19 Sebastien Bourdais French STR-Ferrari 2

20 Kazuki Nakajima Japanese Williams-Toyota 0

21 Nelsinho Piquet Brazilian Renault 0

22 Vitantonio Liuzzi Italian Force India-Mercedes 0

23 Romain Grosjean French Renault 0

24 Jaime Alguersuari Spanish STR-Ferrari 0

25 Luca Badoer Italian Ferrari 0

Hi F1 fans

This thread must be in it's death throes now, but before it's finally gone a couple of points.

I have just managed to get out of a 3 day self imposed stay in the toilet (suffering all sorts of indignities ) to watch Bernies latest extravaganza and I still feel like sh**e, excuse pun, maybe thats why I feel so bitter. But anyway 1.8 billion bucks to build a circuit and a hotel! IMHO a multi coloured hotel and an underground pit exit are not pre requisites for a good race circuit.

A sell out 50,000 seats at bargain basement prices what a roaring sucess, a wet weekend in Silverstone can bring in 250,000 spectators paying Bernies premium rates.

Why has he got it in for all the challenging circiuts with atmosphere, Silverstone, Spa, Brazil , Monza, Old a bit tatty and un glamourous but mainly they produce bloody good racing on demanding circuits and create there own atmosphere, ever been eating your pomme frittes and mayo at the top of Eau Rouge surrounded by noisy mulleted Germans supporting schumi or had a mass mooning from Ferrari fans when their team has let them down? Or had your hard earned grandstand seat at Monza swiped by a Monza Gorilla. That is atmosphere but I suspect too down market for Bernie. From what I could see of it the Yas circuit had about a much atmos as a wet weekend in Bridlington. (Sorry Bridlington).

I really do think the sooner he is gone the better, although it was good to see Ron Dennis back in the pits now that the vindictive spanker is on his bike!

Now for 5% off what was spent there (Whoops just had to rush off to the bog) now where was I. Oh yes Silverstone could work wonders with 5% of their budget and create a trully challenging circuit that the fans would flock to and therein lies the rub BE does not give a dam_n about the fans.

Just the thoughts of a bitter fan with a tender anus! :)

TBWG :D

Edited by TBWG

I've long felt that Bernie doesn't give a dam_n about the sport or the fans.

I have found this at the Bridgestone site

Bridgestone to Cease Tire Supply to the FIA Formula One World Championship

Tokyo (November 2, 2009) - Bridgestone Corporation (Bridgestone) today announced that it will not enter into a new tire supply contract with the FIA Formula One World Championship (F1) series; the current contract is set to expire at the end of the 2010 season.

In addressing the impact of the continuing evolution of the business environment on its decision, the company focused on the need to redirect its resources towards the further intensive development of those innovative technologies and strategic products which support the company’s goals and further enhance the company’s reputation as a technology leader.

Over the years, the company has benefited directly from its involvement in Formula One racing. The lessons learned through Bridgestone’s successful participation have translated into innovations that can be applied to the design and manufacture of tires. In addition, its collaboration with F1 has contributed to increased brand awareness and the recognition of Bridgestone as a leader in the global tire industry. Having achieved these goals, Bridgestone is now poised to take its technological and brand building efforts to the next level.

Bridgestone is committed to supporting F1 and the series’ teams through the completion of the 2010 season. The company also expressed its sincere appreciation and gratitude to the management of Formula One, the F1 teams and support staff, and the F1 fans around the world for their enthusiasm and support for Bridgestone over the last 13 years.

Williams has confirmed that Rubens Barrichello will join the team for the 2010 season alongside Nico Hulkenberg who is promoted from his role as test and reserve driver. The team has already confirmed a switch from Toyota to Cosworth engines for next year.

LINK

Same time Kimi has confirmed to the finnish media he has contract proposal from McLaren that he needs to read. Saying it is even more detailed and thicker pile of paper than Ferrari contracts.

So looks like Rosberg is gonna take Brawn seat and Kovalainen maybe for Toyota or somewhere else ?

