Arrest Warrants Issued For 14 Red Shirt Leaders And Thaksin

bangkokrick

"I didn't do it" : Thaksin

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra yesterday issued a second statement on Friday, denying that he had pulled the strings behind the violent protest during Songkran.

Thaksin said he had to issue the statement to protect himself and his family and supporters from falling victim to mudslinging by any party.

He said he disapproved of violence as a political campaign tool. "Although I have been calling for democracy and justice for the Thai people, I am not behind the political unrest,'' he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-02

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra yesterday issued a second statement on Friday, denying that he had pulled the strings behind the violent protest during Songkran.

Thaksin said he had to issue the statement to protect himself and his family and supporters from falling victim to mudslinging by any party.

He said he disapproved of violence as a political campaign tool. "Although I have been calling for democracy and justice for the Thai people, I am not behind the political unrest,'' he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-02

Yes, he must 'protect his family from mudslinging',

while he slings the vilest mud at all but the highest level of Thailand's people.

And thus putting them and their families at risk from his supporters violent actions.

Yoh, tootsie roll can't have it both ways.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-02

Yes, he must 'protect his family from mudslinging',

while he slings the vilest mud at all but the highest level of Thailand's people.

And thus putting them and their families at risk from his supporters violent actions.

Yoh, tootsie roll can't have it both ways.

Al Jazeera called hom on incitement in a live interview. All but the most red beleive he was behind it. Thye biggest reason being he pulled his entire family out first. As soon as this happened violence was predicted for Bangkok. If he had left them he may have a better case.

His problem is the MPs may start to want to switch after the PR debacle of red riot and threatened infernos.

Hi.

Koo, if you like to support the poor, how about living on 5,000 Baht yourself and donate the rest to farmers in Isan? I guess within three months they'd make YOU the next prime minister. 5,000 Baht is a LOT of money for farmers, believe me, there are farmers in my boyfriend's family. And i tell you what, if you hose not to believe me it's up to you - i'd rather be a farmer than what i am now. I don't need a lot of money, i have other priorities.

Only Thaksin bought enough votes to win an election - and made his followers claim "that was democratic". Like yourself, Koo, you still say it was oh-so democratic... despite it being election fraud, plain and simple.

I'm not interested in cars nor UBC. It is now True, not UBC. I live like a regular Thai and people think I'm poor. I don't show off. I don't do stuff that rich people like to do. Our money is circulating and is invested in our children's education. We don't have free cash to spend like rich Thais.

I don't think we need to discuss further into this. I don't need to tell people in a forum how poor or not poor I am. I just used my case to show that if you think people are paid to protest, you are wrong. They get free foods and free drinks? Yes.

How do you think only Thai Rak Thai / People's Power Party and Peua Thai bought votes and Democrat Party did not buy votes? Do you know how much each party spent for an election? Look at what they do. Don't trust what they talk. This explains why Khun Thaksin won 2 elections. He did what he promised during election campaigns.

When they get money from everyone, they will vote for the one who makes their lives better, the one they love, and the one who respects them. Tell Abhisit's party to give 200 Baht to those in the North and Isaan and see if they will vote for Democrat.

I don't need to use my money directly to support the poor. If we have democracy, the party people vote for is the party who works for people, and people will get better lives. I protest with the reds for that reason.

The party running Thailand now is not the party majority Thai voted for. This party, Democrat, has their care to army, PAD, Newin group, coalition parties, elite, top police and so on, and poor Thai at bottom of the list. If MPs told people "Vote for me. I'll vote for Abhisit to be PM", see how many votes they can get.

And soldiers beat people who attack soldiers. Or when they are commanded to beat people - that's what they are soldiers for. In war, soldiers even shoot at people - because it is their job as soldiers. If one of your red followers were to attack me he could taste my foot, too - regardless of my political orientation.

I hope you didn't mean soldiers were beaten by the reds at Din Daeng, so they shot the reds.

The reds want to be in peace with all soldiers and police, so that they won't obey their boss's order to clear the reds.

Some photos? They took tanks thinking army would have made another coup, and no soldier has reported to be beaten:

tankapr2009b.jpg_45658621_007164232-1.jpg

what was with the burning buses? Do you have an explanation for that, Koo? And don't avoid that question, please. Why the reds did so much physical damage? Why didn't they just occupy the government house, but instead smashed up cars and set buses on fire?

Answer me that, please. And no bullshit like "that were yellows who pretended to be reds".

Some more photos?

PAD at Suvarnabhumi:

610x4.jpg

The blues in Pattaya:

1239434726.jpg

Do they look like the reds at all?

