10,000 Police, Soldiers, Security Officials Deployed To Keep Security At Government House

george

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyone can play along, too.

Only now we begin moving into the realms of the inane and infantile.

Keep on playing alone.

Sorry if you're offended by pointing out your idle speculation for what it was and providing another example of equally viable idle speculation to highlight the futility of it.

Edited by sriracha john

Its a bunch of people wearing red Koo, so what?

Do you want me to find and publish a bunch of people wearing Yellow, Blue, green, orange? What is your point?

The reds attacked a 40-something year old lady cos she was wearing a yellow shirt - looks liek the reds are beginning to show their true colours after all... seems like their Halo's have slipped :o

Just a bunch of thugs, dressed in red... it wouldn't surprise me if half of them were in the same location wearing yellow last year...

Its a bunch of people wearing red Koo, so what?

Do you want me to find and publish a bunch of people wearing Yellow, Blue, green, orange? What is your point?

The reds attacked a 40-something year old lady cos she was wearing a yellow shirt - looks liek the reds are beginning to show their true colours after all... seems like their Halo's have slipped :o

Just a bunch of thugs, dressed in red... it wouldn't surprise me if half of them were in the same location wearing yellow last year...

When you realize that Thailand is in a state of "cold" civil war, then you will see how misplaced this comment is. The dimensions of this conflict simply are that colors of shirts do represent diametrically opposing political philosophies at battle in Thailand, and not just "Thugs beating people for the color of their shirts".

Everyone can play along, too.

Only now we begin moving into the realms of the inane and infantile.

Keep on playing alone.

Sorry if you're offended by pointing out your idle speculation for what it was and providing another example of equally viable idle speculation to highlight the futility of it.

Both of you shame yourself with this extended and useless exchange.If you can't behave like adults why don't pm each other to continue your bitch fight in private and spare us the juvenilia.It detracts from a quite interesting thread.

Still reports that the police may be about to move

Red Shirts Threaten to Paralyze Traffic If Authorities Disperse Rally

Red-shirt protesters have threatened to cause chaos by parking taxis in the middle of streets to paralyze traffic in the capital if authorities attempt to disperse their demonstration.

The Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship protesters have surrounded Government House, and group leaders have decided to block Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsubhan, as well as the government house officials, from entering the compound.

The group is demanding that the Democrat-led government step down and call fresh elections. It has also threatened to ask red-shirt taxi drivers to paralyze Bangkok traffic by parking their taxis on streets all over the city if authorities try to break up their protest.

Red-shirt leaders have also urged the many supporters who cannot join the protests in Bangkok to gather at their respective provincial government offices and to join the large demonstration in the capital later. They also have urged supporters to have water and a cloth on hand in case authorities fire tear gas.

- TOC / 2009-03-30

It all seems to be getting a bit too much for Foreign minister Kasit , who even whilst in the govt. seems to be reverting back to the good old days on the stage at at Swampy

Manager

Partial translation at Bangkok Pundit

Please don't shoot the translator. I followed that link to manager.com and found this message interesting:

แต่ผมขอเปิดใจว่า วันนี้เป็นการต่อสู้ของ 2 อุดมการณ์ คือ เราต้องการมีประชาธิปไตย มีสถาบันพระมหากษัตริย์ มีรัฐธรรมนูญ แต่อีกฟากไม่ต้องการมีสิ่งเหล่านี้ ดังนั้น เราต้องถามตัวเอง ว่า เราต้องการให้มีสิ่งเหล่านี้หรือไม่ มันถึงเวลาที่เราต้องออกมาแล้ว เพราะวันนี้มันเป็นเรื่องความอยู่รอดของสิ่งที่เราอยู่กันมานายหลายร้อยปี เราต้องสู้แล้ว เพราะเรื่องนี้ไม่ใช่แค่เรื่องการชิงอำนาจทางการเมือง วันนี้ต้องบอกว่า เป็นเรื่องที่อันตรายอย่างใหญ่หลวงที่มีกลุ่มบุคคลที่พยายามดำเนินการบางอย่าง ก็ขอฝากประธานสาขาพรรคประชาธิปัตย์ในที่นี้ด้วยให้ช่วยกัน แต่วันนี้ผมพร้อมจะลุยเองในเรื่องนี้”

Kasit: "This is a fight between 2 groups of thinkings. We (I suppose PAD) want Democracy and Monachy. But the other group don't want these (I suppose he mean Democracy and Monachy). We have to ask ourselves if we want this or not (I suppose he mean Democracy and Monachy). It is time that we should step out. Becasue it is the survival of these (Democracy and Monachy) which we have lived with for many centuries. This is not a fight for political power. We are in great danger before the other group (I suppose UDD) is trying to do something (stop short of saying what?). I pass this matter the Democrate party chairman now, but I am ready to flight on this matter now.

