Finished House Picture (Views and Gardens Welcome)

Let me first thank you for all the praising comments on my house. I just looked in the mirror and with all those feathers on my hat I start to look like a real Indian.biggrin.png

Let me add one myself, the house was completely designed by myself from ground up including the blueprints made. These blueprints were handed to the Orbotor who then compiled their own version for the building license.

It is designed with some Portugese and Spanish tastes in mind and turned out exactly as I wanted it.

Now if I could find some good maid, as to keep the place clean and tidy takes some effort, and that is actually not what I had in mind when I moved to Thailand.

@ Doglover : the gutters are regular galvanized ones which are threated with a 2 components ( epoxy) primer and then painted in the color of choice.

For those that are inquiring about the cost, I'm not the kind that likes to talk about money, especially on an open forum, but feel free to make me a serious offer by PM and you will know you had it right if you receive a response with the request to deposit the down payment.smile.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some photos of the pool, nearly finished. Also the outdoor verandah area. Outdoor area still needs flooring to be finished. looked at many tiles but am now leaning towards sand wash as they have some great colors & patterns for it.

jbrian we also found those bricks for putting on rendered walls great. You can see in the picture they are the same as on your place.

post-165913-0-96617600-1370823089_thumb.

post-165913-0-25151800-1370823111_thumb.

post-165913-0-74358000-1370823130_thumb.

post-165913-0-73340200-1370823259_thumb.

Some photos of the pool, nearly finished. Also the outdoor verandah area. Outdoor area still needs flooring to be finished. looked at many tiles but am now leaning towards sand wash as they have some great colors & patterns for it.

jbrian we also found those bricks for putting on rendered walls great. You can see in the picture they are the same as on your place.

That's a hell of pool you have there, hope you don't have to clean that yourself every day.

I notice you have the same sandstone as me, but at least you took some time or found the right craftsmen to fit them in a nice pattern.

Be careful with too much sand wash as it isn't easy to keep it clean. I still have more than 40 sqm of the terra cotta clay tiles you see on my walk ways, if you are interested.

That's a hell of pool you have there, hope you don't have to clean that yourself every day.

I notice you have the same sandstone as me, but at least you took some time or found the right craftsmen to fit them in a nice pattern.

Be careful with too much sand wash as it isn't easy to keep it clean. I still have more than 40 sqm of the terra cotta clay tiles you see on my walk ways, if you are interested.

Wont be me cleaning the pool thats for sure.

Yeah the guys did a pretty good job on the sandstone. wasn't easy but the missus was there most days whenever they where working, for us it seemed like a good finish for the rendering.

Noted on the sand wash. Thanks.

Will talk to the boss about the tiles are you in the Pattaya area ?

Presume that is stamped concrete on the driveway . Holding up OK?

Baboy, that looks pretty good. I like the sandstone pattern a lot.

What kind of material is used for the ceilings. Looks like wood.

Khun Jean,

thanks. Yeah the outdoor ceiling is wood. It matches the eves all the way around the house. We used a lot of wood in the house. Trimmed all the recessed ceilings & even indoor window sills. I have posted some photos below of the main entrance before the wood was treated, now looks the same as photo in other post. Also a photo of the ceilings downstairs & bedroom doors. The staircase is actually cement with wood layer over it. Have used this on a previous house & works out well.

Sorry for the size of the files, will resize the next lot.

post-165913-0-51408700-1370924952_thumb.

post-165913-0-15889200-1370924998_thumb.

post-165913-0-43986900-1370925232_thumb.

post-165913-0-70472800-1370925385_thumb.

Wont be me cleaning the pool thats for sure.

Yeah the guys did a pretty good job on the sandstone. wasn't easy but the missus was there most days whenever they where working, for us it seemed like a good finish for the rendering.

Noted on the sand wash. Thanks.

Will talk to the boss about the tiles are you in the Pattaya area ?

