Is It Normal To Ignore Each Other

spidercat

Off topic, but I find it interesting sociologically how much more Farrang ignore other Farrang in day-day life around here.

This is not at all a surprise - Experience has taught me that if, for example, you find yourself sitting in a Thai coffee shop nearby a foreigner and you engage him in conversation, there's more than a fair chance that he's going to turn out to be a 'fruit cake'.

still alive :o

PM sent to spidercat.....

sorry didnt mean to ignore

boater

Hi boater

Yes, thanks for the PM mate.

Also, thanks everyone for your input!

And boater, I apologize for pressing the issue. Whatever the result is - Good luck to you mate.

Regards

spidercat

I think there are two problems for people asking for and receiving advice here on TV.

Problem 1. When an individual asks for advice, s/he will almost immediately be assailed by a barrage of abuse and ridicule from the usual suspects who delight in taking the p1ss out of other people's problems

Problem 2. Very often the large amount of sincere and thought out advice that is available here on TV might not be what the person asking for advice wants to hear.

As I've pointed out before, the definition of what is good advice here on TV too often seems to be advice that agrees what the person seeking advice already believes to be his/her best course of action. Bad advice being that which disagrees with what they already think or believe.

I think between these two problems we have the reason why many, but certainly not all, people asking for advice don't come back to say thank you - They don't like what the advice they receive.

Some fair points GuestHouse but with this issue: - It was not I that gave advice, only support. Also as I said previously, I did not ask for, expect or even want a thank you...Just a....Its all sorted, have new PP and have been paid...or...Can't talk now I'm fitting my concrete boots....

Most of the answers you get in TV are not very useful. I don't mean people don't try to help, just it isn’t really useful. The only places I found real answers were mostly in the farming and DIY forums, and it was usually for very technical questions.

By the time you realize that, you move to something else and usually forget to thank the people who genuinely but not very successfully tried to help. As Trink would have say, human nature …

Off topic, but I find it interesting sociologically how much more Farrang ignore other Farrang in day-day life around here.

This is not at all a surprise - Experience has taught me that if, for example, you find yourself sitting in a Thai coffee shop nearby a foreigner and you engage him in conversation, there's more than a fair chance that he's going to turn out to be a 'fruit cake'.

Very often, I find myself in lost places in the middle of nowhere. Usually the first guy who talk to me will try to sell me something I don't really want to buy. Then, there are the "fruit cakes". But also sometime I will meet some weird people I would never have talked to in other places and spend a very good evening. One should always keep an open mind ...

Another Seinfeld thread about nothing, will be interesting to see if you come back and thank us all for our input :o

Hmmmnn! Another Seinfeld post about nothing! :D

Take your mask off, its obscuring your vision :D - Take a look back up at post #33

Oh! And thank you zorro1 for your valuable contribution.............It was great :D