Sri Racha Place

tuky

Does anyone have a contact for Sriracha Place apartment?

Is it owned by Pacific group or do they only own a few of the apartments in the building?

My wife is interested in a buying a few of the rooms.

Cheers

Sriracha Place used to have a sign for sale/rent on the building which has now been replaced with a for rent sign only..still would do you no harm to call in to the building's sales office located in the lobby and ask.

As far as I know, they are mostly privately owned.

The problem with Sriracha Place is that they couldn't sell them all as condo's so they went to monthly rentals. Since they STILL couldn't fill them, they've gone to daily rentals. I wouldn't recommend purchasing there. My neighbor, when I lived there, bought his and the property value of it almost halved in 12 months... I wouldn't recommend it as a monthly rental either as they decided, totally unfairly, to keep my entire rental deposit. But hey, it happens... live and learn.

If you are considering purchasing a place have a look at the Sri Racha Condoview 1 bedroom condominiums on the road one block south of Sri Racha Place. It's a new deverlopment and won't be complete till 2006 but it seems promising. The 50-59 sq meter condos rangin price from 35k USD - 45k USD.

While on this subject, does anyone know of any other new deverlopments of this sort around the area? It seems all the "seaview" condos are already sold out at Sri Racha Condoview.

Matt

PS...SriRachaJohn...I just meet your girlfriend...

I had a look at Sriracha Condoview and decided that they are overpriced. The condos are quite small and don't be fooled by the 59 sq.m..it's balcony space not, not actual living space.

The latest development is J-Town which is progressing rapidly but my understanding is that they're already sold out to some Japs..??

If you are considering purchasing a place have a look at the Sri Racha Condoview 1 bedroom condominiums on the road one block south of Sri Racha Place. It's a new deverlopment and won't be complete till 2006 but it seems promising. The 50-59 sq meter condos rangin price from 35k USD - 45k USD.

While on this subject, does anyone know of any other new deverlopments of this sort around the area? It seems all the "seaview" condos are already sold out at Sri Racha Condoview.

Matt

PS...SriRachaJohn...I just meet your girlfriend...

welcome to the neighborhood... :o

I agree with jing... over-priced AND tiny AND not finished for a long time. I'd be very hesitant to jump into something in this area that has such a late completion date. There is so much surplus housing and over-development, I expect the entire housing market here will crash in the not-so-distant future.

After it does, of course, that would be the time to purchase.

There is a new development going up in between Phyathai and Kanary bay right? Anyone with info on this?

I'm not sure if I'm getting the streets mixed up (I'm new after all ...) but there's a development going up next to one of the Kanary Bay locations but I think it's a Hotel (or at least that's what the sign said)...I'm referring to the location across from the Eastern Tower.

I'm more of a seaview/beach kind of guy...so J-town with it's hectic location turns me off. But since you bring up the topic :o...just from an amateur investors point of view I don't see much of a risk in investing in one of the condominum projects here. I think the upper end of the realestate spectrum might drop but I think there's enough local demand to keep pace for the moderatly priced condos...after all...if someone sells their house, they usually buy another....and with 9000/baht/mo being the minimum asking price for a studio at comperable condos theres a sizable rental income that can be made. But please give me more opinions to possibly save me from a 40k mistake :D

Matt

• 5 years later...

The problem with Sriracha Place is that they couldn't sell them all as condo's so they went to monthly rentals. Since they STILL couldn't fill them, they've gone to daily rentals. I wouldn't recommend purchasing there. My neighbor, when I lived there, bought his and the property value of it almost halved in 12 months... I wouldn't recommend it as a monthly rental either as they decided, totally unfairly, to keep my entire rental deposit. But hey, it happens... live and learn.

Why they didnt give you back'deposit? Did they find some damage'or was it just'ignorance? And how it comes'to pay'maintainance as a renting person?