So What Kind Of Advice Did Asean Leaders Give Thai Pm?

GuestHouse

There's a sick irony in the ASEAN Summit being brought to a standstill by Thais demanding Democracy - I only wonder what advice other ASEAN Leaders might have had to offer, they surely had in mind what their own response would have been had the demonstrations occurred on 'their patch'.

There's a sick irony in the ASEAN Summit being brought to a standstill by Thais demanding Democracy - I only wonder what advice other ASEAN Leaders might have had to offer, they surely had in mind what their own response would have been had the demonstrations occurred on 'their patch'.

Myanmar and China. Just shoot the barstewards.

ASEAN LEADER TOP TEN ADVICE/COMMENTS TO THAI PM:

10. "Okay, please tell us again what "Songkran" means?"

9. "Does "State of Emergency" mean the girls are still dancing at the Pattaya bars?"

8. "Thank goodness I didn't wear my RED tie"

7. "Please pass me some more of that Phad Thai while we're waiting for our rides"

6. "Now that we're cutting this short, can you pack up a souvenoir wooden elephant for the wife back home?"

5. "I've got my squirt gun and I'm ready!"

4. "That's it! Back to Jakarta and Somalia where it's safe!"

3. "They're partying like it's 1939!"

2. "That was one photo-shoot that I'll never forget"

1. "Where the hel_l is the heliport? I may just get to see some of the Master's tournament after all!"

this will get me banned  :o

passing comments from delegates as they leave...

1. brunei. well, at least your football team isn't as sh1t as ours... oh it is.

2.cambodia. psst, wanna buy a temple, going cheap.

3.indonesia. i see moody's still has an office in your country

4. laos. why do you need our girls to work in your MPs, don't you have enough sex trade workers of your own!

5. malaysia. first the south then the rest of the country!

6. myanmar. we give you drugs you take care of our refugee problem. fair trade.

7. philippines. you are lucky, your sex trade workers not look like monkey fall off ugly tree hitting every branch on way down. and they not need shave either.

8. singapore. look like we need to open go go bars again. electronic industry up sh1t creek.

9. vietnam. red shirt no communist. you sure?

Ernest

I don't know who he was, I turned on the TV in the middle of the interview, but one Asean leader said "We have nothing to worry about; they're just here to humiliate the Thai government".

During the same programm, they said Abhi was the first Asean leader to flee Pattaya in his helicopter...

Edited by Pierrot

this will get me banned :o

4. laos. why do you need our girls to work in your MPs, don't you have enough sex trade workers of your own!

7. philippines. you are lucky, your sex trade workers not look like monkey fall off ugly tree hitting every branch on way down. and they not need shave either.

8. singapore. look like we need to open go go bars again. electronic industry up sh1t creek.

Ernest

So what made you think you would get banned? Thinking up and posting Pure and Absolute Drivel is one of your rights.

What a crock of sh*t

5. Never invite us to Thailand again.

4. Have your security chief grow a set of gonads.

3. Why wasn't my helicopter here ten minutes ago?

2. My Foreign Minister will say it diplomatically, but you guys are still in the jungle.

1. Cancel the girls for tonight.

Wouldn't you have loved to been a fly on the wall when these things were said?!

Absolutely hilarious Blondie! :o

this will get me banned :D

Ernest

So what made you think you would get banned? Thinking up and posting Pure and Absolute Drivel is one of your rights.

What a crock of sh*t

redman

Your name says it all.

If wit was sh*t, you would be constipated.

:o

Ernest

What a crock of sh*t

redman

Your name says it all.

Yes, I suppose the old ones are the best

LOL..

Oh well, whatever happened, it's still better than the army shooting a couple hundred of them dead on the doorsteps of the Asean meeting..

No but a concussion grenade & hauling off the losers would garnish a lot more respect for Thailand in the rest of the worlds eyes.

It is like watching 10 year old children fighting here. Zero enforcement to any confrontation -----On the other hand as an Anarchist society Thailand is making the top of the charts. & strike the 10 year old remark- the kids seem to have more brains than the adults revolving around the government.

And I am not at all a warmonger & marched in the 60's against the war in Vietnam.

But enough is enough. It is tough to think about how much face they lose when they are using a scalpel to remove their own skin while shooting themselves in the foot. Maybe next year they get a raise to 1000 baht to sell their soul! :o

Ernest

What a crock of sh*t

redman

Your name says it all.

Yes, I suppose the old ones are the best

Rumours not allowed. Please. According to TV rules.

I don't know what they would have said to Abhisit but I'd guess most got together in the lounge at Swampy and agreed "Thank <deleted> we were all colonised by the Europeans and Americans, at least we know how to bust protestors heads."

The advice given the Thai prime minister should have been that he should hold a Thai summit on wealth disparity in Thailand between the wealthy Thai-Chineese elite and the absolute third world poverty felt by the majority of the Thai indigenous population who live outside Bangkok.

This after all is the major complaint of the red shirted protesters who by majority vote , three times democratically elected governments that were desolved by either a coup or protests by the wealthy elites .

The last straw and the biggest insult of all was when the yellow shirts ,, who by the way put the current prime minister in power suggested that the rural poor are to ignorant to know who they are voting for and should have a government appointed representative vote for them.

