2009 Formula One Season

heartbroken for Rubens to lose with puncture

You can drive with a broken wing plate, but not a puncture... Maybe he should have just let Lewis Hamilton by and come over the line 4th, Lewis Hamilton had been trying to get by for laps + he has Kers + he was on the better tyres

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Class drive from Jenson to win the championship but heartbroken for Rubens to lose with puncture.

I am afraid that Rubens had lost before the race had even started. He had gambled on a light fuel load for pole and it was inevitable that in the abscence of rain Webber was going to jump him at the first fuel stop.

He then seemed to dice his way to the back of the grid, the puncture was just the final straw.

All in all I reckon it was the best race of the season, certainly not lacking in action. ( mind you Jarno needs to be told to pick on somebody his own size!!) :)

Why is it all the Tilke circuits with the superb facilities beloved of Bernie produce dull races, and the old circuits he would like to see the back of produce exciting races. Bernie obviously admire posh loos and press facilities over close racing!

But well done Jenson.

TBWG :D

Jenson, Buttons up the World Championship :)

Very catchy, missed the race though. :D .

Shame you missed it it had everything, punch up, japanese needle match, too much fuel in the pits not enough in the cars (Heidfeld) fire breathing and a great drives by the 2 brits!

Just read that Toyota boss confirmed they are after Kimi. Said they have made him a good offer and that they do not have any probs working with fun loving finns as they know them from the rally days :)

Let's see, they have history of paying load of money to get what they want but Kimi has said he's not interested if there is no car capable of winning races. I guess we will see how much money Toyota is ready to spend and if it is enough for Kimi to cash out and drive couple of seasons with them before retiring. I do hope he's keeping his cool and not going after the big buck...

Just read that Toyota boss confirmed they are after Kimi. Said they have made him a good offer and that they do not have any probs working with fun loving finns as they know them from the rally days :)

Let's see, they have history of paying load of money to get what they want but Kimi has said he's not interested if there is no car capable of winning races. I guess we will see how much money Toyota is ready to spend and if it is enough for Kimi to cash out and drive couple of seasons with them before retiring. I do hope he's keeping his cool and not going after the big buck...

Maybe he sank a few beers with his fun loving mates and needs the cash :D .

Seriousl though, anyone thats been racing as long as he has cannot be doing it just for the money and one can't really blame him for wanting a car with a chance of winning, does that mean he has no confidence in Ferrari for next year or even perhaps Maclaren ?, will be interesting to see who he eventually settles with :D .

Seriousl though, anyone thats been racing as long as he has cannot be doing it just for the money and one can't really blame him for wanting a car with a chance of winning, does that mean he has no confidence in Ferrari for next year or even perhaps Maclaren ?, will be interesting to see who he eventually settles with :D .

Two weeks ago he was spotted in a bar in Finland ordering 150 drinks at one go for his mates :)

But i hope it's not Toyota, they seem to be doing ok time to time but can't believe they can win races next season. But you never know...

Two weeks ago he was spotted in a bar in Finland ordering 150 drinks at one go for his mates :)

But i hope it's not Toyota, they seem to be doing ok time to time but can't believe they can win races next season. But you never know...

I bet there were blokes out there that was saying the same thing about Brawn at the start of the season and well done to them who would have thought it, so good luck to all teams and lets have some exciting racing.

I think his manager has kicked that rumour in the nuts.

Haven't seen anything else than John Howett saying Trulli's next year contract is on the table as he's asking things (not money) that are not negotiable. Also saw Trulli responding that he has promised Toyota he will wait until mid next month as they asked him to do but don't know anymore as it seems Howett wants him out.

Now this whole thing might just be nego tactics to pressure Trulli to sign cheap.

Horner in the other hand said that it is not possible that Kimi drives in Red Bull next season and again confirmed that their drivers are Vettel and Webber.

If you ask me Kimi has two options, McLaren and Brawn or then drive rally or do something else. I'm not that confident he will drive anything else unless it is one year deal and really good money and as last option if all rally and other deals are not happening.

Haven't seen anything else than John Howett saying Trulli's next year contract is on the table as he's asking things (not money) that are not negotiable. Also saw Trulli responding that he has promised Toyota he will wait until mid next month as they asked him to do but don't know anymore as it seems Howett wants him out.

Now this whole thing might just be nego tactics to pressure Trulli to sign cheap.

Horner in the other hand said that it is not possible that Kimi drives in Red Bull next season and again confirmed that their drivers are Vettel and Webber.

If you ask me Kimi has two options, McLaren and Brawn or then drive rally or do something else. I'm not that confident he will drive anything else unless it is one year deal and really good money and as last option if all rally and other deals are not happening.

I think he would settle for Brawn over Maclaren, Lewis may be a bit too much of a competitor for Kimi.

Things may settle down once the season has begun, but as things seem to stand at the moment, things look pretty open with it being anyone's guess who comes out on top.

This was what i posted at the very beginning of this thread and i have to say that i don't think there were many people talking about Button as a Championship contender. But amazingly he did it. Might not be the greatest ever driver, but he seems like a sound bloke with his feet on the ground so good luck to him.

