Finished House Picture (Views and Gardens Welcome)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is our bungalow on the farm on a river on the edge of the southern Khao Yai range.......cheap plug as it is for sale also.

post-114729-0-67793000-1303745104_thumb.

post-114729-0-59820300-1303745082_thumb.

post-114729-0-84167000-1303745039_thumb.

Love the waterfall is it part of the land !!!!

Is this still for sale, price?

This is our bungalow on the farm on a river on the edge of the southern Khao Yai range.......cheap plug as it is for sale also.

A personal message usually works better for something like that.wink.png

The house consists of four old "traditional thai houses" we aquired, moved and rebuilt on a river on the southern edge of Khao Yai national park

post-62653-1248831854_thumb.jpg

post-62653-1248831879_thumb.jpg

post-62653-1248831968_thumb.jpg

post-62653-1248831992_thumb.jpg

post-62653-1248831748_thumb.jpg.

Love your house have been looking for an old teak house to take down and move to my land on Koh Phangan any ideas and cost 3 bedroom would be ideal

i only get there for about 3-4 mos a year, but i love it.

Can see why. You're a lucky man. What island?

thanks, its koh phangan. looking to chaloklam bay.

despite all the bad press the island gets, there is alot more to the place than the full moon party, and you cant get farther away from it than chaloklam.

FYI: house is 130 sqm internal space with roof sala, terrace and balcony space that is more than doubled.

we are planning to add a lower level and convert the water tank on the roof to a plunge pool if the water on the island ever stabilizes

I know the house if I am correct Tom Green built it we were trying to buy the old building on the right of the property many years ago before you had built but there were to many problems with the family so we bought a plot of beach land in Bann Tai

that post is quite old, the member has been banned, you won't be able to contact him via TV,

that post is quite old, the member has been banned, you won't be able to contact him via TV,

Ok, thanks.

A little off topic but I want to thank Ron19 and everyone else for finally getting this topic over the 100,000 page view mark, yesterday.clap2.gifthumbsup.gif As one gets older it seems to take less to get one excited.laugh.png Thanks again.biggrin.png

I dread to think of the celebration when it gets to 1,000 replies biggrin.png

I genuinely dont like the OP's house. It looks like it has been lifted straight out of one of those "Modern Thai House" books that litter the shelves of most book stores out here. It looks almost like a teacher has said to a high school student "design me something modern". Too many angles and does not suit with the natural surroundings.

Personaly in that countryside I would have gone for something a bit more warm and fuzzy.

Just my opinion, nothing personal.

Each to his own, if we all liked the same thing the world would be incredibly boring.

Here's ours, near enough finished to go in this thread now smile.png

post-14979-0-91155400-1341495043_thumb.j

Wifey designed it, I paid for it, I like it.

We both wanted something that wasn't the typical cookie-cutter place, and She Who Must be Obeyed wanted a traditional style but in materials that the creatures would not like to eat. Didn't stop her buying half a rainforest of Teak and other hardwoods mind sad.png

Blow by blow thread here

Mr BJ, your budget place must be nearly done by now :)

Mr BJ, your budget place must be nearly done by now smile.png

Yeah, not far off now crossy. Just got back yesterday after spending 4 days up there. Off to Saudi then back next month to pick and choose more finishings. I'll post something in my thread later.

I genuinely dont like the OP's house. It looks like it has been lifted straight out of one of those "Modern Thai House" books that litter the shelves of most book stores out here. It looks almost like a teacher has said to a high school student "design me something modern". Too many angles and does not suit with the natural surroundings.

Personaly in that countryside I would have gone for something a bit more warm and fuzzy.

The thing is, you can’t get much more personal than putting down someone’s home, unless you are willing to comment on the wife or kids maybe.

All things considered I choose to focus on “It looks like it has been lifted straight out of one of those "Modern Thai House" books, and I will take that as a compliment. So thanks for the compliment.biggrin.png I’m sure your own warm fuzzy house is lovely. Would you care to share?

The thing is, you can’t get much more personal than putting down someone’s home, unless you are willing to comment on the wife or kids maybe.

All things considered I choose to focus on “It looks like it has been lifted straight out of one of those "Modern Thai House" books, and I will take that as a compliment. So thanks for the compliment.biggrin.png I’m sure your own warm fuzzy house is lovely. Would you care to share?

The house looks great.Don't worry about the other post and think more about the 2598 others that have downloaded the photo.

My mansion;

post-17093-0-68988300-1341559746_thumb.j

In case you think we have no conveniences, here is the generator house and bathroom;

post-17093-0-83810800-1341559723_thumb.j

Actually this is our little weekend getaway place overlooking a pond.

Each to his own, if we all liked the same thing the world would be incredibly boring.

Here's ours, near enough finished to go in this thread now smile.png

post-14979-0-91155400-1341495043_thumb.j

Wifey designed it, I paid for it, I like it.

We both wanted something that wasn't the typical cookie-cutter place, and She Who Must be Obeyed wanted a traditional style but in materials that the creatures would not like to eat. Didn't stop her buying half a rainforest of Teak and other hardwoods mind sad.png

Blow by blow thread here http://www.thaivisa....uilding-thread/

Mr BJ, your budget place must be nearly done by now smile.png

Crossy - you worked out what the damage was for the build? wink.png

RAZZ

This is what I refer to as The Beer Hut, located down the back from our main house on 6 rai.

She Who Must Be Obeyed simply calls it the "Doghouse"........no need for clarification.

Honest question, are there a lot of snakes around there? I like your Beer Hut, but I'm terrified of snakes. And with the pond and the trees, I imagine it would be an animal magnet.

Prepare to be ignored from now on.........but I agree with you, but in a different way......and it is a personal opinion of course......which must be stipulated out of fear.

Nobody is putting down your home.....but someone can not like the design....don't be so thin skinned.

Hundreds of crappy designs in books littering Thai shops and such.....they are all someones home

Mom always said.....

If You Don't Have Anything Nice to Say, Don't Say Anything At All

Especially in a thread as nice as this....It served no purpose nor added anything to the thread at all...

Edited by flying

Perhaps a " that's not my style" would have been a bit more diplomatic, but anyway, show us your place thelongshot.

On a tangent, a few years ago I rented out my house for a week holiday booking and the first thing they say is, " I would have designed it differently". I just chuckled to myself as I was mentally counting how much they paid to be there for the week :).

OK enough gentlemen.

We are all entitled to opinions some of which may have been better voiced in more subtle terms.

Let's cut the bickering and get on with looking at people's homes, some of which won't float everyone's boat.