are a bit of a clue as well, I'd have thought.

Leaflet Visitors (INF2) makes it clear as well

Can I get married or register a civil partnership in the UK?

If either you or your future husband, wife or civil partner are not EEA (European Economic Area) or Swiss nationals, you can visit the UK together to get married or register a civil partnership as long as you intend to leave the country within six months. If you wish to marry and live in the UK please see Guidance - Husbands, wives and partners (INF 4).(My emphasis)

Did you not wonder why a marriage visit visa was called a marriage visit visa and so much cheaper than a fiance/proposed civil partner's visa?

yep accept my culpability entirely its the point you make about them being "obliged under law" to take your cash and consider the application even though its obviously invalid that pees me off. why in that case did they keep both our passports and not give us a decision for 15 weeks after we applied in december 2008? i would rather have got the refusal, with no right of appeal by return of post...with our passports so we could have gone back for our planned winter break in thailand, reapplied straight away and got our settlement visa in february when the processing times seemed to be much quicker. i am also peed off as a novice i didnt post what i should do next on this forum since the answer would have been clear and unequivocal unlike the guidelines for FLRM which do not say you cannot apply with a visit visa. i accept i cocked up and deserve to be beasted for my lack of thorougness but it doesn't make it any less frustrating or annoying having this drag on for the last 8 months; compunded by numerous administrative errors the UKBA and Tribunals Service have made handling our case.

thanks for the castigation anyway! i'd still like to be added to the long list of waiters on this thread as nearly all seem to be eventually granted which is good kharma...SimiUK; applied 6 July.

its the point you make about them being "obliged under law" to take your cash and consider the application even though its obviously invalid that pees me off. why in that case did they keep both our passports and not give us a decision for 15 weeks after we applied in december 2008?

Because applications are looked at in the order they are recieved. In other words, it took that long for the application to get to the head of the queue. (I'm not saying that's right, just that it is what happens.)

the guidelines for FLRM which do not say you cannot apply with a visit visa

Strictly speaking, you are correct; as these assume one has leave to enter the UK for settlement purposes, not a visit. A marriage visit visa is not limited leave to enter as a fiance or proposed civil partner, it is a visit visa to marry or register a civil partnership in the UK and then leave, as the guidance makes clear.

The immigration rules are written by Parliament, not the UKBA. If you feel strongly that they are confusing and misleading I suggest you contact your MP.

Edited by 7by7

yep simiuk ,it can be a minefield when it comes to visa applications,

but hey your back on track now,and i wish you and your partner all the best,just the waiting game now,

(ps i would add you to the list,but dont no how to,maybe one of the other guys or girls can)

good luck. :)

Pingit's update for SIMIUK

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

chrisspuresbkk1 13/3

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Castor83 29/4 Refused

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

dean999 12/5 Interview 27/7 10 Weeks 6 Days/rejected 6/8 (12 weeks 2 days) THURSDAY

Zim 13/5

leefreight 29/05

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/06

Globaleyes 08/06

Bukseeda 09/06

Hawkinsschris 19/06

Thongkorn 23/06

JULY'S APPLICATIONS

tjthai 2/07

simiUK 6/07

Jaggg88 14/07

Bananaman 30/07

there you go man

yep accept my culpability entirely its the point you make about them being "obliged under law" to take your cash and consider the application even though its obviously invalid that pees me off. why in that case did they keep both our passports and not give us a decision for 15 weeks after we applied in december 2008? i would rather have got the refusal, with no right of appeal by return of post...with our passports so we could have gone back for our planned winter break in thailand, reapplied straight away and got our settlement visa in february when the processing times seemed to be much quicker. i am also peed off as a novice i didnt post what i should do next on this forum since the answer would have been clear and unequivocal unlike the guidelines for FLRM which do not say you cannot apply with a visit visa. i accept i cocked up and deserve to be beasted for my lack of thorougness but it doesn't make it any less frustrating or annoying having this drag on for the last 8 months; compunded by numerous administrative errors the UKBA and Tribunals Service have made handling our case.

thanks for the castigation anyway! i'd still like to be added to the long list of waiters on this thread as nearly all seem to be eventually granted which is good kharma...SimiUK; applied 6 July.

I have a nasty feeling i've fallen foul of this then.