Please, next time wear red and show the faces so they look like red:

610x2.jpg610x1.jpg

what was with the burning buses? Do you have an explanation for that, Koo? And don't avoid that question, please. Why the reds did so much physical damage? Why didn't they just occupy the government house, but instead smashed up cars and set buses on fire?

Answer me that, please. And no bullshit like "that were yellows who pretended to be reds".

Some more photos?

PAD at Suvarnabhumi:

610x4.jpg

The blues in Pattaya:

1239434726.jpg

610x2.jpg610x1.jpg

I guess Koo can't avoid the BS. (S)he really believes that this "third hand", trying to discredit the reds, is going to dress in non red shirts. What would be the point? "Let's burn some buses and blame the reds. And to really convince everyone that it was the reds, we'll dress in grey". What a crock of <deleted>. Proof?

1. Thaksin sent his family from Thailand because he knew of the upcoming violence. His plan was to provoke the army into overreacting, thus killing some of the rioters. His pre written spiels on CNN are further evidence of this.

2. Jakropob has called for "guerilla tactics".

3. The trashing of Abhisit's car, and beating of the driver, was undenyably done by red supporters, as was the hurling of paving stones and acid at government cars a few months ago.

4. The bleating by the reddites over whether the army used live bullets or not. Come on guys, you're either concerned because the protestors were red, in which case your claims that they weren't are a pack of lies, or the protestors were fake, in which case why the concern? Get your story straight, there must be at least one intelligent red supporter out there?

While the yellows, who didn't destroy anything, would likely have gotten fines for causing public disturbances, if at all (remember - peacefully occupying streets or buildings is legitimate protest, setting buses on fire is NOT).

They said one old bus which was burnt cost 1 million Baht. About 30 buses were burnt.

How do you explain the word "destroy"? Stand at Suvarnabhumi and see how many airplanes go up and down. How many times a day Thai Inter alone has their planes up? They're not the only airlines there.

Each passenger spends a few thousand Baht for one ticket. If they fly long distance, ticket costs at least 40,000 Baht. About 100,000 Baht if they fly business class. I remember airlines last year said they do not refund because political reason is not covered.

350,000 passengers in 8 days.

If 1 passenger spends an extra 2,000 Baht per day for the flight delay (taxi back to town, meals, foods, hotels), the extra money is 700,000,000 Baht per day. Times that 8 days. Remember the government gave free hotels to them last year? I don't calculate ticket cost.

What about people who can't export and import for 8 days plus extra days after PAD left? Other tour companies? People going for important meetings?

2 photos to refresh your memory what PAD did like peaceful protestors:

P7681079-29.jpg

pad5.jpg

Do I miss reports when and where 52 buses were hijacked? One driver and one fare seller each bus. Total 104 people. How many bus owners? Are all of them happy when buses were hijacked?

No passengers when the buses were hijacked?

If yes, how many passengers per bus? They have hand phones with camera right? I took buses and I heard ringing tones all the time.

If one bus has 15 passengers, we have 780 people to answer reporters.

So did 17 people per bus let one red get in and hijack the bus? I saw on tv often 1 person drove the bus in.

If they didn't let the red hijack, how did the reds manage to hijack if there was only one red?

Soldiers shot since 4:00 and they were all over the place. Later on soldiers came near Government House. Reds couldn't get inside to join the protest at main base. How could be buses get in? Jatupon went around to see the scene and was not allowed to go back inside.

Koo do you have to post so many pictures especially as we have all seen them on numerous previous occasions. They prove nothing and we will shortly have only one post a page if this carries on. Think about the people with slow connections.

In the main it does not matter what the reds and the yellows have done in the past. The important thing for Thailand is to find a solution to the problems so that the country can move forward and this should be achieved by political means not by violent protests. Think about Thailand for a change and not point scoring over other posters.

I personally do not think that there will be any long term solution while Mr T is still at large. He still holds the key.

Cheers, Rick

Koo.

I don't know how many buses the reds burned but they were not all "old" buses. I personally came across three of the modern, clean, orange buses that are air conditioned and were destroyed (burned) by the reds. Those sure cost more than one million Baht.

Anyway the yellows did not burn ONE bus. And The Airport Blockade was entirely peaceful, without even a window broken. Maybe you have lost 150 Baht in the process, out of your 100,000 you earn per month? Is that why you keep beating that dead horse? And don't give me BS about being "unable to export". Ever heard of trucks, trains, ships and alternative airports? As i mentioned earlier, who really had to get out of the country could do so without problems. However people (same as you) prefer to whine and complain instead of switching on their brain and find a solution.

