10+ Year Old Bigbikes Not Registerable?

Strange as the bkk shops are still doing it right now.. importing as parts and registering..

A large, Japanese vehicle importing company, whom I've bought many vehicles over a five year period and shipped to 2 other countries (not here), imformed me they have crated and shipped five bikes this week already to Bangkok. As parts! Including a 2005 CBR600, I was watching, that sold for peanuts at auction.

I know the landed costs but would never attempt; even with the language skills and a good lawyer, but having been informed it happens wonder how all these bikes will get on the road in the current situation? Wonder how many will get shipped here; it's cheap and easy to do that part, and will never make it on the road.

Anyone know of a recently wrecked big bike (with legit book) in need of a rebuild? Not asking for real but that's how it would work in many a case I'd guess, and is this how the shops do it?

Strange as the bkk shops are still doing it right now.. importing as parts and registering..
Yeah,you can still get fake books,and yes they have people that work at the T.D.O,but nothing lasts for ever.

Yeah,you can still get fake books,and yes they have people that work at the T.D.O,but nothing lasts for ever.

Not fake books.. Importing as parts.. paying the parts taxes.. assembling the bike.. and registering.. To fully legit booked bike..

You can go pick your bike in Japan out of their catelogue.. Some one just did one the other week..

Thats what your saying cant be done right ??

Bike shops will have to now pay full tax on a bikes shipped into the country in one piece, that is why bikes prices will be going up in the next couple of months.

Who said?

I did,take it or leave it.

I make it my business to know these things.

Do you have any idea what you're spouting off about? Bike shops have ALWAYS had to pay full tax on fully assembled bikes imported into Thailand. This is nothing new. I'm calling BS on this one. :)

It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt...

Happy Trails!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

I think what he is saying in that statement is.. Now even bikes imported as parts.. Have to pay the full tax the same as fully assembled bikes imported.. etc..

I dont agree with the statement.. But I think thats what hes saying..