Kovalainen also gave interview to the finns saying he could not get McLaren to work with his style (braking hard in the corners while turning). Hamilton's style is more to break hard first and then turn. Anyways he admitted that due to the issues with the car set-up he lost confidence to the car totally already early at the season thus his season was a struggle to get it set up proper and it never worked out.

I've long felt that Bernie doesn't give a dam_n about the sport or the fans.

I have found this at the Bridgestone site

Bridgestone to Cease Tire Supply to the FIA Formula One World Championship

Tokyo (November 2, 2009) - Bridgestone Corporation (Bridgestone) today announced that it will not enter into a new tire supply contract with the FIA Formula One World Championship (F1) series; the current contract is set to expire at the end of the 2010 season.

In addressing the impact of the continuing evolution of the business environment on its decision, the company focused on the need to redirect its resources towards the further intensive development of those innovative technologies and strategic products which support the company’s goals and further enhance the company’s reputation as a technology leader.

Over the years, the company has benefited directly from its involvement in Formula One racing. The lessons learned through Bridgestone’s successful participation have translated into innovations that can be applied to the design and manufacture of tires. In addition, its collaboration with F1 has contributed to increased brand awareness and the recognition of Bridgestone as a leader in the global tire industry. Having achieved these goals, Bridgestone is now poised to take its technological and brand building efforts to the next level.

Bridgestone is committed to supporting F1 and the series’ teams through the completion of the 2010 season. The company also expressed its sincere appreciation and gratitude to the management of Formula One, the F1 teams and support staff, and the F1 fans around the world for their enthusiasm and support for Bridgestone over the last 13 years.

Hi

I assume that Bridgestone pay all their own costs, but not sure if they charge teams for tyres? Anyway with the FIA's constant tinkering with the rules and regular rule changes it is obviously an expensive business they feel they can no longer afford to meet or need to meet after all they are only racing themselves!

The Michelin - Mosley fiasco at Indy a few years back is hardly likely to entice them back in especially with the recession, not sure about Firestone, Goodyear I get the impression they are no longer the dominant forces they once were and again the recession has hit the US worst. As for the rest Pirelli, Avon & Dunlop just not in the right league.

So it would seem that Bernie and FIA have suceeded in pricing and regulating us into a 2011 situation where we have the most teams on the grid for a long while all needing to rely on retreads!

TBWG :)

I looked around but could not find attendance figures for the races this past season. Anyone know them?

The only ones I can remember, last weekend 50,000.......... Singapore 30,000.......... Turkey believe 26,000........... Japan think was 110,000

Edited by ignis

Surprised that Kimi didn't see that one coming and sign a 3 year 150M contract. Would have been paid the next 3 seasons without the need to drive :)

It's a shame as they did quite well in last races. But i guess the decision had been made already some time ago.

Sky Sports is reporting Toyota are ready to call it a day.

Toyota has announced it is withdrawing from Formula 1 with immediate effect, becoming the third carmaker to quit the sport in less than 12 months.

Following months of rumours about the Japanese manufacturer’s future, the F1 team’s parent company the Toyota Motor Corporation revealed following a board meeting on Wednesday that it had taken the decision to pull out of the sport following eight seasons without a win.

In its statement announcing the move, Toyota said that while it had remained determined to compete in F1 in the face of the worldwide recession that started towards the end of last year, it had now revised its position with the F1 spend not fitting into its mid-term business plans.

“Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) announces it plans to withdraw from the FIA Formula One World Championship (F1) at the end of the 2009 season,” the Toyota statement said.

No surprise there really........ So this will open the door for the new owners of BMW F1

Just saw advertisement in ESPN and indeed they are showing classic F1 races !

Looks like a race per week but time was not that convenient at 12:00 midnight on monday. I guess it was HK time but have to check from their web page.

Sorry, it was on Star Sports.

I check the espnstar dot com listings and selected country as singapore as the "thai" times are usually wrong or show singapore times as well.

Now for some reason i can not get any listings for thailand and star sports but see it in singapore star sport schedule.

Right....

