More Rallies 'as Soon As Decree Ends'

george

I know of someone else that there are a lot of pictures of as well, and that you are not even allowed to discuss...

I don't see that the supporters of yellows here are seeing things in more shades than black and white either.

We come to the crux of the matter for many reddites. Their dislike for any monarchist system. The fact that a country's parliamentary system doesn't match the one you had at home, or it offends the values that were drummed into you as you were brought up, are not grounds for agitating for a change. The biggest mistake many of these reddites make is equating the red shirts with anti monarchy. Those same poor you claim to be fighting for would most definitely not be supporting your ultimate goal.

Let's first get something clear. I am not a red supporter. And I never claimed to be fighting for the poor. But I do believe that if their interests are not looked after, Thailand's future as a united country is dim.

Second, in my experience people in the west are drummed up with a fundamental belief in democracy. Few understand the parliamentary system, at least not the ideas behind it. In any case, parliamentary systems differs to quite a large degree in different countries, and I can't say that any of them offends me. But some models seems to work better than others.

Countries in the west are well-governed mainly because of the separation of powers (checks and balances), much less so because of elections. A system giving absolute power to anyone, be it a monarchy or someone else, always leads to the same disaster in the long run. This is what should be drummed into people, not fairy-tales about democracy.

Edited by chrislarsson

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

reds said.... reds said... .....you don't know him but can do anything your masters say, my god :)

learn the history and analyze on your own.

How can I know everything?

Did Prem become PM twice with elections?

I haven't seen pictures of Blues attacking Reds.

I saw one of them stopping the Reds from marching further.

It was broad daylight too.

So you are saying not letting the reds do as they please, is an attack?

Why didn't they stop the yellows from blocking Government House and airports?

Is it not "attack"? If he does the right thing not letting the reds ruin Asean Summit, why does he cover his face?

P1040281.jpg

Is Jakrapob a fake red then?

Real red.

Real blood red.

Jakrapob said the struggle to bring down the present administration would continue, but the opponents would no longer rely on conventional forms of protest.

Different tactics would be used to confront the government, including possible clandestine subversion or armed attacks, he said.

Who attacked the Asean summit?

The REDS. That was shameful, a force for good in the world and you killed it. Shame on you red buggers.

Who stayed in Government House for 3 months and 2 airports for 1 week?

Sadly, this has deterorated into a tit-for-tat. Some people choose to blame Thaksin for everything bad that has ever happened. I am sure if the A-H1N1 comes to Thailand it will be his fault as well.

The point is, that democracy needs to go forward and for that happen it means that people be allowed to vote. This isn't the current trend in Thailand. I don't think the Reds will go away and what they want won't go away either. It's time for the elite to see this and re-define themselves and begin to share power.

I don't see that happening in the near future.

The REDS. That was shameful, a force for good in the world and you killed it. Shame on you red buggers.

You are like a broken record. Frankly, what the reds did during that Songkran time was MUCH WORSE and MUCH MORE VIOLENT than anything the yellows every did and that is why your Thaskin is in the crapper. Abhisit gave you enough rope to HANG YOURSELVES and you were fools enough to do exactly that. You thought you had the support of the masses (by you I mean fugitive criminal Thaksin) to mount a violent revolution, but, guess what, you didn't. Start over. Change colors or something but by all means you must 100 percent dump Thaksin and terrorist violent tactics. BTW, did it ever occur to you that Abhisit is somebody who might be possibly be open to reasonable negotiation? He can't be a success with revolutionary pests like you chasing him everywhere he goes with your MOLOTOV COCKTAILS and GAS TRUCKS and such like. He knows he needs to compromise. How about your side giving that a sincere try for a change? Aside from your objection to how Mark came to power, he is objectively a relatively clean politician. You can never say that about Thaksin.

Frankly, I do not believe your side sincerely WANTS to engage in peaceful negotiations. If that is true, your side deserves nothing but total disdain from civilized people.

Edited by Jingthing

MOLOTOV COCKTAILS

Look who had molotov cocktails?

PAD.

On the 14th April when the red meeting was stopped, someone still created a scene, to make us look bad, by wearing red and brought knifes in. Who had knifes? Look at the picture. PAD.

