I Think ...

The British Pound looks like it has no further intentions to drop and I can fundamentally understand it because why should it and against <deleted> what?

Not that I am concerned but the BP for the next 5 years is probably one of the best performing currencies to look out for. :o

The British Pound looks like it has no further intentions to drop and I can fundamentally understand it because why should it and against <deleted> what?

Not that I am concerned but the BP for the next 5 years is probably one of the best performing currencies to look out for. :o

Please explain why?

Please explain why?

My charts say so. Not that I want to confuse anyone but I do currencies and other markets day in day out and the pound is on my hot list.

Fundamentally I cannot give you a reason to understand why just my experience for now and I will elaborate later.

The point why I post this now is that my chick after an expanding drinking session told me that she wants me to be an English gent and not the rude ass I (seemingly) am :D

Edited by PCA

Please explain why?

My charts say so. Not that I want to confuse anyone but I do currencies and other markets day in day out and the pound is on my hot list. Fundamentally I cannot give you a reason to understand why just my experience for now and I will elaborate later. The point why I post this now is that my chick after an expanding drinking session told me that she wants me to be an English gent and not the rude ass I (seemingly) am :D

i think i know your reason. is it because you heard on Bloomberg that i bought yesterday (after abstaining for many years) a bond denominated in GBP? 'fess up! :D

The opinions given in these currency value threads (like those in their sister Stock Price threads) are like bars of wet soap - slippery, difficult to get hold of and do naught but cloud the water.

Of course everyone is so very assured of the good choices they made in the past ...

Please explain why?

My charts say so. Not that I want to confuse anyone but I do currencies and other markets day in day out and the pound is on my hot list. Fundamentally I cannot give you a reason to understand why just my experience for now and I will elaborate later. The point why I post this now is that my chick after an expanding drinking session told me that she wants me to be an English gent and not the rude ass I (seemingly) am :D

i think i know your reason. is it because you heard on Bloomberg that i bought yesterday (after abstaining for many years) a bond denominated in GBP? 'fess up! :D

yeah that is one of the reasons. Imagine how much money the klingons might have sucked out of earth in the past and it must be a good sign when they are finally pumping back in :D

The opinions given in these currency value threads (like those in their sister Stock Price threads) are like bars of wet soap - slippery, difficult to get hold of and do naught but cloud the water.

Of course everyone is so very assured of the good choices they made in the past ...

nobody is forcing you to read or comment here. I understand you have no clue of investment but a need to critisize. :o

^

I look forward to reading one of your submissions on the subject of Currency Values that has some measurable substance to it, even better if later data proves to have been correct.

Edited by GuestHouse

^

I look forward to reading one of your submissions on the subject of Currency Values that has some measurable substance to it, even better if later data proves to have been correct.

you want to read what? I don't understand the question. Should you mean some fundamental justification for my projection that one is readable in the first post and I am happy there is no other which is a very sound reason to get into the pound at current levels. :o

Please explain why?

My charts say so. Not that I want to confuse anyone but I do currencies and other markets day in day out and the pound is on my hot list.

Fundamentally I cannot give you a reason to understand why just my experience for now and I will elaborate later.

The point why I post this now is that my chick after an expanding drinking session told me that she wants me to be an English gent and not the rude ass I (seemingly) am :D

There is nothing on the chart that suggests it will go up or down significantly and long term. No break of a trend line, no significant fib levels - zilch. It has broken the low of 1.3681 in Feb 2001 and retraced. Granted it has broken a triangle to the upside on the 4 hour chart, but that's just a short term trade. And for those who are mesmerised by tech analysis, just remember that fundamentals rule in the end. No one has a crystal ball.

nobody is forcing you to read or comment here. I understand you have no clue of investment but a need to critisize. :D

So why post it here then ? :o

Please explain why?

There is nothing on the chart that suggests it will go up or down significantly and long term. No break of a trend line, no significant fib levels - zilch. It has broken the low of 1.3681 in Feb 2001 and retraced. Granted it has broken a triangle to the upside on the 4 hour chart, but that's just a short term trade. And for those who are mesmerised by tech analysis, just remember that fundamentals rule in the end. No one has a crystal ball.

your chart is not my chart and I fortunately see things differently than you do. Fundamentals get created after the price has been manipulated, you can write that one down in your education book.

