Pattaya Ice Cream Festival.

buddy

They had 95% fat free ice cream long before Olestra was invented.

Yes there have been artificial fat substitute additives for food for some time. However, a new class of them were invented about 15 years ago or so (of which Olestra is one brand) which had the claim to fame of having better "mouth feel" and taste than older fat substitutes. I distinctly remember that one side-effect mention of the new class of aditives was constipation.

And I wouldn't put too much faith in the Thai FDA if I were you. Do you recall just recently that high levels of industrial melamine was found in Thailand's milk supply and milk containing products (like candies and cookies); and don't forget the recent case the adulterated school-milk supplies, and rotton tinned-fish supplied to flood victims down South!

Edited by MeetJohnDoe

Ice cream buffet, 150 Baht all you can eat, Only one day to go................. :o

My GF and I went Saturday evening and couldn't find ANYTHING regarding 150B for all you can eat. I was just a bunch of booths set up charging their normal prices.

Ice cream buffet, 150 Baht all you can eat, Only one day to go................. :D

My GF and I went Saturday evening and couldn't find ANYTHING regarding 150B for all you can eat. I was just a bunch of booths set up charging their normal prices.

OK Buddy, :o:D what's up with this? Over to you.

They are running it and correct there is no info about it except in Thai or anyone obviously available to explain and promote it in English. Bizarre, huh? The buffet is a TOTAL DUD. See my previous post on the subject for more info. FORGET the buffet, just enjoy the variety of new brands offered by the retail stands.

Edited by Jingthing

Hi Buddy, those sorbets sound great. Sorbets haven't been high on my culinary list of tasty treats but I may have to try them from what your saying. And Dream Cones Gelato is definately going to be sampled as well! Maybe several times....or more!

Hey Buddy, I tried the rocher gelato and it was very delish. I am sorry if I implied any bad things about your gelato, your gelato is very good for Thailand. I personally don't think it would rank as among the best in the world, but it remains a very enjoyable product. A reminder that people in Pattaya can sample the Dream products anytime they like, you are not restricted to the festival. I also second your suggestion that your young coconut flavor is a real treat. Its been a while, that one is a sorbet, right?

Edited by Jingthing

Went to the Festival on the 2nd at 12:00

The two of us were the only ones there.

The server told us that the day before, there were about 5 farang and 8 Thais.

As stated in earlier posts, she and her co-server simply received ice cream in bowls from an outside source. We were asked what we wanted only after we started looking around for something else. There were maybe seven different flavors available.

Chocolate: Sorry, not come yet, but have blueberry.

Ok, more blueberry.

We cannot complain about the volume that we ate, or the price, but not asking us what we wanted or even knowing what was in each bowl ...... even in Thailand, that was surprising.

As I wanted to give it another try, I went again today, Sunday at 3:40.

Hi, 149 baht.

Oh, come back at 5:00.

Thanks, bye.

No ice cream festival all-you-can-eat operating on a weekend day. Wow!

Dear All,

Thats the end of "Sweet Schooling" from me as the Mods have highjacked my posts.

Hopefully you have had some education as to the difference between Gelato 96% Fat Free & Sorbets !00% Fat Free and commercial ice cream..

Artisans that formulate and make Gelato do it with pride, it is a cottage industry that uses the Worlds finest imported ingredients which is hand made and decorated to each individual order.

Compare Gelato against big budget, big name commercial ice cream manufactured by drones in huge vats on an industrial scale in large factorys, it is they who employ hawkers that pester you continually on the beach.

Gelato...the best you ever ate!

best regards

buddy

from ThaiPR.net

ศูนย์การค้าเซ็นทรัลเฟสติวัล พัทยา บีช จัดงาน Ice Cream Festival Minus Twelve @ CentralFestival Pattaya beach เนรมิตคลื่นทะเลยักษ์ให้กลายเป็นน้ำแข็งในอุณหภูมิลบ 12 องศา เพื่อ ฟรีส (Freeze) ไอศครีมซีฟู้ด และซูชิไอศครีม ที่สร้างสรรค์โดย Ice Cream Designer พร้อมร่วมรับประทานไอศครีมหลากแบรนด์ดัง อาทิ Iberry , amaltery,Felice,Tuscanini,Time Out สุดหรรษากับการรับประทานไอศครีม บุฟเฟต์ บนรางที่จำลองมาจากร้าน Sushi ราคาเพียง 99 บาท ในเวลา 1 ชั่วโมง เต็ม ร่วมสนุกกับเกมเย็นสุดขั้ว เช่น การท้าประลองความเย็นบนเก้าอี้น้ำแข็ง ชมสาธิตการทำไอศกรีมสูตรต่างๆ เช่น ไอศกรีมสมุนไพร ไอศรีมไขมันต่ำ รวมทั้ง Hi-Light สาธิตการทำไอศกรีมซีฟู้ด และ ไอศกรีมซูชิ ทดลองทำไอศกรีมด้วยตนเองกับ Ice Cream Home Made ที่คุณก็สามารถทำเองได้ง่ายๆ ที่บ้าน ร่วมสนุกไปพร้อมคำแนะนำจากมืออาชีพ พิเศษสุดกับ Celebrities “คุณปลา Iberry” ที่มาร่วม DIY ไปพร้อมกับคุณในรอบกิจกรรมพิเศษ (ในวันเสาร์ที่ 4 เมษายน 2552) และพบกับแฟชั่นโชว์ชุด Little Mermaid กับคุณชมพู่ อารยา และดารารับเชิญสมทบ ในวันที่ 1 เมษายน 2552 เชิญร่วมท่องโลกจินตนาการเมื่อยามท้องทะเลเมืองพัทยาอุณหภูมิติดลบ 12 องศา พร้อมรับประทานไฮไลท์ ไอศครีมซีฟู้ดและไอศครีมซูชิ ได้ตั้งแต่วันพุธที่ 1 – 6 เมษายน 2552 ณ บริเวณชั้น 1 ศูนย์การค้าเซ็นทรัลเฟสติวัล พัทยา บีช

สอบถามรายละเอียดเพิ่มเติมที่ รัชดาภรณ์ บุญต่อ (ออ) แผนกประชาสัมพันธ์

บริษัท เซ็นทรัลพัฒนา จำกัด (มหาชน) โทร.0-2667-5555 ต่อ 4104 /081-5536797

โทรสาร 0-2264-5575 Call Center 0-2635-1111

E-Mail : [email protected] / [email protected]

Message to Central people.

Apologies for being so direct but the execution of this Ice cream festival was absoluty terrible.

No advertizing and no signage in English or Russian on the actual floor of the festival to tempt people in or on other floors of the Mall to direct them to it?

Whoever the amatuer was who was in charge needs a good kick up the hootsy, it was almost like all Central was after was a bit of extra ground rent from the participating companys...Be suprised of any of them ever return again unless you change.

A Great opportunity has slipped by.

buddy