Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs?

actiondell4

You my friend are road rage waiting to happen,virility,assaulted,rush of blood to the head followed by violent tendencies toward's other road user's,with all these demon's running around your head,how can you concentrate on your driving,you are not the only road user. :o

You my friend are wrong. I've been riding these streets for over 3 years and have never assaulted anyone yet...in fact I've never assaulted anyone out of road rage in my entire life.

The comments were made tongue in cheek to make a point.

how would anyone know the comments were tongue in cheek?

At the time they were written they were made to attract response from die hard bikies who can only see things their way.

Now you know they were tongue in cheek because I explained that.

That doesn't change the fact that loud pipes can and do cause road rage. Whether people choose to act on their feelings is another matter.

Edited by tropo

i think its a roid rage he is getting more than a road rage but he might not admit to that. Lucky for all those bikers that Tropo dont go to Bike shows as he might be enraged and beat up all the thousands of terrible virility lacking attention seeking thai/farang noisy bike owners.....i bet they would be real scared.

I think if you aint a biker or a petrol head or you are boring or old then you wont like noisy Harleys or anything noisy for that matter. I like to see the faces of those anti bikers that screw up there faces as a loud bike passes........i could understand if it was a horrible noise like the trucks or the under powered cars with stright thru exhausts but the Harley rumble is unbeatable.

The harleys exhaust is only really loud at full throttle and most Harleys around here are only pootling along so i find it ok.......maybe i didnt get enough attention as a child that liking/wanting a noisy harley is the only way i can feel like a man........jesus,gimme a break!!

I like fast bikes, fast cars, noisy powerful bikes, noisy high powered cars.....according to the experts here then my virilty is shot and im insecure and need attention.....lucky im in Pattaya then to get my fix .

I guess Harley owners like a bit of attention but its for the bike not the owner.......they spent so much money that it would be nice for someone to notice it!!!!

Lastly noisier bikes are safer on the Pattaya streets as the idiots racing around dangerously do give a wide berth and other road users do notice a loud bike when normally they are oblivious to other road users......its not an excuse for a loud exhaust but it sure is a bonus of having one.

Also to the moaners out there ... a bike passing you is a few seconds, you cant tell me you have never sat in a bar/disco that plays superloud music and that probably could cause ear damage!!

You claim the sound of a Harley is great, I say it is noise pollution. The trouble is that we don't have a choice when you start revving your engine...everyone must hear it. If you were 20 years old, I could understand it, but as an expat it's pretty obvious you have virility issues.

exactly what i said, you are either a petrol head or not......you are not!

Dr.Tropo i assure you i dont have virility problems(if you want you can send your girlfriend to check then it will be "pretty obvious" i dont ) but maybe in my head i think im still 20 ....i will grow up in my own time and moan at loud harleys when im 30 or 40 in the head,maybe.

Meanwhile id like to invite you to a Hells Angel meeting so you can discuss all the virility problems they have, im sure theyd be interested in your naturally high testosteroned views.

Fortunately, there is still some sanity amongst civilized communities regarding excessive motorcycle noise.

AMA's position on excessive motorcycle noise

Since its inception in 1924, the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) has maintained a position of strong opposition to excessive motorcycle sound. The AMA has funded information and public relations campaigns in support of quieter motorcycle use, and was the world’s first motorsports sanctioning body to regulate and reduce the sound level of racing vehicles.

The AMA believes that few other factors contribute more to misunderstanding and prejudice against the motorcycling community than excessively loud motorcycles. All motorcycles are manufactured to meet federally mandated sound control standards. Unfortunately, a small number of riders who install unmuffled aftermarket exhaust systems perpetuate a public myth that all motorcycles are loud. Efforts by regulators to rein in excessive motorcycle sound often miss the mark by singling out motorcyclists with ordinances and laws that are unfair, impractical and unenforceable.