Source of translation please. If not an official Manager site translation then you need to make that clear-

Nuttawut brought these on the stage on 27th March. Red guards saw a man not wearing red with a heavy bag go inside the protest area.

They stopped the guy. The guy said he is a sodier and brought these to his boss. They asked his boss's name. He said he doesn't know the name. He then phoned the boss. Boss said no need to bring these to boss.

My comment: he doesn't know the boss's name but he knows the boss's number :o

P1020980.jpg

P1020979.jpg

Color prejudice

DONT BECOME a FASHION VICTIM

I am unable to post news clippings to young but wish to report this v sad story from the NTAION

Whatever ones politics bashing an old masseuese should be restricted to consenting adults inprivate like MR Jacqui Smith !

Warn your Thai wife that poor choice of attire can be dangerous .Im weraing grey until it all comes to peace

Nation today

"A woman wearing yellow t-shirt was slapped and kicked by many red-shirted protesters outside the Government House Monday morning.

The woman was identified at Benjawan Butwong 47 from Udon Thani.

She was attacked while walking across the Orathai Bridge to the Government House at 9:30 am.

She was eventually rescued by police.

She said she worked as a masseuse at the Paton Beach in Phuket and she heard that many friends from Udon Thani joined the rally so she would like to visit them. She said she did not have any special intention when wearing the yellow shirt and thought the color did not matter.

Benjawan filed a complaint against her attackers at the Nanloeng police station.

Color prejudice

DONT BECOME a FASHION VICTIM

I am unable to post news clippings to young but wish to report this v sad story from the NTAION

Whatever ones politics bashing an old masseuese should be restricted to consenting adults inprivate like MR Jacqui Smith !

Warn your Thai wife that poor choice of attire can be dangerous .Im weraing grey until it all comes to peace

Nation today

"A woman wearing yellow t-shirt was slapped and kicked by many red-shirted protesters outside the Government House Monday morning.

The woman was identified at Benjawan Butwong 47 from Udon Thani.

She was attacked while walking across the Orathai Bridge to the Government House at 9:30 am.

She was eventually rescued by police.

She said she worked as a masseuse at the Paton Beach in Phuket and she heard that many friends from Udon Thani joined the rally so she would like to visit them. She said she did not have any special intention when wearing the yellow shirt and thought the color did not matter.

Benjawan filed a complaint against her attackers at the Nanloeng police station.

On mondays most Thais wear yellow. I see here 4 of my staff wearing yellow. the other staff are not here so I can't say what they are wearing.

It all seems to be getting a bit too much for Foreign minister Kasit , who even whilst in the govt. seems to be reverting back to the good old days on the stage at at Swampy

Manager

Please don't shoot the translator. I followed that link to manager.com and found this message interesting:

แต่ผมขอเปิดใจว่า วันนี้เป็นการต่อสู้ของ 2 อุดมการณ์ คือ เราต้องการมีประชาธิปไตย มีสถาบันพระมหากษัตริย์ มีรัฐธรรมนูญ แต่อีกฟากไม่ต้องการมีสิ่งเหล่านี้ ดังนั้น เราต้องถามตัวเอง ว่า เราต้องการให้มีสิ่งเหล่านี้หรือไม่ มันถึงเวลาที่เราต้องออกมาแล้ว เพราะวันนี้มันเป็นเรื่องความอยู่รอดของสิ่งที่เราอยู่กันมานายหลายร้อยปี เราต้องสู้แล้ว เพราะเรื่องนี้ไม่ใช่แค่เรื่องการชิงอำนาจทางการเมือง วันนี้ต้องบอกว่า เป็นเรื่องที่อันตรายอย่างใหญ่หลวงที่มีกลุ่มบุคคลที่พยายามดำเนินการบางอย่าง ก็ขอฝากประธานสาขาพรรคประชาธิปัตย์ในที่นี้ด้วยให้ช่วยกัน แต่วันนี้ผมพร้อมจะลุยเองในเรื่องนี้”

Kasit: "This is a fight between 2 groups of thinkings. We (I suppose PAD) want Democracy and Monachy. But the other group don't want these (I suppose he mean Democracy and Monachy). We have to ask ourselves if we want this or not (I suppose he mean Democracy and Monachy). It is time that we should step out. Becasue it is the survival of these (Democracy and Monachy) which we have lived with for many centuries. This is not a fight for political power. We are in great danger before the other group (I suppose UDD) is trying to do something (stop short of saying what?). I pass this matter the Democrate party chairman now, but I am ready to flight on this matter now.

