Thailand Troops Enter Cambodia

Pierrot

That little <deleted> Hun Sen shamelessly treats disputed territory as Cambodian. It isn't. Thai soldiers have as much rights to enter there as Cambodians, and when they do enter, they don't cross Cambodian border, as Hun Sen claims.

>>>

Someone said earlier: "It's just a temple".

No, it isn't. Hund Sen wants ALL of it - all disputed border areas, several hundred square kilometers, I guess, as his own. The area around the temple is just a start.

>>>

Next there will be accusations that the mine that blew Thai soldier's lef off was freshly planted. Not a neighbourly allegation, but I wouldn't put it past Hun Sen.

5 Square Km turns into 'Several hundred' for a 'Thaiwise' to make his point and already hypothotising , do not underestimate Hun Sen or his millions of friendly Asian neighbours . :o

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MODS:

Could we please move this News Clippings Forum to replace:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thailand-Tro...ia-t252582.html

or merge

or close down one or the other?

It is a well known fact that Mods & Admin can't read black text, so the red text I understand.

But in my opinion not all newsworthy threads should be in 'Thailand News' as some of us can't be arsed to read 20 one line responses of little substance to every single worthwhile post in that particular forum, and then I remembered I was in General :o

Anyway, why the red text?

Moss

Thailand fully acknowledges the court decision.

This is a different case, with reference to an area not ruled upon by the UN court. There are a couple of long threads discussing the details with reference to similar flareups in July and October last year.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Cambodia-Thr...-2-t217504.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thai-Troops-...l=cartographers

Thailand does not acknowledge the court decision, and that is the whole problem.

That is exactly why they stationed troops around Preah Vihear and denied Cambodians access in the first place.

Then the conflict has spread further North to other disputed areas.

Thailand has been stirring this up for months. PAD were protesting at Preah Vihear and putting pressure on the Thai Government to refuse to acknowledge the UN World Heritage listing.

These clashes started off near Preah Vihear earlier today and that area was most certainly ruled on by the ICJ.

If you are going to quote link to direct sources, not other ThaiVisa threads.

Every single controntation in 2008 and now 2009 has been over territory not ruled on by the ICJ. Your notion that the Thai govt has not accepted the verdict is nonsense but if you have evidence, the burden of proof is yours. The ThaiVisa threads contain copious links to independent news analyses, all of which demonstrate that the Thais are fully acquiescent to the 1962 ICJ ruling (even if they are not happy with it, since the ruling was based on French maps made in violation of a Franco-Siamese treaty).

Or simply read the BBC link in the OP for this thread, which contains the accurate description of the situation:

An international court awarded Preah Vihear temple to Cambodia in 1962, but a 5-sq-km (1.9-sq-mile) patch of land surrounding it remains the subject of rival territorial claims.

Does anyone else find it ironic that a dispute over claims of ownership of a BUDDHIST temple has the armies of both countries ready to start shelling each other? :o

There is no dispute over the temple. The dispute is over an adjacent piece of territory that both countries claim.

The thread in General Topics entitled 'Gunfire On The Border, Here we go again' has been merged with this one.

Blody Frog Farangs. Now we have to start shooting at each other

All because of the Farangs can't do anything right.

Lets just make it more difficult for them. Charge more for Visa's

Make them hand over Cash on arrivial to pay for the confllct

It's all their fault. Pay Back Time. Knowing Thailand I think it could happen it's daft enough

Charge the Frogs triple and leave the rest of us out of it :o

That little <deleted> Hun Sen

Hun Sen kicked the Khmer Rouge out of Cambodia. Unless you support the Khmer Rouge, pls show more respect to the man.

Respect?

According to Thai FM Kasit, Hun Sen is a "GANGSTER".

This is true. I did not make it up.

Hun Sen was so upset, he replied: "What if I swear at your King & Queens".

Hun Sen kicked the Khmer Rouge out of Cambodia. Unless you support the Khmer Rouge, pls show more respect to the man.

Not sure if your being ironic or if it's that pipe your smoking. I think most people are aware of Hun Sens Khmer Rouge credentials (I was young, I was only obeying orders) His flipping over to Vietnamese support and the new civilised ex-Khmer gauleiters who now carry out his orders. Kicking the Khmer Rouge out of Cambodia is like saying Martin Bormann kicked the Nazis out of Germany. No one was kicked out of Cambodia, they burnt their membership cards and entered the UN initiated "democratic order" as "people of influence".

As late as 2000 I saw truckloads of "militia" with AK47's and red scarves in the back roads around Siem Riep. As they say in the current movie trailer

"new body, original parts"

Khun Hun Sen comes from election! So much different from Abhisit who needs help to dissolve the competitor twice and ban politicians 5 years, comes in after Army's help. Still have face to attend the G20. What a shame!