No single segment of the motorcycling community--riders, event organizers, retailers and distributors, original equipment and aftermarket manufacturers, law enforcement and the safety community–-can single-handedly solve this problem. Although there are other sources of excessive sound such as loud cars and trucks, booming car stereos, poorly maintained generators, and whining leaf blowers, motorcyclists have a responsibility to be part of the solution. Shifting blame and failing to adopt responsible, voluntary practices will only result in greater prejudice and discrimination against all motorcyclists, including excessively rigorous state and federal standards, more expensive and less attractive motorcycles, the reduction of choices in aftermarket products, abusive enforcement of current laws, and other measures that will negatively impact both riders and the motorcycle industry.

Based on its opposition to excessive motorcycle sound, the AMA recommends the following:

All motorcyclists should be sensitive to community standards and respect the right of fellow citizens to enjoy a peaceful environment.

Motorcyclists should not modify exhaust systems in a way that will increase sound to a level that is offensive. This includes the installation of unmuffled exhaust systems.

Organizers of motorcycle events should take steps--through advertising, peer pressure and enforcement--to make excessively loud motorcycles unwelcome.

Motorcycle retailers should discourage the installation and use of excessively loud replacement exhaust systems, including unmuffled “straight pipes.”

The motorcycle industry, including aftermarket suppliers of replacement exhaust systems, should adopt responsible product design and marketing policies aimed at limiting the cumulative impact of excessive motorcycle sound.

Manufacturers producing motorcycles that meet the appropriate federal standards should continue to educate their dealers and customers that louder exhaust systems can decrease the performance of motorcycles.

Law enforcement agencies should fairly and consistently enforce appropriate laws against excessive vehicle sound and other sources of undesirable sound.

The motorcycle industry and the safety community should educate customers and riders that excessive sound can be fatiguing, thus impairing good riding skills and judgment, making riding less enjoyable.

The AMA and its Board of Directors wholeheartedly endorse these recommendations and the Association will continue to advocate for responsible behavior on the part of its members and all motorcyclists.

You my friend are road rage waiting to happen,virility,assaulted,rush of blood to the head followed by violent tendencies toward's other road user's,with all these demon's running around your head,how can you concentrate on your driving,you are not the only road user. :o

You my friend are wrong. I've been riding these streets for over 3 years and have never assaulted anyone yet...in fact I've never assaulted anyone out of road rage in my entire life.

how would anyone know the comments were tongue in cheek?

At the time they were written they were made to attract response from die hard bikies who can only see things their way.

Now you know they were tongue in cheek because I explained that.

That doesn't change the fact that loud pipes can and do cause road rage. Whether people choose to act on their feelings is another matter.

anything can cause road rage if your that way inclined.......an oap driving at half the speed limit makes me angry and is dangerous but im not saying ban all oaps off the road coz they make me angry.......thais that never use there indicators......ever, can cause road rage.....etc etc, loud pipes rattle your cage.......at this rate no one should be on the road !!

Fortunately, there is still some sanity amongst civilized communities regarding excessive motorcycle noise.

Since its inception in 1924, the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) has maintained a position of strong opposition to excessive motorcycle sound. The AMA has funded information and public relations campaigns in support of quieter motorcycle use, and was the world's first motorsports sanctioning body to regulate and reduce the sound level of racing vehicles.

The AMA believes that few other factors contribute more to misunderstanding and prejudice against the motorcycling community than excessively loud motorcycles. All motorcycles are manufactured to meet federally mandated sound control standards. Unfortunately, a small number of riders who install unmuffled aftermarket exhaust systems perpetuate a public myth that all motorcycles are loud. Efforts by regulators to rein in excessive motorcycle sound often miss the mark by singling out motorcyclists with ordinances and laws that are unfair, impractical and unenforceable.

No single segment of the motorcycling community--riders, event organizers, retailers and distributors, original equipment and aftermarket manufacturers, law enforcement and the safety community–-can single-handedly solve this problem. Although there are other sources of excessive sound such as loud cars and trucks, booming car stereos, poorly maintained generators, and whining leaf blowers, motorcyclists have a responsibility to be part of the solution. Shifting blame and failing to adopt responsible, voluntary practices will only result in greater prejudice and discrimination against all motorcyclists, including excessively rigorous state and federal standards, more expensive and less attractive motorcycles, the reduction of choices in aftermarket products, abusive enforcement of current laws, and other measures that will negatively impact both riders and the motorcycle industry.

