Tanks Mobilised In Bangkok

george

Actually both sides do have tanks now. The protestors have seized at least two, plus immobilized numerous vehicles from the army. Ther is always a rambo under the protestors who know how to operate machine guns which they seem to have taken too or a tank.

The problem is of course that this government is very very hypocrite. They try to let us believe that seizing the summit was worse than two weeks Bangkok airport seizure. NOBODY is in jail for the airport seizure Than you can expect that the other side copy the methods.

In the end it is entertaining TV because if crooks like Newin are allowed to play a role than this government has no legitimacy either.

And Thaksin ain't a convicted felon? :o

That he may well be but,he is also an ex legally elected prime minister who was deposed by a mob! Everything you have seen happen since is the result of allowing a mob to dictate to a legally elected government. Not rocket science!

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what does everyone think is going to happen in the next 24 hrs or so?

Will the protestors call it a day and wait till morning?

Or do Thais tend to carry these things on into the night, too?

i think we'll see a severe escalation of things... the 'heads' are making their choices now as to where their loyalties lay... only a message from the king could stop what's about to happen at this point.

Thailand made it very clear to me they said I am only a guest here so what happens here is none of my business

what is my business is what Thailand banks gives me for my USD and I am tired of paying for inflated over valued Baht

maybe these riots will bring the true value of the baht

Here Here! Let's have 70 baht to the pound, and $2 to the pound again.... :o

I know all of you hate the red shirts, but I don't think anything they have done was even close to the stupidity of the yellow shirts shutting down the airport and damaging their own country's economy/their livelihood. I find what the reds are doing even a bit humorous.

Thailand made it very clear to me they said I am only a guest here so what happens here is none of my business

what is my business is what Thailand banks gives me for my USD and I am tired of paying for inflated over valued Baht

maybe these riots will bring the true value of the baht

Here Here! Let's have 70 baht to the pound, and $2 to the pound again.... :o

Things may look bad at the moment, but a crash of the dollar is probably still more likely than a crash of the baht.

simple to defuse:

arrest sondhi and chamlong, arrest the UDD leaders, convict them all to 2 years in jail so they can show us that they can take their responsibilities at the contrary of Toxin.

then send the Thai secret services to Dubai and make sure toxin gets involved in a fatal "accident" ..... no toxin = peace in Thailand

when there is a cancer, remove the tumor

PROBLEM! REACTION! SOLUTION!

Think outside the box :o

That's been my thinking all along. The thing is they're letting that rat eat up an awful lot of the cheese and one has to wonder if the spring mechanism is functioning.

Good point. However, one speculates that the more cheese taken then the more support towards the 'final solution'! Remember the PM is no fool and is well versed in western inteligence tactics. And is going for check mate :D

This country goes through governments, quicker than Newcastle goes through mangers. Lets just be thankful that at least booze wasn't banned over songkran - At least we can have a few beers while we watch the country tear itself a new arsehol_e

Hahaha .. here is one to you! And Happy Songkran everyone! Some water over the guns and tanks, sorry APC's can't do them much harm .. or can it? ;-)

BCC is reporting, "Tanks been Hi-jacked on Bangkok streets by Red Shirts". They are showing footage of red shirt people jumping all over the tanks and seen to have control of them. BBC reported the tanks were taken over with no resistance !!!!!

So there are now tanks in Bangkok streets under the control of red shirts. It's kind of comical. I wonder how much tea money to the tank drivers????

Hehe... Indeed it is comical. It really is embarrassing for this country. They can't even maintain law and order from a disruption by a relatively small mob of thugs. I hate to think of what would happen if another country invaded.

The only thing "comical" about this are all the posters here on TV telling the Thai army what it can and can't do. If you've been in this country for decades you will realise that, when they want to, the Thai army can do what they like, kill who they like (or rather, dislike) and smash whatever they want. Sure, the foreign media and governments will squeal, but in the end, what can they do about it? The bodies of 1992 still haven't been found, those responsible have never been tried, and the country continued as normal, including foreign investment and tourism wise, very shortly after it all ended. All the newbies seem to base their views of the Thai army on the incompetent conscripts running around with the red shirts, and forget that it also contains some very nasty people indeed, who will stop at nothing to defend their own interests. It will be interesting to see what all the cheap thugs, running around with molotov cocktails, rocks and sticks, attacking unarmed cars and anyone wearing the wrong colour, do once the border patrol police and elite troops are sent into Bangkok. Despite all the brave talk here of civil war, the more militant of them may be stupid enough to fight, but I suspect most will run away like the cowardly bullies they are.