Truevisions schedule shows on Star Sports

Monday 9th November 1993 European GP at 23:00 and Saturday 14th November 1994 British GP at 18:25

In espnstar they do not have anything on saturday 14th but have 1994 Australian GP on mon 16th.

I think the Star Sport in Thailand is the same as in Singapore and elsewhere in the region ? Anyways if you watch ESPN or Star Sports you will see the adds for sure.

Midnight races, oh well Mosha waits for the repeats of repeats :)

Back home mondays were best for partying as it was the "pro night" featuring all the ladies working in the bars and clubs having fun after finishing hard weekend shifts :D

I'd scrap Monaco to. It's the most boring of the races, and the only one I don't care if I miss the race.

Wow! No sentimentality from you i see!

For me, of all the street circuits, Monaco is the best because the tight, built-up nature of the surroundings makes it a spectacle, even when the racing isn't. I like the history of the place too. If it went i think i'd be forever be looking back at the videos thinking how crazy it all was and wishing i could go back in time to experience it once again.

It's unique, not just in terms of F1, but in terms of motorsport as a whole. Nowhere else in the world do people go racing at that speed in tiny little back sois.

Where's your romance Mosha - or does the missus demand all of that from you? :D

P.S. Any news David on your daughter's condition?

rixalex. After seven days in the I.C.U. then a further eight days in her own room she has now thank god been discharged and appears to be making a full recovery, I would like to thank you and the other posters for your concerns and wishes.

I am on my way to London now after the delay and hope to be fully participating in the discussions in a couple of weeks, once again thanks to everyone.

David. :)

rixalex. After seven days in the I.C.U. then a further eight days in her own room she has now thank god been discharged and appears to be making a full recovery, I would like to thank you and the other posters for your concerns and wishes.

I am on my way to London now after the delay and hope to be fully participating in the discussions in a couple of weeks, once again thanks to everyone.

Good to hear from you, and great to hear the news about your daughter. Hope her recovery continues.

Have a safe journey too.

Something like this kind of puts everything into perspective doesn't it mate.

Good to hear from you, and great to hear the news about your daughter. Hope her recovery continues.

Have a safe journey too.

Something like this kind of puts everything into perspective doesn't it mate.

Hi Wackysleet

Not sure about your daughters condition but fingers crossed for a swift complete recovery!

Well I see F1 seems to be imploding on all fronts and what does the poison dwarf do? After bending over backwards to accomodate Donnington stretching gawd knows how many deadlines to the enth degree and giving them the benefit of all doubts he finally pulls the plug and gives Silverstone a 48 hour take it or leave it option!

Ah the power of compromise and negotiation. Personally I hope Silverstone remain resolute and walkaway from any one sided crap deal!

After all BE's hand is getting weaker by the day.. anyway who wants to see a 2011 grid of cars with no tyres :)

Great news, i'm sure we can keep this thread going for few more weeks before starting 2010 one.

I thought that I had posted already about street circuits but must have had one of those dementia moments,

Monaco must stay on the calender if for no other reason than the glamour and atmosphere associated with the place, it's like no other circuit, it has something, you really need to be there as the tension is electric.

Other street circuits come nowhere near Monaco for just those reasons and have never lived expectations, they are boring places with, in my opinion boring races, quality is what counts not quantity and we are running short on that.

I see that Renault are considering pulling out or at the very least amending their participation in F1 for 2010, guess we will have to wait and see.

Any of you guys get to see the 94 British GP they showed last night? What did you think?

For me i was a little disappointed it was extended highlights rather than the race in full.

I also found it a little distracting because the commentary was obviously recently recorded, and they were trying to act as if they were there live. Think it would have been better to have commentated without the acting, and to have spoken about the race from today's perspective.

As for the race itself, it did bring back some old memories. I know that for me at the time, i really had no appetite for F1 after the death of Senna. I felt following the two deaths at that ill-fated race, they should have aborted the season. That's how i felt then. Looking back now, it probably was the right thing to continue. The show must go on and all that.

Anyway, back to the British GP, Schumi seemed to have lost the plot in that race. Whatever was he thinking to be messing about over-taking on the warm-up lap and then ignoring the black flag?