Edited by PCA

nobody is forcing you to read or comment here. I understand you have no clue of investment but a need to critisize. :D

So why post it here then ? :o

I posted it because I want that the English folks here feel released from pain and your point is?

your chart is not my chart and I fortunately see things differently than you do. Fundamentals get created after the price has been manipulated, you can write that one down in your education book.

You could very well be right, good luck with that. I see a symmetrical triangle forming on the LT chart. Those usually resolve lower, but the ones from 1994 and 2002 did not. It's trading in a "no mans land" area for me. Got the double bottom in place and prior downside targets have all been met. Very oversold though and sentiment couldn't be much worse. I'd like to see it above its weekly 34ema to get very excited.

Hey, what do you think of the EUR: USD?

edit: I should add I'm talking about weekly to monthly increment charts.

Edited by lannarebirth

Note to Myself:

Don't engage in banter with people who claim to be traders. It will only get you into trouble. Now go and have a beer and don't to it again.

trd what is your problem man? Have nothing better to do than spoiling my thread? If you think you are good thats fine and if you make money you should be a happy balanced person with no need to compare his d..k with the neighbour's.

I assume on this board are some good traders and I know that you are not one of them. Chose milk instead of beer and keep quiet when daddy is talking :o

You could very well be right, good luck with that. I see a symmetrical triangle forming on the LT chart. Those usually resolve lower, but the ones from 1994 and 2002 did not. It's trading in a "no mans land" area for me. Got the double bottom in place and prior downside targets have all been met. Very oversold though and sentiment couldn't be much worse. I'd like to see it above its weekly 34ema to get very excited.

Hey, what do you think of the EUR: USD?

edit: I should add I'm talking about weekly to monthly increment charts.

Hi Lanna,

EUR/USD from the weekly chart is in triangle congestion which you can spot when you are using the line chart. We will probably narrow down this pattern by facing shrinking volatility (which is good to build up momentum for a new trend).

I must admit that I have absolutely no idea to which side we will finally break and the monthly chart doesnt express that there will be much trending over the next few quarters. Real market moving fundamentals like a war or the breakdown of the EU may of course change the picture and cause a technical revision.

What a great thread this is, absolutely fantastic. I have learned so much. Thank you all those who gave their valuable and valueless time to contribute.

you are welcome :o

But see it this way now you have learned that trading can be such an easy thing and not complicated at all that you need to google-compete with the TV elite. And by the way the thread I think says for the next 5 years and not within 24 hours.

Chok dee

But see it this way now you have learned that trading can be such an easy thing and not complicated at all that you need to google-compete with the TV elite. And by the way the thread I think says for the next 5 years and not within 24 hours.

It will be interesting to see if all the debt piled on the backs of the productive workers in the UK has broken them or not. I, for one, sincerely hope that they will be productively churning out factory produce that is eagerly consumed by the Asian creditors, so that my company pensions and my national pension are secure.

I am not optimistic.

There is no manufacturing industry in the UK, it is a debtor nation, there is no country in the world that will want anything to do with the UK financial industry, and Brown's hope that he can sort out the debt issues by even more debt coupled with hyper-inflation to inflate away the debts in the path of the tidal wave of baby boomer pensioners leaves me not much hope for a decent outcome. At least in 18 months or so the Labour party will have disappeared from the scene.

Chok dee

Yep, we all need a bit of that.

• 1 month later...

Not that I am concerned but the BP for the next 5 years is probably one of the best performing currencies to look out for. :)

Nice call PCA. I hope you have banked nicely from it.

Not that I am concerned but the BP for the next 5 years is probably one of the best performing currencies to look out for. :)

thanks though it didnt really develop the way I expected. No exit yet but moved stop to green, will start taking some out 300 pips higher from here while main part of the position should see levels far above 1.60. Anyway would I not be in since much lower I would not buy right now.

The British Pound looks like it has no further intentions to drop and I can fundamentally understand it because why should it and against <deleted> what? Not that I am concerned but the BP for the next 5 years is probably one of the best performing currencies to look out for. :D

before or after UK adopts the €UR? :)