And once again regarding the vote buying. If the Democrat party bought votes then how come they are not dissolved? I bet Thaksin would have been very happy if he could get rid of them while he was still in power. Yet even TRT and Thaksin's government did not find a legal reason to demolish the Democrat Party. I do believe they bought votes, however not in a scale as TRT/PPP did. Which is why, i hope you are starting to understand, Thaksin DID NOT WIN THE ELECTIONS, HE BOUGHT THEM. Which id NOT democratic. It's called FRAUD.

And i do not know one single farmer who's live has gotten anyhow better under Thaksin. If anything it's gotten WORSE, because they got loans which they used to buy televisions and mobile phones, and had to pay them back - from what? More farmers are deeply in debt now than they were before Thaksin. But short-sighted as those people are, the 200 Baht they got for their vote were sufficient to buy one 1-2-Call refill card (and there Thaksin had his money right back) and they love him ever so much because those 200 Baht "made their life better" for a couple of days.

As i said, i have farmers in the extended family, i know what i am talking about.

Regards.....

Thanh

Do I miss reports when and where 52 buses were hijacked? One driver and one fare seller each bus. Total 104 people. How many bus owners? Are all of them happy when buses were hijacked?

If yes, how many passengers per bus? They have hand phones with camera right? I took buses and I heard ringing tones all the time.

So did 17 people per bus let one red get in and hijack the bus? I saw on tv often 1 person drove the bus in.

If they didn't let the red hijack, how did the reds manage to hijack if there was only one red?

Soldiers shot since 4:00 and they were all over the place. Later on soldiers came near Government House. Reds couldn't get inside to join the protest at main base. How could be buses get in? Jatupon went around to see the scene and was not allowed to go back inside.

You have now moved into the realm of fantasy. Trying to deny what thousands of people witnessed, and what all major news organisations reported. Here's a link to the google search result for "bangkok riot bus burnt" http://www.google.co.nz/search?sourceid=na...riots+bus+burnt 53,700 results. Feel free to read them all and come to the logical conclusion that your red shirts did burn buses, they did push them off overpasses, they did set them moving in attempts to run down soldiers, and anyone who says otherwise is, however confused, credulous or simple minded, they may be, a lier.

The reds want to be in peace with all soldiers and police, so that they won't obey their boss's order to clear the reds.

Is that why this guy is yelling "heeya" at them?

What is the translation of that Koo? Is it a friendly greeting? And why are these red shirts throwing bricks at unarmed firemen?

I was out there- i took those videos. what I saw was a bunch of drunken thugs whose only goal was to provoke a violent reaction from the army.

Just because I saw what I saw does not mean I am a yellow supporter - what they did was wrong too. But how you can continue to deny that the reds were out to cause civil unrest resulting in the violent overthrow of the government, at the direction of the big square head, shows a real lack of ability to see the reality of the situation.

oh, and for the BSH to now deny that he had anything to do with what went on just shows what a chickenhawk he is - he tried to take advantage of people by paying them 500 baht to show up and do his bidding. now that it has turned into a disaster, he's running. This is the guy you want back? wow. :)

Edited by Netfan

And once again regarding the vote buying. If the Democrat party bought votes then how come they are not dissolved?

That's the miracle. Those who are with the ruling class will never go wrong. Those who please the people but do not please the ruling class will go down even for cooking on tv.

Do you know how red cards and black cards have been given after election?

Some more photos?

PAD at Suvarnabhumi:

610x4.jpg

The blues in Pattaya:

1239434726.jpg

610x2.jpg610x1.jpg

I guess Koo can't avoid the BS. (S)he really believes that this "third hand", trying to discredit the reds, is going to dress in non red shirts. What would be the point? "Let's burn some buses and blame the reds. And to really convince everyone that it was the reds, we'll dress in grey". What a crock of <deleted>. Proof?

1. Thaksin sent his family from Thailand because he knew of the upcoming violence. His plan was to provoke the army into overreacting, thus killing some of the rioters. His pre written spiels on CNN are further evidence of this.

2. Jakropob has called for "guerilla tactics".

3. The trashing of Abhisit's car, and beating of the driver, was undenyably done by red supporters, as was the hurling of paving stones and acid at government cars a few months ago.

4. The bleating by the reddites over whether the army used live bullets or not. Come on guys, you're either concerned because the protestors were red, in which case your claims that they weren't are a pack of lies, or the protestors were fake, in which case why the concern? Get your story straight, there must be at least one intelligent red supporter out there?

