Want To Learn To Play Golf

Zen

Hi, I would like to learn Golf in Bangkok on a 1-to-1 basis.

Approximately how much would it cost per lesson?

And how many lessons should I have?

Any good recommendations for a beginner? I'm totally new to golf.

Zen - You are absolutely correct to start your golfing career with lessons. The more you sign up for the less expensive it usually is. It's been a long time since I had lessons, but when I did it was at a driving range across from SCB Plaza, there was a older gentlemen teacher who gave me lessons, he was great. Had loads of patience which is important for a beginner.

Once you get the bug, it'll drive you crazy, but best of luck. You'll have a lot of fun.

Ted

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lessons usually range from THB 500 to THB 2,500 per hour.

You can get packages for less, I suggest going with an expat professional, which will cost you more but I think they are better qualified than most of the Thai professionals.

For a beginner I recommend a 10 hour package to start with, however, it's always a good idea to start with one lesson before you sign up to see if you get along with the Pro - this is important.

Check out www.golfthink.com - there's a guy on there that seems to have some good feedback.

Good luck!

It depends entirely on each individual and your skill level, and what you mean by "expert".

Most players never reach what I would consider "expert" level.

In my experience it usually takes 10-20 hours for somebody just to be able to be ready to play on a course.

Any more questions please ask!

Can anybody give a ballpark range for lessons?

So, what does it take to be an expert? Five or six lessons? :)

greg hanrahan recently advertised lessons on thai visa.

he was/is a good player so im sure he could help with lessons

Have known Greg through business dealings and found him a really good bloke, he has 39 years of golf experience under his belt and has played on many major international tours. For full details of his insruction packages, check out his website here http://www.tourproinstruction.com/ I'm sure you'll hit it off with greg (excuse the pun) he's a nice guy and a great golfer.

Good luck!

Edited by OnNutter

greg hanrahan recently advertised lessons on thai visa.

he was/is a good player so im sure he could help with lessons

Have known Greg through business dealings and found him a really good bloke, he has 39 years of golf experience under his belt and has played on many major international tours. For full details of his insruction packages, check out his website here http://www.tourproinstruction.com/ I'm sure you'll hit it off with greg (excuse the pun) he's a nice guy and a great golfer.

Good luck!

Actually I quite rate a Thai guy called Rat, he has worked with Ernie Ells, I think the teaching was from EE!

He now has a shop at Sports City on Prachachuen Road just up from Ngam Wong Wan Mall. He used to charge 1000Baht for an hour lesson.