Based on its opposition to excessive motorcycle sound, the AMA recommends the following:

All motorcyclists should be sensitive to community standards and respect the right of fellow citizens to enjoy a peaceful environment.

Motorcyclists should not modify exhaust systems in a way that will increase sound to a level that is offensive. This includes the installation of unmuffled exhaust systems.

Organizers of motorcycle events should take steps--through advertising, peer pressure and enforcement--to make excessively loud motorcycles unwelcome.

Motorcycle retailers should discourage the installation and use of excessively loud replacement exhaust systems, including unmuffled "straight pipes."

The motorcycle industry, including aftermarket suppliers of replacement exhaust systems, should adopt responsible product design and marketing policies aimed at limiting the cumulative impact of excessive motorcycle sound.

Manufacturers producing motorcycles that meet the appropriate federal standards should continue to educate their dealers and customers that louder exhaust systems can decrease the performance of motorcycles.

Law enforcement agencies should fairly and consistently enforce appropriate laws against excessive vehicle sound and other sources of undesirable sound.

The motorcycle industry and the safety community should educate customers and riders that excessive sound can be fatiguing, thus impairing good riding skills and judgment, making riding less enjoyable.

The AMA and its Board of Directors wholeheartedly endorse these recommendations and the Association will continue to advocate for responsible behavior on the part of its members and all motorcyclists.

all i can say is that the world would be a boring place if everybody was the same!

Since its inception in 1924, the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) has maintained a position of strong opposition to excessive motorcycle sound. The AMA has funded information and public relations campaigns in support of quieter motorcycle use, and was the world's first motorsports sanctioning body to regulate and reduce the sound level of racing vehicles.

Motorcycle retailers should discourage the installation and use of excessively loud replacement exhaust systems, including unmuffled "straight pipes."

all i can say is that the world would be a boring place if everybody was the same!

yes it would be boring if every one was the same ....this topic was not about noise of exhausts .....get back to the bike club thing ....it would be good to get some good information here.......what is the biggest clubs you know of near your areas in thailand etc ?????????????????

Edited by barrybike

and me think'in your were some lunatic in a hi lux out to kill us all.oop's! :D

yes it would be boring if every one was the same ....this topic was not about noise of exhausts .....get back to the bike club thing ....it would be good to get some good information here.......what is the biggest clubs you know of near your areas in thailand etc ?????????????????

I agree, stop hijacking the thread so you can have a moan.

I think Thailand has to many motorcycle clubs that as AceCafe said dont understand the meaning of the badges that they display on there jackets.

Thai's are very good at copying.

I think Thailand has to many motorcycle clubs that as AceCafe said dont understand the meaning of the badges that they display on there jackets.

yes possibly in some cases........but thai clubs do show alot of respect to each other and brotherhood...which is not a bad thing really.......and they throw some real good parties too.............. :o

yes possibly in some cases........but thai clubs do show alot of respect to each other and brotherhood...which is not a bad thing really.......and they throw some real good parties too.............. :o

Hey Barry,

Agree with you and keep in mind some of the MC's in thailand are not only Thai - but ex pat as well...

We do loads of work for the community and still find time to enjoy the open road...

C

anything can cause road rage if your that way inclined.......an oap driving at half the speed limit makes me angry and is dangerous but im not saying ban all oaps off the road coz they make me angry.......thais that never use there indicators......ever, can cause road rage.....etc etc, loud pipes rattle your cage.......at this rate no one should be on the road !!

I agree, those other things you mention are also very annoying, but that doesn't make loud pipes any more enjoyable.

Hey Barry,

Agree with you and keep in mind some of the MC's in thailand are not only Thai - but ex pat as well...

We do loads of work for the community and still find time to enjoy the open road...