The red riot has been a total PR disaster for Thaksin and team red. Anyone who is not a red supporte ror symathiser believes it was organised, set up and enacted by team red. Even some reddites will admit that. To try and overcome the PR disaster a huge conspiracy theory has to built. Right now all the red PR activists are out on instructions pedaling the same story to the media and anyone who will listen in an effor to reverse the disaster that Songkhran was for them by disgusting so many neutrals not to mention some red sympathisers on the softer side.

Your points are pretty well made although there was also probably an intention to try and get team yellow onto the streets as well. In the end all they got was a well conducted military operation in whihc we csan conclude csasualties were well low as hospitals were not packed with injured and somebody hastily assembling a small force of blues at Pattaya that was brushed aside. What they got but they didnt exopect was ordinary people of Bangkok attacking them after the riot. While not condoning that it easy to understand why it happened especailly when factoring in Songkhran revelry, alcohol and the fact that most people are sick of street mobs. That team red is then accusing all of them of being organised yellows and blues is ludicrous. The group that ran team red off at Din Daeng even included red sympathisers who didnt want to be threatened.

Academically quite how far team red get with this propoganda drive will be interesting to analyse though. They do have a good record of marketing what is not exactly as it is marketed. To date though it doesnt seem to be gaining traction.

He didn't go down for cooking on TV.

He did go down for cooking on TV and taking money for that (!) plus lying about it (!!) when he stated that he did NOT get money for it. And such a liar does not deserve to hold public office.

But you seem to love liars more than anything, right, Koo?

So, it's "a miracle" that the Democrats were not dissolved by Thaksin for vote buying? Maybe, just maybe, it is because they simply didn't do it? Oh my gosh, Koo, wake up from your day-dreams. I know love makes blind, but one day you are going to realize that your love for Thaksin will not be returned - as all he loves is MONEY and nothing but MONEY. He even divorced his wife for one reason only - to save his money, which is in her name now, from being frozen...... a good family man, your Thaksin.... may he rot in hel_l, if such place exists.

Regards....

Thanh

Is that why this guy is yelling "heeya" at them?

What is the translation of that Koo? Is it a friendly greeting? And why are these red shirts throwing bricks at unarmed firemen?

I was out there- i took those videos. what I saw was a bunch of drunken thugs whose only goal was to provoke a violent reaction from the army.

Sounds like "here" or "hear" to me :)

Question: are all people being near the reds are the reds? Are all people wearing reds are real reds?

I don't deny they might get drunk. During the red meetings, I heard many times they asked sellers not to sell alcohol to the reds, knowing some reds drink alcohol.

Why didn't you show videos the reds where shot by soldiers when it was dark? Do they have a reason to hate these soldiers?

The reds always negotiate. If nothing happens, the reds are like this:

pictu241.jpgpictu233.jpg

He did go down for cooking on TV and taking money for that (!) plus lying about it (!!) when he stated that he did NOT get money for it. And such a liar does not deserve to hold public office.

But you seem to love liars more than anything, right, Koo?

So, it's "a miracle" that the Democrats were not dissolved by Thaksin for vote buying?

From what I got from watching tv, they helped Khun Samak's gasoline cost for 5,000 Baht to cook. It's like Khun Samak must drive there to cook so they pay for the gasoline cost. He cooked like an invited famous guest, not receiving payment for appearing on the cooking shows. The problem is with the 2550 Constitution Law, government people are not allowed to take benefit for more than 3,000 Baht.

Still remember Abhisit sent out sms for free to a few million Thai mobile numbers? Taking benefits more than 3,000 Baht? Of course he said telephone companies gave him free sms.

What did Khun Samak lie about?

Is Abhisit not a liar when he said "won't use violence to the reds" and "will make laws become laws"? PAD left Suvarnabhumi since December and until now they are still free.

Do you know that Prime Minister cannot dissolve parties? They dissolve his Thai Rak Thai Party.

The Constitution Law made by army after the coup has ridiculous things in it to dissolve parties and to ban politicians. Otherwise next life in the last afternoon, Abhisit is still dreaming about being a PM.

You have now moved into the realm of fantasy. Trying to deny what thousands of people witnessed, and what all major news organisations reported. Here's a link to the google search result for "bangkok riot bus burnt" http://www.google.co.nz/search?sourceid=na...riots+bus+burnt 53,700 results. Feel free to read them all and come to the logical conclusion that your red shirts did burn buses, they did push them off overpasses, they did set them moving in attempts to run down soldiers, and anyone who says otherwise is, however confused, credulous or simple minded, they may be, a lier.

The right thing to print is "buses being burnt" because you can't know who brought these buses in.

How do you believe that the reds hijacked all those buses and burnt? Because Abhisit's people said so? When only their tv channels are on and all reds tv, radios and websites are closed, how can you believe all they said?

