Taking A Young Child On A Long Flight?

TonySoprano

my wife is pregnant. i have a very important place to be when the child will be 3 months old. do you think that is too young to take him overseas to USA? it will be a long flight obviously. what is it like taking a young child on a flight? where will he sleep? my wife mentioned something to me about a hammock, but i cannot picture what she is talking about.

From my experience if the child has all neccessary immunization shots and is otherwise Healthy there should be no problem, but to be 100 per cent sure I would check with the Airline, two or three Airline just for a second opinion. Good luck enjoy your trip.

Edited by BigSnake

book a bassinet, call the airline when you book the tickets & ensure they book you a bassinet for the whole trip. My son slept for nearly all the 14r flight from Uk to Thailand in one & only woke for nappy changes & feeds. He was the same age as your child will be too. Was totally easy.

Cathay gave us a baby seatbelt for our 6 month old, for takeoff and landing, it attached to mine, kinda cute. baby slept most of the way to the states. it might have something to do with the cabin being pressurized to 8,000 ft.

our only concern had to do with the pressure affecting her ears. i think we gave her a bottle during takeoff and landing so that, by swallowing, she equalized the pressure and her ears didn't hurt.

Cathay gave us a baby seatbelt for our 6 month old, for takeoff and landing, it attached to mine, kinda cute. baby slept most of the way to the states. it might have something to do with the cabin being pressurized to 8,000 ft.

our only concern had to do with the pressure affecting her ears. i think we gave her a bottle during takeoff and landing so that, by swallowing, she equalized the pressure and her ears didn't hurt.

One of my staff had his baby born in Nagasaki, 960km from Tokyo.

Their doctor said, the baby's ear drums would not be well developed at that age and they shoud travel by plane, rather than by the bullet train (Shinkansen).

So many tunnels and the pressure change that hits even adults was more of an incovenience.