Every single controntation in 2008 and now 2009 has been over territory not ruled on by the ICJ. Your notion that the Thai govt has not accepted the verdict is nonsense but if you have evidence, the burden of proof is yours. The ThaiVisa threads contain copious links to independent news analyses, all of which demonstrate that the Thais are fully acquiescent to the 1962 ICJ ruling (even if they are not happy with it, since the ruling was based on French maps made in violation of a Franco-Siamese treaty).

Shouldn't the question be about fanning ethnic hatreds and Nationalistic button-pushing on both sides of the fence. To say it's about territorial claims in this critical era of Thai history is a little disingenous methinks and I'd like to see a little more analysis on the reasons for the resurgence of a 100 year old territorial dispute since the 2006 coup. Not least, Thaksins business interests in Cambodia and the Thai militaries concerns with budget and political influence. Both sides are fanning the flames to suit their own agendas IMO and I'd like to see more perceptive analysis of this. (or maybe I'm in the wrong forum :o )

Khun Hun Sen comes from election! So much different from Abhisit who needs help to dissolve the competitor twice and ban politicians 5 years, comes in after Army's help. Still have face to attend the G20. What a shame!

Abhisit was installed by a democratically elected parliament in the same way Samak was.

As for Hun Sen:

Prime Minister Hun Sen's party won a landslide victory in Cambodia's first local elections, according to unofficial results today. An American monitoring group said the polls, while run competently, were neither free nor fair.

Source: NY Times Tuesday, February 5, 2002

No wonder he and Thaksin got along well :o

Respect?

According to Thai FM Kasit, Hun Sen is a "GANGSTER".

This is true. I did not make it up.

Hun Sen was so upset, he replied: "What if I swear at your King & Queens".

And Abhisit brought that Kasit to be FM!

Abhisit was installed by a democratically elected parliament in the same way Samak was.

The priority to set up government must be with the party having most voices. PPP had more than 180 and Democrat has 165!

Khun Samak is in the biggest party. When people in parliament voted for Khun Samak, no Army helped Khun Samak to get supports from small parties.

The priority to set up government must be with the party having most voices. PPP had more than 180 and Democrat has 165!

Khun Samak is in the biggest party. When people in parliament voted for Khun Samak, no Army helped Khun Samak to get supports from small parties.

You may want to run off to Israel and the Ukraine and tell em their governments arent legit then :o The bioggest party didnt even have first go at it in either case.

Are you joined at the hip to the PPP or are you really the new Mrs Thaksin.

The PM now must be Khun Thaksin as his 4 years is not over yet. He did not lose an election. He was down by a coup. After the coup, Army made new Constitution Law and find faults to dissolve Thai Rak Thai Party and to ban 111 politicians. 1 person is wrong and the whole set is gone. In Thailand only.

Retroactive law. Is there anywhere in the world you can make new law and judge things in the past and say a coup is ok? After I rob you, shall I issue new law to say robbing is acceptable?

PPP still won election and Khun Samak became PM. Down after his cooking shows.

PPP dissolved. 37 politicians banned.

Then the voting for Abhisit.

If there had not been a coup in 2549, next life late in the evening, Abhisit still cannot become PM.

5 Square Km turns into 'Several hundred' for a 'Thaiwise' to make his point and already hypothotising , do not underestimate Hun Sen or his millions of friendly Asian neighbours . :D

English please. :o

With all of the poor English that is written on TV , why have you picked on this one ? What comma were you most concerned about ?

Thaksin is in Cambodia, says Democrat spokesman

By THE NATION ON SUNDAY

Published on April 5, 2009

Democrat Party spokesman Theptai Senapong said yesterday he believed ousted former premier Thaksin Shinawatra was hiding in Cambodia.He urged the Cambodian government to reveal his whereabouts and to clearly state what it would do if Thaksin were found there.

Theptai, who is also Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva's personal spokesman, quoted "reliable sources" as saying that Thaksin was believed to be living near Cambodian Premier Hun Sen's house and that the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh was trying to verify that report.

He said the government was ready for an extradition request and that the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh was making an approach on the matter.

Theptai said the Lao government had stated that it would extradite Thaksin if he was found in the country and would not allow him to use it as a political tool.

Theptai denied that Cambodia's failure to make a statement on the matter might be related to a recent verbal slip by Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya allegedly calling Hun Sen, "a gangster". He said that matter was over. Government spokesman Panitan Watanayagorn yesterday declined to confirm Theptai's claim, saying that authorities were trying to verify the report. He added that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs would hold a press conference in a few days on the matter.

Here we go with the red button pushing again! :o

lhcgame.jpg