Applying For Non-immigrant Visa-‘o’ (multiple) In Singapore

I have just recently returned from Singapore and successfully obtained a 1-Yr multiple entry Non-Imm "O" (Thai Spouse) visa. I am an Australian passport holder, age <40, Thai wife, and still had a valid Singapore Employment Pass.

On the basis of what other contributors had warned (including some advice from local Thai Visa agents), I ended up preparing a lot of documentation that in the end was totally unncessary such as personal history, letter from wife, wife's house registration, documents evidencing previous employment in Thailand, photos of residence in Thailand, marriage photos, etc. Some had also mentioned that Signapore does not issue multiple entry visas - wrong! (They even display a fee for a 3-year visa).

The friendly Malay-muslim office at the counter quickly looked through all the documentation and picked out only what she needed:

(1) Confirmation of ticket to Thailand.

(2) Marriage certificate in Thai and translation (both copies)

(3) Copy of wife's ID card.

(4) Completed form with 1 photo.

(5) Copy of my valid SG employment pass.

I also bought a recently updated Thai Bank Book showing funds well in excess of THB 1 million. She looked at this and made a note.

Spent at total of 15 mins at the embassy. I got my Visa, they got a $250 (which is higher than the fee for a PR application in Singapore - extortion!) That was basically it.

Something that was alarming was the rather racist manner in which non-Caucasian visa applicants were treated by the Thai-Chinese(?) officer that roamed around the queue. She yelled at them "WHAT DO YOU DO IN SINGAPORE?"; and "YOU HAVE TO GO BACK TO YOUR OWN COUNTRY TO GET A TOURIST VISA!" Amazing way to increase visitor numbers to Thailand!!