We've been waiting for 3months so far...though we did receive a letter and my passport back saying the FLR(M) application was valid, so now I dunno, especially as i rang them up initially for advice if i can/which form and was told the FLR(M) is the one to use.

Which visa did your partner originally enter the UK with; a marriage visit visa or a fiance/proposed civil partner visa?

If not sure, a marriage visit visa costs 3866 baht; a fiance/proposed civil partner visa costs 33930 baht. How much did you pay?

Edit:

The amount you paid may be slightly different to the above as visa fees are set in sterling and so the actual fee paid is adjusted periodically to reflect exchange rate fluctuations.

Edited by 7by7

Well the embassy finally called back at 9am this morning and had a short conversation with my girlfriend over the phone in which she tried to tell my girlfriend that the Unmarried partner visa should really be a Fiance visa. I'm now a nervous wreck as thankfully my girlfriend held out and said no we are not engaged or plan on getting married yet but the embassy worker didn't answer if she understood this or she thinks we are applying for a fiance visa but haven't set a date for marriage yet and obviously filled the form in wrong.

They also asked how many bedrooms were in the house where we planned to live and how many other people lived in the house and also why we didn't apply for a tourist visa. This made me laugh as last time landing at Manchester we were hassled by immigration that next time she would have to enter on an unmarried partner settlement visa as she was spending 5months of her visit visa's in the UK (she has twice been to stay in the UK on 6 months visit visa's).

It's now 4.33am and i think i won't be sleeping for the next 48hours untill the passport arrives back at the VFS office

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

chrisspuresbkk1 13/3

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Castor83 29/4 Refused

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

Zim 13/5

leefreight 29/05

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/06

Globaleyes 08/06

Bukseeda 09/06

Hawkinsschris 19/06

Thongkorn 23/06

JULY'S APPLICATIONS

tjthai 2/07

simiUK 6/07

Jaggg88 14/07

Bananaman 30/07

AUGUST'S APPLICATIONS

learningcurve 13/08

Good News for me and my wife.

Apologies for the delay.

My wife had her Visa GRANTED on Monday 10th August, 1 day under 10 weeks of tortuous waiting. We are both over the moon.

I´m currently on holiday in Majorca, so looking to return to Uk on Wednesday, pack me bags and head over to thailand on the next weekend.

Good luck to everyone else. Waiting times seems to be slightly down on the 12 weeks.

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

chrisspuresbkk1 13/3

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Castor83 29/4 Refused

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

Zim 13/5

leefreight 29/05

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/06 Granted 10/8 (9 weeks 6 days) MONDAY

Globaleyes 08/06

Bukseeda 09/06

Hawkinsschris 19/06

Thongkorn 23/06

JULY'S APPLICATIONS

tjthai 2/07

simiUK 6/07

Jaggg88 14/07

Bananaman 30/07

AUGUST'S APPLICATIONS

learningcurve 13/08

Does anyone know if uaelaelil got his wifes visa? Last i heared his wife had the interview and was waiting for the decision.

Congrates ajsp9. hope you all the luck for the future. :)

Edited by dean999

Not yet Dean999 still waiting =/

She had her interview and tbh Im starting to think we were too truthfull. its really doing my and my wifes head in atm.

Just carnt help thinking we trying to do everything legal and above board and going to get screwed over by my own goverment.

But still no answer as of yet. Is it possible that a 2nd interview can be asked for etc ?

Not yet Dean999 still waiting =/

She had her interview and tbh Im starting to think we were too truthfull. its really doing my and my wifes head in atm.

Just carnt help thinking we trying to do everything legal and above board and going to get screwed over by my own goverment.

But still no answer as of yet. Is it possible that a 2nd interview can be asked for etc ?

I hear what your saying about the goverment. I feel well and truely screwed over. I work for them as well. Thought that might give me some leaway. You know what they say about asumption.

Never heard of a second interview but then they do what they like.

Good luck and i wish you speedy success.

:)

Does anyone have the email address for Mr Gerard Stuart Grant? The manager who can over turn decisions. I have been sending the same email to the b embassy for the last 4 days, no joy. Not even an email saying stop sending that bloody email.

I have been sending it to '[email protected]' and '[email protected]' With the header saying can they forward this email on to Mr Gerard Stuart Grant. No reply as of yet.