Presume that is stamped concrete on the driveway . Holding up OK?

Yes I'm in Pattaya, near the Regents school on road #36.

The driveway is slate stone laid in concrete.

Have you posted pictures about your perfect paradise yet ?

Whoa what is that all about!

Small mistakes happen all the time. It just jumped out, and it is easy to fix it.

So cool down.

How do you fix the pattern of a laid floor ?

Now I am a little unhappy, bec I wanted to post the 1000nd post on this great thread!

Thank you villagefarang and all participants for your contribution!

I guess I was asleep at the wheel when we passed the 1000 post markclap2.gif . Thanks to all the contributors for keeping this thread going for so long.wai.gif

jbrain, your house and garden looks absolutely stunning m8, nice job, I want to have something similar just balinese style in Krabi or Phuket, to build a sustainable mountain house/ budget villa.

I really think someone should come out with some "do it yourself" blueprints specialized for Thailand and guides for foreigners to bring all the costs down to a reasonable level and offer the latest modern contemporary style modular houses.

With european standards and a trained team, defo a lot farang would be interested to pay for their solutions or services.

But back to topic, nice to see here is a lot we can do without paying huge commissions and cope with the overpriced estates for sale which driving the majority of the real estate markets nowadays.

I think this thread was more about pictures than prices.

The reason ppl ask the price is to know what they can get for what they can afford.. Its no good looking at houses and not knowing the cost if your wanting something similar.. Its not about being nosey it about being helpful.. People dont care if it cost 300k to build or 3 million we just want to know what we can get for our price range.. sadly alot of the houses on here dont show there prices.. Thats there call and of course its upto them..

Not everyone wishes to post price information but I'm sure that

if someone wished to know the price to construct a particular home,

they would only need to PM the poster and ask.

If it was OK with the poster then he could give that information by PM.

Just my thought on this subject.

Some very nice houses here. I was a builder back in the states. Build houses up to 10,000 sq ft. One place had 16 exterior doors. I now live in the sticks with my wife, no kids, no dogs (I had a dog for every year or my life from 6 to 62, I used to mark the periods of my life by the dog I had at the time--not the woman;)). Anyway-- I moved here to simplify my life. 100 sqm. 800,000. A remodel really before and after

post-40003-0-21011100-1371952821_thumb.j

post-40003-0-20036600-1371952842_thumb.j

Yes on the beachfront, between Surat Thani and Nakhon Sri tammaratattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Love the setting,it's great but I have one question.Are there any security issues in the area?

No security issues so far and I have been staying here on and off for the last 10 months, spending time between here and my main home.

There are several other Falangs living in similar settings near and no one has had any issues.

There are several other Falangs living in similar settings near and no one has had any issues.

No wifes that are terrified for another tsunami either i think.

My other half is, so absolute beachfront is out of the question. We settled for a 'dune' with a little seaview. smile.png

Plans are being made slowly for this location.

post-7665-0-05925100-1372239786_thumb.pn

Edited by Khun Jean

• 3 weeks later...

No wifes that are terrified for another tsunami either i think.

My other half is, so absolute beachfront is out of the question. We settled for a 'dune' with a little seaview. smile.png

Plans are being made slowly for this location.

attachicon.gifIMG_0599.png

Looks like a great location.smile.png

• 1 month later...

Oops, Was he a little distracted?

attachicon.gifdistracted.jpg

Khun Jean,

Yep i guess this one fell thru the cracks. Not the only mistake that was made. I have left them as is. I tend to spend most of my time looking out or swimming in the pool so these small matters dont really get to me.

There are worse ways to spend a day or night for that matter than sitting on the patio looking out at this.

Still some work to be done on the inside but have moved in & garden progressing. Lots of work but we are getting there.

post-165913-0-65316900-1378699025_thumb.

post-165913-0-21209900-1378699154_thumb.

post-165913-0-08789500-1378699770_thumb.