I went with the reds 3 times. We don't have weapons even our guards. There were hidden cameras and there were spy. If we had been seen having weapons during our meetings, we would have been illegal and would have been dealt with negotiation > water > tear gas.

pad18-1.jpg

Do you know where they found 2 bags of brand new blues in Pattaya? In the tents of ______. That was said by a red via radio.

nn-41s.jpg

On 7th October when PAD blocked Parliament House not letting Khun Somchai announce his policies, our side used Police in uniform to deal with PAD. Our side did not use a group wearing another color to do that. What do you say about the video Suthep and Newin in Pattaya talking, pointing in the dark with soldiers standing nearby?

Nothing goes further about the blues. Only "Thaksin", "criminal", "fugitive" :)

When the double standard still stays, the reds still protest. I've heard from tv they'll have another meeting on 6th May.

Video in Pattaya: Blues having slingshots, long sticks. The loud voice "same gang same gang" when they were about to question a truck. A soldier walking to order the blues. Near the end of the video clip they shouted "let us have more weapons".

The reds only broke sticks from the trees and plants nearby or took rocks and stones on the spot when they knew about the blues. Police stopped and checked the reds many times on the way from Bangkok to Pattaya. The truth is the reds don't have weapons. Guns they took from soldiers driving tanks were sent to police.

Look at this guy in Bangkok. PAD and the blues are known for having slingshots, not the reds.

Untitled-7.jpg

And this guy:

610x3.jpg

Please, if they want to look like a real red, don't cover the face and please wear a red t-shirt. How can you think that on that day, anyone who stood near the reds are all reds?

More red meetings will be held to find out what have happened and what to do next. This is just the beginning of the fight for democracy.

The reds only broke sticks from the trees and plants nearby or took rocks and stones

With their being so environmentally-conscious and preferring to use Mother Nature to inflict their carnage, shouldn't they be wearing the green shirts of the similarly like-minded Green Party? :)

With their being so environmentally-conscious and preferring to use Mother Nature to inflict their carnage, shouldn't they be wearing the green shirts of the similarly like-minded Green Party? :)

What else can they use to protect themselves from slingshots, wooden sticks and pingpong bomb? Arisaman showed what the blues used towards the reds:

P1040245.jpg

PAD had the blue bombs:

pad19.jpg

The reds only broke sticks from the trees and plants nearby or took rocks and stones

What else can they use to protect themselves from

pingpong

Do what the Chinese did... and develop a sound defense system by proper paddle placement and handling...

155286972_549ab2a047.jpg

With practice, they can even become World Champion like Guo Yue...

4086guoyue.jpg

Edited by sriracha john

Red Shirts in Chiang Mai to Close Accounts at Bangkok Bank

The local red-shirts have gathered in Chiang Mai province, saying that they will close their bank accounts at Bangkok Bank in a bid to show their discontent with the Privy Council President.

Yesterday, Surachai Saedan , a co-leader of the Democractic Alliance against Dictatorship, attended a meeting with about 30 provincial DAAD leaders to brainstorm about the group's strategy.

Petchawat Wattanapongsirikul and Kanyapak Maneejak from the 'Rak Chiang Mai 51' group hosted the meeting which was preceeded with a press conference, revealing that DAAD supporters in Chiang Mai province would rally in front of the Grand Waroros hotel today before marching to a branch of Bangkok Bank to close their accounts.

Petchawat added that such an action is the first of its kind. He did not specify how many DAAD supporters would close their accounts at the branch, but he confirmed that the red shirts will definitely march to a branch of Bangkok Bank in downtown Chiang Mai.

The action aims at expressing disapproval towards General Prem Tinsulanonda, the Privy Council President, who is also a consultant to the Bangkok Bank's board. The bank has been allegedly financing the People's Alliance for Democracy, which is the DAAD's rival.

The DAAD has accused General Prem of an alleged role in orchestrating the 2006 coup since the joint house session began.

Whether this move will ignite another round of attacks on the general remains to be seen. At the same press conference, Surachai Saedan spoke on the behalf of a group named 'Progressive Democracy.'

He said currently there are only two camps in Thai politics-the conservative Democrat Party and the capitalist Pheu Thai Party. Another group that represents the middle and lower class people must be created and through his involvement with DAAD, he believes a new camp can be built.

He referred to the landmark policy, 66/23, issued by the army that urged the October protesters to put down their weapons and become a part of the country's movement towards a true democracy.

