Koh Samui Thaivisa Party

Where on Samui  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for Chaweng but now believe Bangrak is better when you consider the time & distance that the KPG & KT members would have to travel. After that boat ride, a short walk to the place would be better than getting ripped off by one of the famous Samui taxis. :o

me too...voted for Chaweng but on second thought Baan Rak is better...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Chaweng but now believe Bangrak is better when you consider the time & distance that the KPG & KT members would have to travel. After that boat ride, a short walk to the place would be better than getting ripped off by one of the famous Samui taxis. :o

me too...voted for Chaweng but on second thought Baan Rak is better...

I too like the idea of ban rak,plenty of choices,however what about people living down south,say in lamai?

I think in general we would behave more civil to each other on this forum if we knew each other. For example, mattias and I are friends and we would go at each other now and then but if I didn't know him I might have gotten banned myself for going after him a lot harder because other than comic relief, his posts truly were pretty useless. (hey mattias, too bad you can't reply anymore :D:D:o:D )

So, one result of this party could be a kinder, gentler forum and then they could let go one or two of those forum "guardians" since they wouldn't be needed so much.

It would be funny to see mods during the party telling people to stop discussing certain subjects. And ban you from the party for a certain time if you step on their toes....

Na, just joking :D

Seems like we have a consensus, Springer Pub it is.

Let's also hire Edgar to provide the musical entertainment.

It's up to George.

Can anyone one else send pictures of suggestion sites.

Pictures from Springer pub is on www.springerpub.co.th

Seems to me this thread will be closed when the party is held. Afterwords it is mute.

As for the gentler people in person theory, I don't doubt that. My point is that whatever a person is like "in person" will shatter whatever mental image I have of him as a poster.

I mean if people saw me they'd realize: "Jesus, haven't I seen him on the cover of GQ? What a physique! Look at all the beautiful women flocking around him. What a stallion! He radiates charisma; how can I too know him?"

See? You don't really want to see the "real" me, do you?

:o

Seems to me this thread will be closed when the party is held. Afterwords it is mute.

As for the gentler people in person theory, I don't doubt that. My point is that whatever a person is like "in person" will shatter whatever mental image I have of him as a poster.

I mean if people saw me they'd realize: "Jesus, haven't I seen him on the cover of GQ? What a physique! Look at all the beautiful women flocking around him. What a stallion! He radiates charisma; how can I too know him?"

See? You don't really want to see the "real" me, do you?

:o

Yeah, you're probably right. When I think "Mark Wolfe" I think of two lizards screwing. Or Highdiver being the highly logical Mr.Spock. Or SBK a hippie chick. Or roo, a wet cat. I think 3 out of those 4 will be totally different in real life. :D

Or SBK a hippie chick.

You can't miss SBK, she's the only real live cartoon character on the loose in KP.

But seriously, I have never seen her.

What if she is really like 80 years old and can cast evil spell? Well, OK, that might be a reason to go to the party if she is there....

Or SBK a hippie chick.

You can't miss SBK, she's the only real live cartoon character on the loose in KP.

But seriously, I have never seen her.

What if she is really like 80 years old and can cast evil spell? Well, OK, that might be a reason to go to the party if she is there....

Not 80, not a cartoon, not a hippie. As for casting spells it's probably best just to be careful :o

No, I will be in the US and won't be back for a few months, but of course, at the rate you guys are going, that may be when you hold the party after all.

• 2 weeks later...
Shouldn't you decide on an area first? And my point, which you clearly missed, was if you want to have this party sometime this year, decisions will have to be taken.

Forgive me, but doesn't the result of the pole decide on the area?

Sometimes poles even decide on the fate of countries!!! :o

Well, yes, the result of the poll does decide on the area but my point was that without an end date to the poll people could just vote on and on and no decision would have been made. Since no one has added anything since the 13th, and Ban Rak leads, then Ban Rak it is.

Now, back to the specific venue, please. If you want to have this party in the next two months that is.

OK, last post was the 13th. It looks like Ban Rak is the location. Now for specific places. :D

good luck guys :D

Sunseeker at Petcharat Marina in Ban Rak gets my vote but also happy with BBC.

Good for me too :o

good lord, listen to you people. who would want to spend an evening with any of you?

its a night out with a few beers, you think you were planning an armed convoy out of kabul.

:D yes mate but samui aint bangkok,its a big place with many locations all klm apart,also includes koh tao and koh phangnan,were talking boat trips here not trips down the freeway,but if we do need to get out of kabul will be sure to ask for your help. :o

yes you are right, samui is a much bigger place than Bangkok, sorry my mistake.

what with the boat trips and all its a wonder you guys managed to get there in the first place.

enjoy the party, it sounds like it will be a hoot.

Sunseeker at Petcharat Marina in Ban Rak gets my vote but also happy with BBC.

Good for me too :o

I lived 100m away from Petcharat Marina for a year and still never heard of Sunseeker. Is it new?

The bar itself has been there for a long time, however it has been extensively refurbished and given its present name about six months ago.

In the event that we come to a decision, it would be best to avoid any dates around a full moon party.