The biggest achievement i guess you have to say lies not with the driver but with the team. For a new team to win in its first year is just incredible.

Problem now i guess is where do they go from here? Button is talking about staying with them and winning back to back titles. I guess this season has showed that anything is possible but personally i would be extremely surprised if come next season, the "big" teams haven't managed to cobble together something competitive and are back to the front of the grid.

What is confusing me is over at Planet F1, they are saying with the cars having a race length fuel load, it will be a level playing field. Surely it will be down to a car with the best fuel efficiency?

Edited by Mosha

I think he would settle for Brawn over Maclaren, Lewis may be a bit too much of a competitor for Kimi.

I think it's other way around, while Lewis has said he don't care who drives with him there has been reports that his father does mind and is opposing Kimi's move to the team. Most likely something to do with who get's paid and what and also is there clear no one driver next year or two with equal package what comes to updates on car etc.

Kimi obviously wants equal service and decent salary but will take Hamilton as team mate any day over slower car or team. McLaren has been at the top for years, no one can no for sure if Brawn can repeat this years success so i think McLaren is preferred option for him as Ron Dennis is gone.

Surely it will be down to a car with the best fuel efficiency?

That will obviously be a major factor.

Speaking of fuel, anybody know what happened with Kovi? For some reason the TV pictures didn't seem to catch his stop so i don't know whether it was a mistake by the lollipop man or by the driver. It also wasn't clear whether he had a stop-go penalty, as the cameras didn't show that either.

I think it's other way around, while Lewis has said he don't care who drives with him there has been reports that his father does mind and is opposing Kimi's move to the team.

Reports? Where can i read these reports? What is the source?

Surely it will be down to a car with the best fuel efficiency?

That will obviously be a major factor.

Speaking of fuel, anybody know what happened with Kovi? For some reason the TV pictures didn't seem to catch his stop so i don't know whether it was a mistake by the lollipop man or by the driver. It also wasn't clear whether he had a stop-go penalty, as the cameras didn't show that either.

From formula1.com

McLaren were fined $50,000 for the unsafe pit stop release, while their Finnish driver was given a drive-through penalty. As this was handed down after the race had finished, 25 seconds were instead added to his race time, dropping him from ninth to 12th in the final results.

As McLaren were fined and not Kovi I guess that it was not his fault. I've watched the video a few times but it's at the wrong angle to see what happened.

Edited by nidge

Reports? Where can i read these reports? What is the source?

Here's one, maybe google can translate for you :)

What it says is that Lewis denies that he's concerned of Kimi coming to his team mate as the spanish media had claimed. And it continues that people in the Interlagos pitlane are saying that his father is opposing the move and trying influence the decision.

Not i know you can dismiss this as not true as it is not from UK press but this outfit is the main TV channel in Finland and these guys have worked the F1 pits for over 20 years so they usually know what's going on quite well.

This one, is then direct quote from Italian media (La Stampa) saying it seems Hamilton is still not liking the idea that Kimi comes to McLaren and has been promoting Kovi to continue or to get his "only friend at F1, Adrian Sutil" for the seat. They continue saying that the salary question is also still open.

Propably you can find the same news also in english media if you look or then they keeping quiet about this for some reason :D

i know you can dismiss this as not true as it is not from UK press

Reports that come from the UK you dismiss as being biased towards Lewis. So by the same token, i take it you think that reports from the Finnish press are biased towards Kimi and Kovi.

Reports that come from the UK you dismiss as being biased towards Lewis. So by the same token, i take it you think that reports from the Finnish press are biased towards Kimi and Kovi.

I guess same goes for spanish and italian media as well :D

Well heres one in english that i believe also UK media has reported last month reporting the same. Hamilton not happy with driving with Kimi. At least this is fairly popular F1 site?

Link

Seriously, this is old news and reported in many place since the speculation started that Kimi will leave Ferrari. Surprised you haven't read it before.

As i said before i believe there is something behind this and not just rumours. Every driver want's to keep his position in the team top guy regardless of nationality. Sure Kimi would oppose if it was Lewis moving to Ferrari and certainly Alonso, backed by Santander had his opinions if it will be Kimi or Massa he's driving with next season. And he got what he wanted.

Did you know Hamilton is also scared being eaten by a shark and this is from pro Lewis source, as reliable they come :)

Yep, the lollipop guy pulled it up and off he went with the fueling rig. Also MW said it was the pit crew who send him out too early.

Its on You tube ~~ The McLaren Lollipop guy is watching the Ferrari rather than his own crew and is determined that Kovi is going to get in front of Kimi. Trouble is, as we all know he was trailling 3 metres of donkey cock a la Massa.

Mind you Brawn pit crew removed it sharpish saving the Macca guys a run the length of the pits. Great Stuff!

TBWG :)

Yeah i had a laugh when the Brawn boys were hanging out for a while and then probably thought "h@#ll with it" took it off and told him to bugger off from their pits :)

If they havent done it Kovi would have been standing there quite a while when waiting his own guys to arrive from the other end. Wonder if Ross Brawn is sending an invoice for it to MW. Hose removal $99.90, orders for two or more 15% discount applies and no surcharge for credit card payments...