Finished House Picture (Views and Gardens Welcome)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking through the whole thread, the two nicest houses are on the first page.

The OP's house and the one by Sir Burr.

Evan Johns.

Nice of you to say but I’m sure others have their own favorites as well. One thing this thread points out is the diversity of styles, which is fitting considering the diverse nature of the membership, their backgrounds and their needs. I greatly appreciate that you pointed out houses that you liked, rather than ones than you perhaps hate. Very polite and civilized of you. Thank you very much.smile.png

Read the entire thread quite a while back, stumbled across it again today. Wow, still going!

This is our basha up in Nakon Ratchasima area. Took a few years to build starting around 2004, plinking away at it month to month since we not living in LOS at the time, finally went over and finished to livable standard by Spring 2007. 2008 refined the external areas, did the driveway and front garden ourselves, a bit daunting at first.

Mature garden and slight curved drive lends to the feeling of being folded into the property once you get in and shut the gate. There's an equally sized back area with a good size pond, loo, and brick and mortar patio areas, not shown here. Honestly though, the potential falling coconuts make the back patio areas a bit hazardous, we mostly live in the front 1/2.

Nice thread, VF. Cheers, J.

PS, couldn't resist: Yes, the occassional snake, have had 2 cobras but mostly I try to shoo snakes off with a broom. I find the chickens are a great alarm bell, in addition to the dogs.

These are after the fence and gate went up.

Still had the gate lights to go on.

Also the front yard has been cleaned up.

post-36037-0-85698400-1347269465_thumb.j post-36037-0-39335500-1347269528_thumb.j

Would love to have some of that green lawn that 55Jay has.

Will wait for his reply to Naam.

Just out of interest, this is the farm house.

Cost less than AU$3,300.00. Under 100,000 Baht

Only basic but has power, water and down stairs is the sit down toilet, separate to bathroom.

Cook a BBQ under the stars.

post-36037-0-47342100-1347271147_thumb.j post-36037-0-32890500-1347271535_thumb.j post-36037-0-82115700-1347271321_thumb.j

And for the Aussies......please note the bed spread hanging on the "Hill" clothesline

this thread is one of my favorites along with other posters house building threads like mrBJ's budget bungalow.

Thanks Boo. I must admit, even though the view count is quite high, because I don't get many people commenting, I don't know whether I'm boring the pants off people. laugh.png It makes you wonder whether people are still interested and if you should carry on posting or not. So thanks for that. wai.gif

Nice one, like the Aussie Roll up garage door too. We are going to buy a second place down in E. or S. Pattaya in the next year or so, and having a secure garage like that, instead of a car port, is on my list.

My secret on the grass? Remembering to lay the sod Green Side Up. Ha ha.

The photo was taken roughly 6 mos after laying it, so reckon it was still thriving off the chicken manuere underneath and lots of fresh rain water. I put in a 12x6x4 concrete in-ground holding basin around the corner and channel roof run off into it with a down spout. I am not sure if it makes a difference, when it's not raining so much, we use collected rain water, or take a suction off a pump I have running to the pond out back, instead of using city tap water. We have city on pressure sprinkler as well but when possible, not for economic reasons, we do try to use the other vintage.

According to my green thumb wife, this type of soft grass (she says Japanese?) likes a lot of water, not too much sun, and needs to be cut and cleaned, not allowing dead stuff to build up underneath, which we do. Every now and then, we hand sprinkle some crystaline grass food out. Last, we have a daily, mobile service providing aeration and spot fertilizing, see below. wacko.png Cheers, J.

this thread is one of my favorites along with other posters house building threads like mrBJ's budget bungalow.

Thanks Boo. I must admit, even though the view count is quite high, because I don't get many people commenting, I don't know whether I'm boring the pants off people. laugh.png It makes you wonder whether people are still interested and if you should carry on posting or not. So thanks for that. wai.gif

Please keep up with the posts,threads like this one and yours are great, makes some of us stuck here in the city jealous biggrin.png and certainly makes me think about what can be achieved here in LOS

Absolutely awesome thread... some nice houses and some even nicer backdrops... almost makes me want to build a house up in the mountains, except for the comments about snakes... thanks to the OP and to all those who have contributed, very interesting.

Nice one, like the Aussie Roll up garage door too. We are going to buy a second place down in E. or S. Pattaya in the next year or so, and having a secure garage like that, instead of a car port, is on my list.

My secret on the grass? Remembering to lay the sod Green Side Up. Ha ha.

The photo was taken roughly 6 mos after laying it, so reckon it was still thriving off the chicken manuere underneath and lots of fresh rain water. I put in a 12x6x4 concrete in-ground holding basin around the corner and channel roof run off into it with a down spout. I am not sure if it makes a difference, when it's not raining so much, we use collected rain water, or take a suction off a pump I have running to the pond out back, instead of using city tap water. We have city on pressure sprinkler as well but when possible, not for economic reasons, we do try to use the other vintage.

