Baht Value

Can anyone explain to me how the Baht does not seem to fluxuate much, or drop in value, as you would think it would with the recent turmoil.

In other countries a small incident seems to cause fluxtuations but here I watch the Thai Baht appear to sit sationary whilst other currencies move up and down!!

Can anyone enlighten me as to why??

Can anyone explain to me how the Baht does not seem to fluxuate much, or drop in value, as you would think it would with the recent turmoil.

In other countries a small incident seems to cause fluxtuations but here I watch the Thai Baht appear to sit sationary whilst other currencies move up and down!!

A symposium was held here recently concerning this very matter. Read what the experts have to say:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Long-Baht-Pl...ts-t225703.html

Sorry, but you're really not making sense.

Example...

If the British pound falls 5% against the Baht, The Baht increases against the pound and Vice versa.

You probably meant that the Baht does not fluctuate much against the US$

If the Baht/$ is steady and the Euro gains 10% on the $, then the Euro will also gain 10% on the Baht

A symposium was held here recently concerning this very matter. Read what the experts have to say:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Long-Baht-Pl...ts-t225703.html

OK Thanks

The Bank of Thailand's policy is one of stabilty and is continually working to achieve that. I keep reading about the US$ and THB being pegged, which is a myth, but BOT's policy is achieving a similar end. The GBP (£ sterling) has slumped in a big way and there's a lot of wishful thinking around that the baht should follow, but there is no reason for it to.

Quote! You probably meant that the Baht does not fluctuate much against the US$

Yes actually that is what I was refering to!

what ?

THB is rising like crazy against the USD, the USD is totally collapsing against the THB , almost 3% down is just 48 hours. What do you want more ? Do you call it stability ?

THB is rising against all currencies right now, just today amazing revaluation of the THB against all world currencies, euro was trounced by 30 cents and dollar by 16 cents.

(see SCB rates).That s absolutely nonsense, it is just a willing by Thai Govt. to humliate all other currencies and whow the Thailand "superiority".

THB is by far the most overrvalued currency in the world, its value is a total artificial value set by few ones in Thailand and that is ruining the economy even more...but after Songkraan you will see how over a million will be jobless and a total disaster , that s consecuence of the continuing rising of THB.

Hmmm July 2008, the thai baht was 30 to the aussie dollar, in December it had change 33%, down to 20 baht per dollar. Today the exchange rate is 20% better than december to 25 to the dollar. This is mainly due to the flucuating aussie dollars but also to movements in the value of the Thai baht and the chage from high season to low season.

Edited by waza