The Thai government needs to wake up to the fact that corrupt or not ,, good or bad Taksin woke up the poor from their centuries old feelings of being second class citizens ,,, to the fact that THEY are the majority and deserve more of a say in what happens to them and their children's furture. True democracy will never be acheived in Thailand as long as the majority does not get what and who they vote for ,,, go or bad ,,, its not for the elites or the military with their coups to decide for them.

The advice given the Thai prime minister should have been that he should hold a Thai summit on wealth disparity in Thailand between the wealthy Thai-Chineese elite and the absolute third world poverty felt by the majority of the Thai indigenous population who live outside Bangkok.

This after all is the major complaint of the red shirted protesters who by majority vote , three times democratically elected governments that were desolved by either a coup or protests by the wealthy elites .

The last straw and the biggest insult of all was when the yellow shirts ,, who by the way put the current prime minister in power suggested that the rural poor are to ignorant to know who they are voting for and should have a government appointed representative vote for them.

The Thai government needs to wake up to the fact that corrupt or not ,, good or bad Taksin woke up the poor from their centuries old feelings of being second class citizens ,,, to the fact that THEY are the majority and deserve more of a say in what happens to them and their children's furture. True democracy will never be acheived in Thailand as long as the majority does not get what and who they vote for ,,, go or bad ,,, its not for the elites or the military with their coups to decide for them.

A quality post. Obviously, and I am sure you know this, there are those who question the legitimacy of those previous elections. So if it is true democracy you are seeking, those elections aren't exactly the best examples, just better alternatives to military coups. :o

You are absolutely correct though concerning Thaksin and his mobilization of the poor; however it is probably best for them in the long run if Thaksin no longer remains their vehicle for social change. Make no mistake, Thaksin did some good things for them, but they shouldn't look to him to be their leader. I hope they find their own voice through a new leader who represents their cause more accurately and devoid of all the political baggage that someone like Thaksin brings. They also need a leader who can challenge the individuals just as much as he or she can challenge the political system.

Hey Digitalman,

You are correct the last thing the UDD needs is Taksin as a vehicle for social change, he has way too much baggage .

If they were smart they would choose as their spolesman or leader a grass roots (non violent message bearing ),,, Nelson Mandella,,, Ghandi type who commands respect by their simplicity and lack of political baggage with a real rural background and an honest sense of the needs of the poor.

Next , start mobilizing a mass march of people from the countyside on Bangkok ( assuming the Army and the government don't block the roads like they did when Takisn was ousted and his supporters from the countryside tried to rally in Bangkok ) . The next protest should include women and children ,,, as the yellow shirts were smart to do. I really doubt that the army composed mostly of conscripts from poor rural familes will fire on their aunts, uncles , cousins etc.

hel_l if the army blocks the roads into Bangkok ,, they should mobilize thousands of taxi drivers (90 percent of which are UDD supporters ) to simply park their cars in the middle of traffic and clog the streets in a non violent way. Bring Bangkok to a standstill.

That will get the government's attention.

Excuse me , did I hear someone say " you can't do that , your hurting the economy ,, its affecting tourism you can't do that bla bla bla ". Maybe so ,,

but did anyone stop to think that the people saying that are the rich elites, the government ,, who are the ones who really benefit from tourism dollars ,, duty free shops, tour group operators, shopping centers etc etc.

Its about time we heard someone say " you can do that , you should do that " , because in the long run if the goals are acheived ,, it will benefit 78 percent of the Thai people who are mostly poor , rural , and in many cases cannot even afford to send their children to school let alone eat a well balanced diet on a daily basis.

Huge ,, justified social and democratic change does not come about without any pain. So , to the owner of the duty free shop at the Bangkok airport ,,, we are sorry that your profits went down 10 percent on your Johnnie Walker Black Label (and I have my doubts its even origional since its imported from Singapore -- says so right on the box if you ever bought a case of 12 bottles ).

Yes indeed a bit of profit loss for the rich elites in Bangkok is a small price to pay for a whole nation of 68 million to finally have a say as to what goes on in THEIR OWN COUNTRY AND WITH THEIR OWN LIVES.

Viva the revolution and let it be a NON - VIOLENT one.

Gigiman

There are wealth gaps between wealthy and poor all over the world and the reasons are pretty much the same. Wealth and money matters are extremely simple. Those with more forethought and frugalness end up with most of it, no matter whether it's a handful of Jews, Swiss bankers, or Thai Chinese elite.

Sure, if you're holding the crap end of the stick, you try to convince yourself that it's really some kind of massive ponzi scheme or fraud... but common sense somewhere in the back of your mind makes you wonder how XX million of your countrymen all "fell for it."

You are correct the last thing the UDD needs is Taksin as a vehicle for social change, he has way too much baggage .

Gigiman

The UDD and Thaksin are inseperable. If social change is to come, which I hope we all wish for, it will need to come through another vehicle, as UDD was an instrument of Thaksin's rather than the other way round.

If they were smart they would choose as their spolesman or leader a grass roots (non violent message bearing ),,, Nelson Mandella,,, Ghandi type who commands respect by their simplicity and lack of political baggage with a real rural background and an honest sense of the needs of the poor.

Mandella started out as a terrorist who authorized bombings of innocent women and children and he refused to renounce violence as a political tool which is why he sent so much time in prison. His wife Winnie frequently used the practice of "necklacing," - a petrol-filled tyre is placed around the neck of a victim and set ablaze - to punish those that she had disagreements with.

Thaksin has a lot less "baggage" than Mandella. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.