C

yes chris i know a good few ex pat members from several clubs throughout thailand

[/color][/i]

It would be a far pleasanter place if everybody respected each others right to peace and quite!

going off topic again with this noise thing.harley riders pay their tax to be on the roads too...its not against the law or anything......get back on topic discussing clubs..bangkok bike fest 1st to 3rd may should be good...........

over the last 9 years i had made many good friends and met some very good people here,have never seen trouble at any event just good people having fun and seeing all the different clubs party together,only in thailand. :o long may it last

According to this news item,the bikie war may be back on ,for clubs such as Hells Angels.Australia.MORNING NEWS

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25362561-421,00.html They have ordered their Australian chapters to take steps to restore its hard-core reputation but equally to begin repairing the Hells Angels' "brand" - by shooting at any Comanchero on sight.

The Angels have a long-held policy of "instant retaliation" and for more than 50 years worked to maintain its reputation as one of the most powerful bikie gangs in the world.

The Angels' American headquarters feels the Australian chapters have badly let that reputation down following escalations in the war with the Comanchero in recent months. The Angels have a long-held policy of "instant retaliation" and for more than 50 years worked to maintain its reputation as one of the most powerful bikie gangs in the world.

Edited by actiondell4

Hi! My name is Kevin and I'm President of The Samui Pirates MC

www.samuipirates.com

As we say on our website: "We are a biking Club, not a biker gang".

If you consider Samui is roughly the same size as the Isle Of Wight, then it 's pretty amazing that there are 5 Bike Clubs on the island:

Samui Pirates MC, Samui Riders MC, Sunriders MC, Independents MC and The Nowhere Riders MC. Thais and Farangs.

We all get along great and, between us, we have raise many hundreds of thousands of Baht for the local schools, hospitals, orphans etc. etc.

There is one Bandido living on the island and he's a really nice guy. We have Bike Club friends form all over Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. All of whom, it's a pleasure to see at all the Biker Weekends we attend. Never any trouble coz we are all brothers. We love to ride, we love to party and we spend a lot of time doing charity work. So we can't be all that bad.

cheers

post-73494-1240380954_thumb.jpg

www.samuipirates.com

If you consider Samui is roughly the same size as the Isle Of Wight, then it 's pretty amazing that there are 5 Bike Clubs on the island:

Samui Pirates MC, Samui Riders MC, Sunriders MC, Independents MC and The Nowhere Riders MC. Thais and Farangs.

We all get along great and, between us, we have raise many hundreds of thousands of Baht for the local schools, hospitals, orphans etc. etc.

There is one Bandido living on the island and he's a really nice guy. We have Bike Club friends form all over Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. All of whom, it's a pleasure to see at all the Biker Weekends we attend. Never any trouble coz we are all brothers. We love to ride, we love to party and we spend a lot of time doing charity work. So we can't be all that bad.

cheers

Thanks for that kevin,

Be round for a beer later

www.samuipirates.com

cheers

well said kevin...........

over the last 9 years i had made many good friends and met some very good people here,have never seen trouble at any event just good people having fun and seeing all the different clubs party together,only in thailand. :o long may it last

The next Mad Dog MC 'open party' is next weekend, Saturday 2nd May at the 'Handlebar', Lock road, Singapore where many bike clubs are expected to attend. Some of us are riding down although personally I'm flying as I can't spare the amount of time the ride takes. Everyone welcome, come and see S.E. Asia's clubs getting on together.

post-81129-1240458533_thumb.jpg

Edited by dogtim

The next Mad Dog MC 'open party' is next weekend, Saturday 2nd May at the 'Handlebar', Lock road, Singapore where many bike clubs are expected to attend. Some of us are riding down although personally I'm flying as I can't spare the amount of time the ride takes. Everyone welcome, come and see S.E. Asia's clubs getting on together.

sounds like a good night to be had ..but i will either go to killer mc party or bangkok bike festival on that date............

think its the 'village people' type outfits that puts people off .... all that leather and chains stuff ..??

If there's five bike clubs on Samui then it's probably what attracts members rather than puts them off.

dont mind stupid comments like that ..what does he want bikers to wear ...suits.....leather was for protection more than anything years ago ...now its mostly cordura,kevlar..gortex etc..coz the leather never was much good in the rain