According to my green thumb wife, this type of soft grass (she says Japanese?) likes a lot of water, not too much sun, and needs to be cut and cleaned, not allowing dead stuff to build up underneath, which we do. Every now and then, we hand sprinkle some crystaline grass food out. Last, we have a daily, mobile service providing aeration and spot fertilizing, see below. wacko.png Cheers, J.

Thanks 55Jay, for the followup and additional backstory to your great house and photos.smile.png

Please keep up with the posts,threads like this one and yours are great, makes some of us stuck here in the city jealous biggrin.png and certainly makes me think about what can be achieved here in LOS

I too want to encourage mrbojangles to keep posting. While we are at it, lets not forget Crossy's Housebuilding Thread. smile.png

(Quote 55jay) Last, we have a daily, mobile service providing aeration and spot fertilizing.

People may laugh but going back to the early 70's, a mate of mine would travel many kilometers to buy chicken poo, to fertilize his bananas.

Said it was the best thing going.

Also, back here in Australia, my daughter and her hubby buy it by the semi trailer load to spread over the paddocks, then it is worked into the soil,

before planting. Does wonders for the rice and wheat.

Hi Everybody wai.gif

This is my house in architect 3D pictures.

See how it going to be look in real after finished.blink.png

Should be ready end of november.

Location is in KHANOM, near Koh Samui on mainland

Between Surat Thani and Nakhon Si Thammarat

post-22292-0-20131800-1348409622_thumb.j

post-22292-0-84647600-1348409741_thumb.j

post-22292-0-78697200-1348409832_thumb.j

post-22292-0-52343700-1348409969_thumb.j

Hi Everybody wai.gif

This is my house in architect 3D pictures.

See how it going to be look in real after finished.blink.png

Should be ready end of november.

Location is in KHANOM, near Koh Samui on mainland

Between Surat Thani and Nakhon Si Thammarat

Nice place.

I seriously thought of buying in Khanom at one stage.

A little off topic and maybe too personal, but may I ask what attracted you to the area and what are prices like for land, etc?

Hi IsaanUsa

That was we plan together with my architect.

My idea was woodcarvings on ceiling and lime stone walls with places for statues or some else decoration items behind dining table.

We will do so much as we can to make houses look like these pictures.

Flooring will be 12mm good quality laminate floor.

My house is going to be bottom on right hand side in Master plan( that little bigger plot )

Old Croc

I used to live in Samui before ( 5 years in Samui )

I find Khanom 4 years ago and felt in love that nice place.

So nice people in here and i see potential of that place.

It is growing quite fast but still its nice small town.

Prices of land have been going quite wild in few years with beach land. 5 - 7mio / rai

But lets say half kilometer from beac, land is still OK prices. U can get beautiful plots between 500 - 900.000 / rai

Building in here is much cheaper than Samui and location is perfect between Surat Thani ( 60km ) and Nakhon Si Thammarat ( 90km )

We can see Samui from our long beach ( 12km )

Don Sak ferry pier to Samui is only 25km from Khanom

post-22292-0-00315500-1348570065_thumb.j

post-22292-0-98714300-1348570652_thumb.j

post-22292-0-89474500-1348571192_thumb.j

post-22292-0-87749000-1348571997_thumb.j

My idea was woodcarvings on ceiling and lime stone walls with places for statues or some else decoration items behind dining table.

We will do so much as we can to make houses look like these pictures.

Ahhh ok. I didn't mean anything negative by my comment, it's just not my personal style. If that's what you like, then great!

Naam

Nothing wrong with ceramic tile flooring, I just like wooden or laminate flooring. Now days there is really good quality laminate what is very strong and looks good.

wooden floors can be indeed very beautiful. the flooring of our home in Germany was all wood except the basement. but in a tropical or subtropical country (we lived mainly in Florida before moving to Thailand) i prefer to walk barefoot on cool tiles, granite or marble.

i don't like laminate because it looks and is in fact as fake as a 7Baht coin. no offence meant! wai.gif

This isn't my house but an absolute mansion built by a farang for his girlfriend/wife in our village and never completed although it appears to be on the outside.Sadly the relationship broke up and now it is the local pidgeon coop and I estimate

500 of these pests using it as home.

post-140056-0-73866800-1349079549_thumb.

This isn't my house but an absolute mansion built by a farang for his girlfriend/wife in our village and never completed although it appears to be on the outside.Sadly the relationship broke up and now it is the local pidgeon coop and I estimate

500 of these pests using it as home.

Pretty fancy looking pigeon coop. My guess is, there are more than a few unfinished homes out there, not unlike this one.

This isn't my house but an absolute mansion built by a farang for his girlfriend/wife in our village and never completed although it appears to be on the outside.Sadly the relationship broke up and now it is the local pidgeon coop and I estimate 500 of these pests using it as home.

post-140056-0-73866800-1349079549_thumb.

i like the gate and the fence. must have cost a fortune.