How do you know what actually happen when I see no reds on tv? They said about an event without the reds on the spot!

Even the video of a red man who survived the shooting on 13th April was not allowed to be shown in Parliament on 22rd April.

Where can the reds get those things to bring on the stage? No violence and more than 100 are wounded?

DSC3-130452.jpg

Do you believe Abhisit's people when they said no real bullets were used?

DSC_0292blankbulletwhat.jpg

In the main it does not matter what the reds and the yellows have done in the past. The important thing for Thailand is to find a solution to the problems so that the country can move forward and this should be achieved by political means not by violent protests.

Correct.

Not by violent protests trying to knock a Prime Minister coming from election. Khun Thaksin, Khun Samak and Khun Somchai coming from a party having most members faced yellow protests all the time.

Not by driving tanks into Bangkok to make a coup if the PM is not the person they want.

Solution is people must obey laws: those who kill others must go to jail. Those who block airport must face charges (life sentence?). Law is for everyone, not only the reds. If the yellows and blues are living above laws, how can we achieve a peaceful state? When the reds claimed they did not bring all of these 52 buses in and burnt 30, and people don't give them a chance to defense themselves, how can you expect them to stay quiet? They might hijack some, but not all these 52 buses. When they said their friends and family are missing after 13th April and Abhisit's people repeatedly said "no death", they must look for the truth. How can you conclude "no death" a few hours after an event? And the soldiers shot in the dark at 4 o'clock with many soldier trucks! To carry what? The reds have the right to know what happened.

If they still close DStation and let ASTV run, how can they expect the reds to stay quiet? What are they trying to hide? In Parliament meetings when Jatupon talked, some provinces phoned and said they could hear the sound.

Why didn't you show videos the reds where shot by soldiers when it was dark?

uhhhhhh...because it didn't happen?????

They did shoot.

DSC_0480.jpg

Rule to clear protestor: negotiation. If not work, water. If not work, tear gas.

No gun can be used to shoot protestors. Now you see the reason the reds got mad?

This is really getting tiresome.

It doesn't matter if something is countered 20 pages back in another thread, the same rants come back 10 times per week and always without any proof, just allegations.

Now apparently Abhisit has 'used violence' towards the red. :)

In the main it does not matter what the reds and the yellows have done in the past. The important thing for Thailand is to find a solution to the problems so that the country can move forward and this should be achieved by political means not by violent protests.

Correct.

Not by violent protests trying to knock a Prime Minister coming from election. Khun Thaksin, Khun Samak and Khun Somchai coming from a party having most members faced yellow protests all the time.

Not by driving tanks into Bangkok to make a coup if the PM is not the person they want.

Solution is people must obey laws: those who kill others must go to jail. Those who block airport must face charges (life sentence?). Law is for everyone, not only the reds. If the yellows and blues are living above laws, how can we achieve a peaceful state? When the reds claimed they did not bring all of these 52 buses in and burnt 30, and people don't give them a chance to defense themselves, how can you expect them to stay quiet? They might hijack some, but not all these 52 buses. When they said their friends and family are missing after 13th April and Abhisit's people repeatedly said "no death", they must look for the truth. How can you conclude "no death" a few hours after an event? And the soldiers shot in the dark at 4 o'clock with many soldier trucks! To carry what? The reds have the right to know what happened.

If they still close DStation and let ASTV run, how can they expect the reds to stay quiet? What are they trying to hide? In Parliament meetings when Jatupon talked, some provinces phoned and said they could hear the sound.

It is called spin. To date there is no credible evidence. That may change, or it may not. Until it does it remains conjecture, claim and PRwise spin.

The red riot as it is seen has been a PR disaster and now the red side are attempting to try and change the debate but it is a struggle as outside of red supporters there are few who believe it was anything but a red riot planned and encatce d by th ereds. One reason for this is Thaksin pulled his family from the country thereby telegraphing violence and then going on TV to incite it, which Al Jazeera called him on. It is imperative for Thaksin and his allies to reset this disaster. However, without corroborated evidence from independent sources people are going to believe what they saw live on TV - both international and local. It is quite simple really.

This is really getting tiresome.

It doesn't matter if something is countered 20 pages back in another thread, the same rants come back 10 times per week and always without any proof, just allegations.

Now apparently Abhisit has 'used violence' towards the red. :)

Bear in mind there is a huge propoganda campaign going on to rewrite what people saw live on TV with their own eyes. Expect more and more of this. It could well be part of the campaign itself.

< non-answer snipped >

Do you get the feeling koo doesn't read your post, Thanh?