My Workpermit Ends On 30 April While My Non-b Visa Expires On 5 April, And Now? Or End Now ?...

My workpermit ends on 30 April while my visa expires on 5 April, which is the last 15th month extension. Can I still get an extension or new visa?

I have a 3 month work permit which I do not yet know if it will be extended by the employer.

I heard that your NON-B VISA & Your WORKPERMIT have nothing to do with each other looking at dates. You can even keep your work permit now, and no new one will be applied if you get back to work in the same year, is that true?

Please help me out here

Cheers.

What kind of visa do you have, a multiple or single. It looks like you have a multiple non-B and have to leave the country every 90 days. If that is the case you can just leave and re-enter, wether you have a WP or not.

If you can keep your WP depends on the employer. Your WP is only good for the named employer. If you change emloyer, you need a new WP.

My workpermit ends on 30 April while my visa expires on 5 April, which is the last 15th month extension. Can I still get an extension or new visa?

I have a 3 month work permit which I do not yet know if it will be extended by the employer.

I heard that your NON-B VISA & Your WORKPERMIT have nothing to do with each other looking at dates. You can even keep your work permit now, and no new one will be applied if you get back to work in the same year, is that true?

Please help me out here

Cheers.

Not sure where you heard your info from....basically you have 10 days to return the work permit or pay a fine..and if your visa was made in the country based on your work permit it will expire also....but.....don't believe everything you hear or read.

Not sure where you heard your info from....basically you have 10 days to return the work permit or pay a fine..and if your visa was made in the country based on your work permit it will expire also....but.....don't believe everything you hear or read.

When you stop working and are on an extension of stay you have to leave the country the same day or get an extension of stay for 7 days for 1,900 baht.

OP is not on an extension of stay.

How did we figure that out (he is on extension of stay)? Believe he could also be referring to a multi entry visa which provides 15 months. As you seem to have indicated in your post #2 nine minutes ago. Tylenol time. :o:D

Thanks for the answers, but it did not bring me any further... :o

Yes my Multiple entree NON-B visa expired on 15 January 2009, And so I got an extra 3 months on top of that, and that is where I am now.

Now this visa expires 5 April. I have a workpermit that is valid until 30 April.

Does this count and be a liable way to extend my Non-B visa till 30 April?

When you stop working and are on an extension of stay you have to leave the country the same day or get an extension of stay for 7 days for 1,900 baht.

OP is not on an extension of stay.

OP? Old People?

Yes my Multiple entree NON-B visa expired on 15 January 2009, And so I got an extra 3 months on top of that, and that is where I am now.

Now this visa expires 5 April. I have a workpermit that is valid until 30 April.

You need to obtain a new visa/entry if you plan to work until the 30th of April. You have not made extension of stay so suspect your work/company probably does not qualify for that (and a normal extension from Immigration would be only 7 days).

You need to obtain a new visa/entry if you plan to work until the 30th of April. You have not made extension of stay so suspect your work/company probably does not qualify for that (and a normal extension from Immigration would be only 7 days).

Ok thank you for the answer, so this extension can be just for 7 days? And cost me 1900THB?