I know all of you hate the red shirts, but I don't think anything they have done was even close to the stupidity of the yellow shirts shutting down the airport and damaging their own country's economy/their livelihood. I find what the reds are doing even a bit humorous.

yeah beating up people into pulp, beating up gays, attempting to the life of a prime minister and a privy council and wanting to reinstate a mafia government and his head dictator is really humorous...... i can't breath it's so funny

On BBC worldnews, defiantly full sized tanks, with red shirts doing vioctory dances on them with wood and steal bars in their hands. The Army guys had big smiles, welcome to LOS !!!! :o

Looks like it will be a new difinition of 'low season' this year. A real shame for the silent majority.

Always knew they should have been colonised by the Brits and had some common sense and honesty knocked into them. You don;t get this sort of carry on in Singapore now do you?

Singaporean style government is exactly what Thaksin wants to have in Thailand.

simple to defuse:

arrest sondhi and chamlong, arrest the UDD leaders, convict them all to 2 years in jail so they can show us that they can take their responsibilities at the contrary of Toxin.

then send the Thai secret services to Dubai and make sure toxin gets involved in a fatal "accident" ..... no toxin = peace in Thailand

Who's Toxin? May as well get rid of Abhishit.

That's a very fine example of how ones percetion of reality can become so skewed. Mushrooms?

This country goes through governments, quicker than Newcastle goes through mangers.

Bobby Robson would probably do a better job.

Abhisit always wanted to be a Newcastle striker, he said so himself. Why not trade Bobby Robson for Abhisit?

Who's Toxin? May as well get rid of Abhishit.

maybe you are not aware that at least Abhisit is legitimate as he came second in the elections and the winning party has been disbanded due to electoral fraud..... also i chalenge anyone here to show us of any closet skeleton, fraud, malfeasance or corruption directly liked to Abhisit at the contrary of the notorious bad deeds of the TRT, PPP, MAFIA that was in place before.....

the only mistake of the present government is to have let sondhi and chamlong free. have they prosecuted and jailed them , they could now act against the UDD mongoloids ruining the country.

I'm very confused. What is the army supposed to be doing, celebrating with the reds?

simple really... this dispute is between the few rich and corrupt in Thailand and all the other people

the retired and current military commanders are the main rich, the yellowshirts and the Democrat government are their agents

the soldiers, police, etc identify with everyone else (including the redshirts)

interesting to see just how many soldiers obey their orders ....

Humorous I think you better get yourself checked into a Hospital

In Switzerland, I can’t follow events on television so I am glad to have these topics on ThaiVisa. I also search Youtube for videos and so far saw these, apparently recorded from Thai television.

Shouldn't a soldier who lets his army vehicle get seized by a protester be court-martialled? What kind of army is this?

--

Maestro

simple really... this dispute is between the few rich and corrupt in Thailand and all the other people

the retired and current military commanders are the main rich, the yellowshirts and the Democrat government are their agents

you are joking right????? seriously no one can be so gullible .....

Just a few years back it was fashionable to wear shirts of many colours, or whatever colour jacket the King wore when he left hospital. In the future, yellow, red and now blue will be taboo. No more 'reds' watching football matches.

Always knew they should have been colonised by the Brits and had some common sense and honesty knocked into them. You don;t get this sort of carry on in Singapore now do you?

I agree DragonFly. Iam not a Brit. However Iam sure if the Thais were colonized, they

would have alot more common sense :o . eg Malayasia,Singapore

Haha... yeah, and Cambodia, Vietnam, and Burma. Common sense indeed!

Yes, and India and Pakistan...and let's not forget the most peaceful region, Palestine!....I think the Brits are suffering from selective memory.

Shouldn't a soldier who lets his army vehicle get seized by a protester be court-martialled? What kind of army is this?

--

Maestro

exactly what i thought while watching this on TV, just think what would happen if cambodia attacked us !!!!

also the monk beating up Abhisit's car should be defrocked ... if not hung by the balls .... so much shame for Buddhism, he can't be a real monk.

The lunitics have taken over the asylum.

Many of the less hard core Reds returned to their home towns for Songkran and much discussion on the rights and wrongs will be had over Songkran. Any reinforcements or not for the reds will come from this.

Im up here at the moment and there are just to many rummors to belive.

The only thing i know is that this time it can't play out well.

Will the last one leaving please turn off the lights

simple to defuse:

arrest sondhi and chamlong,

Right!

When this will be done, the reds will not have any point to disturb daily life.

Unfortunately, Abhisit is just a puppet and will not have the guts.

He's English after all.

:-)

simple to defuse:

There are a couple of minor challenges with this scenario.

1) Someone would have to make a decision. What if the other side got back in? Who wants to be on receiving end of the retribution.

2) Thai secret service?? :o:D :D As to them actually being able to do some thing, well, they seem to have some challenges keeping the PM out of harm's way, can't see them operating in a country that does not speak Thai or follow Thai mores. They actually shoot criminals in the Arab states.