Any One Know What To Do In This Situation?

Any one know what to do in this situation? I am irish age 26 ,company director

was hoping to go back to bangkok annd live there for a period of 2-3 years, the new visa regulations have made this a very difficult plan indeed

I own 1 business in ireland that i can continue to run online from thailand which should bring in enough cash every month to cover thai rent and expenses

I have been looking at the visa system and the work permit procedures and its dam_n near impossible to live there peacefully without constantly worrying about dates and stamps and documents

is there something im missing or is the only two ways to stay in bangkok by tourist visa or work permit ?

I could probably get a job teaching english quite easily but do i really have to pretend im an english teacher to be allowed to stay in thailand without having to constantly do visa runs every few weeks

if someone could advise me on what to do in this situation id be eternally grateful as its not looking very clear to me at the moment

thanks

mike

The best you could hope for would be a Non Imm O Visa Multi Entry. This gives up to 15 months stay but would need a border run every 90 days. You would probably have to get this from the Thai Consulate in Hull. http://www.thaiconsul.co.uk/

Another option is to study at a Thai Language School. See the banners at the top of the page.

Also your plans to run your business from Thailand may well be illegal as you would need a Work Permit.

Hello wana, you might look into an education visa to learn about Thailand, the culture, and the language. There are many schools that advertise in Thailand to teach the foreigners the Thai language, and I do not know how strict the schools are in their testing so it could be an easy thing if they want the money from your tuition more than the result of your education. It would be a good thing to check with the government of Thailand to know if the school is accredited or has a license for this kind of visa. Many of the educatiion visa schools can enroll you for a year, and you might get another education visa after the first year to enrich your knowledge as I do not know how many education visas one may use.

Cheers

From what I heard it aint easy for paddies to get jobs teaching as they mostly look for native English speakers.

Might be worthwhile shelving that plan for a while.

typical labeling everyone paddies!

Bahookie is talking a load of the old Shiite! very easy to get a teaching job here mate whether or not you would be wanting to working with racist idiots like bahookie or not is another thing. good luck whatever you decide to do

From what I heard it aint easy for paddies to get jobs teaching as they mostly look for native English speakers.

Might be worthwhile shelving that plan for a while.

Most Irish speak better English than a lot of the English do. :o

To the OP, at your age (and you're lucky to be in your situation with so much life ahead of you) it's either the ED visa or the non-immi O's and 90 day border runs. Think not of it as an obstacle but merely a minor penalty for your good fortune. :D

thanks for all those replies everyone ,

I think i will try applying from the non immigrant o visa before i get there

someone told me u need a thai address, 2month old thai bank account with 800,000 baht in it or you will be refused

for an non immigrant o visa so its necessary to get a tourist visa first to get all those things organised

is this accurate ?

Stop listening to "someone". That is the requirement for a long stay (retirement) extension of stay for those over age 50. You should be able to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa from Hull in the UK by mail and that allows unlimited stays of 90 days each. You do so to visit friends.