Source of translation please. If not an official Manager site translation then you need to make that clear-

The translation is correct apart from at the beginning he says "I ask for your permission to speak from my heart (talk straight).

and "for many centuries. We have to fight. This is not a fight for political power."

My corrections in red.

I very much try not to discuss this. But since it is posted here, let me have my say.

The yellows have repeatedly say that we, the reds, are fighting for Khun Thaksin to replace someone. This is the ugliest thing one can think of to knock the competitor. General Manager is employed to run company and can never replace company owner or president.

We fight with Prem down. Above that, we respect with our heart. Every Thai knows very well since we were born that it is like we must see the sun during day time in Thailand.

Still reports that the police may be about to move

Red Shirts Threaten to Paralyze Traffic If Authorities Disperse Rally

Red-shirt protesters have threatened to cause chaos by parking taxis in the middle of streets to paralyze traffic in the capital if authorities attempt to disperse their demonstration.

The Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship protesters have surrounded Government House, and group leaders have decided to block Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsubhan, as well as the government house officials, from entering the compound.

The group is demanding that the Democrat-led government step down and call fresh elections. It has also threatened to ask red-shirt taxi drivers to paralyze Bangkok traffic by parking their taxis on streets all over the city if authorities try to break up their protest.

Red-shirt leaders have also urged the many supporters who cannot join the protests in Bangkok to gather at their respective provincial government offices and to join the large demonstration in the capital later. They also have urged supporters to have water and a cloth on hand in case authorities fire tear gas.

- TOC / 2009-03-30

Police ask UDD to leave

The Metropolitan Police Bureau asked United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) protesters to stop blockading Government House on Monday, or police would take control of the situation.

The police made an announcement through a loud speaker system, asking for cooperation from the red-shirt protesters and that they leave the area around Government House.

If they did not, authorities woud use gentle to severe measures to disperse them.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/13...sk-udd-to-leave

Manager

The translation is correct apart from at the beginning he says "I ask for your permission to speak from my heart (talk straight).

and "for many centuries. We have to fight. This is not a fight for political power."

My corrections in red.

The source of the translation is the blog, B Pundit.

Can we have please have some sort of more official translation without any editorializing whatsoever prior to its acceptance for posting?

This is how I translate:

Let me say from my heart that today is the fight between 2 politic standing points (concepts). We need democracy with Monarchy but the other group does not need this. So we need to ask ourselves if this is acceptable. It is time we must go out. Because it is how we have lived and survived for hundreds of years. We must fight because this is not the fight for political positions. Today I must say that this is the big danger when a group of people is trying to do something.

This is how I translate:

Let me say from my heart that today is the fight between 2 politic standing points (concepts). We need democracy with Monarchy but the other group does not need this. So we need to ask ourselves if this is acceptable. It is time we must go out. Because it is how we have lived and survived for hundreds of years. We must fight because this is not the fight for political positions. Today I must say that this is the big danger when a group of people is trying to do something.

As said, is it possible to get a more official translation prior to acceptance for posting?

There are any number of trusted Thai translators available on the Forum.

(Source: DTV)

The camera scanning the Government House grounds on the lookout for the crackdown

It is also difficult, from the DTV camera work, to determine how many protesters there really are around the main stage... perhaps a few hundred or a thousand?

- 2Bangkok

Don't you know that the reds are not inside GH? The photo is what inside the fence.

They stay around GH and block every gate.

(Source: DTV)

The camera scanning the Government House grounds on the lookout for the crackdown

It is also difficult, from the DTV camera work, to determine how many protesters there really are around the main stage... perhaps a few hundred or a thousand?

- 2Bangkok

Don't you know that the reds are not inside GH? The photo is what inside the fence.

They stay around GH and block every gate.

I'm not 2Bangkok but yes, I realize what you say.

I'd imagine 2Bangkok realizes what you are saying, too. He was showing an angle from DTV that is scanning the inside of GH for signs of any impending crackdown.

It's why he used the word "also" to reflect the other views (but not used) available on DTV show a few hundred or a thousand at the main stage outside of GH.

Edited by sriracha john

I just took a photo from Dtv. This is at the main stage. Another group stay in front of the back door, not letting Abhisit and Suthep go inside.

P1040017.jpg

I can understand 2Bangkok's point. The DTV camera angle does make it difficult. If they pulled away for a wider angle (like they do in the previous shot of inside GH), the numbers would be more accurately reflected.

Camera views that are that close are deceptive in that while it may look like a lot, actually a few hundred or a thousand is all it takes to get that impression.

Edited by sriracha john