He said the October people agreed to do so under a false promise. He said, so far, the promise has yet to be fulfilled as the army took over in the 2006 coup.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2009-05-04

I haven't seen pictures of Blues attacking Reds.

I saw one of them stopping the Reds from marching further.

It was broad daylight too.

So you are saying not letting the reds do as they please, is an attack?

Why didn't they stop the yellows from blocking Government House and airports?

Is it not "attack"? If he does the right thing not letting the reds ruin Asean Summit, why does he cover his face?

P1040281.jpg

It could be most anything, there is no obvious violence in your picture.

One man holding another up

Means nothing, no context. Sorry Koo.

We don't know why they didn't stop the yellows from taking government house,

if you mean the government at that time, I think they didn't have it together enough to stop them.

The government NOW will stop things from going bad again.

Can't compare the two because this one is competent and the old one was incompetent.

Red Shirts in Chiang Mai to Close Accounts at Bangkok Bank

The local red-shirts have gathered in Chiang Mai province, saying that they will close their bank accounts at Bangkok Bank in a bid to show their discontent with the Privy Council President.

Yesterday, Surachai Saedan , a co-leader of the Democractic Alliance against Dictatorship, attended a meeting with about 30 provincial DAAD leaders to brainstorm about the group's strategy.

Petchawat Wattanapongsirikul and Kanyapak Maneejak from the 'Rak Chiang Mai 51' group hosted the meeting which was preceeded with a press conference, revealing that DAAD supporters in Chiang Mai province would rally in front of the Grand Waroros hotel today before marching to a branch of Bangkok Bank to close their accounts.

Petchawat added that such an action is the first of its kind. He did not specify how many DAAD supporters would close their accounts at the branch, but he confirmed that the red shirts will definitely march to a branch of Bangkok Bank in downtown Chiang Mai.

The action aims at expressing disapproval towards General Prem Tinsulanonda, the Privy Council President, who is also a consultant to the Bangkok Bank's board. The bank has been allegedly financing the People's Alliance for Democracy, which is the DAAD's rival.

The DAAD has accused General Prem of an alleged role in orchestrating the 2006 coup since the joint house session began.

Whether this move will ignite another round of attacks on the general remains to be seen. At the same press conference, Surachai Saedan spoke on the behalf of a group named 'Progressive Democracy.'

He said currently there are only two camps in Thai politics-the conservative Democrat Party and the capitalist Pheu Thai Party. Another group that represents the middle and lower class people must be created and through his involvement with DAAD, he believes a new camp can be built.

He referred to the landmark policy, 66/23, issued by the army that urged the October protesters to put down their weapons and become a part of the country's movement towards a true democracy.

He said the October people agreed to do so under a false promise. He said, so far, the promise has yet to be fulfilled as the army took over in the 2006 coup.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2009-05-04

So our aging jungle dude is advocating the reds break from PTP. Interesting to see what the guys down the run down hotel have to say about that.

PAD tried to talk in Undon,

but REDS came and violently broke up the stage and beat the speakers,

the PAD then set up BIGGER in Bangkok with newly added PAD Guards.

Cause, and affect, not as planned.

----------------------------------------------

PAD was at Makkawan bridge until repeatedly attacked by REDS

and then moved to Government house in consequence.

----------------------------------------------

PAD moves to the more defensible and visible Government House

So who lobbed grenades into the PAD compound at night regularly killing and maiming?

Eventually pushing PAD out and to a MORE important target for their message.

Your Red toys and guns for tots posterboy Sae Daeng

announced he would do this, and then it happened.

Coincidence... not likely.

PAD moves to Suvarnaphumi, and PPP cowers in Chaing mai hills

and is ushered out of office via an existing court case.

---------------------------------------------

PTP proves incapable of holding a coalition or a conversation

and ramps up bigger more violent street violence.

It gets put down by the military.

---------------------------------------------

They must have been REALLY, REALLY surprised

when PAD didn't fold and go home as expected,

but marched on Swampy.

Cause, and affect, not as planned

----------------------------------------------but not illogical either.

I see a repeated set of escalations ALL starting with poorly thought out RED violence as the triggers.

......PAD talks RED attacks, PAD talks RED Attacks PAD Talks RED Attacks.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One must ask:

Why are/were the REDS so AFRAID of PAD talking?????

Edited by animatic

Why are/were the REDS so AFRAID of PAD talking?????

Because they are basically anarchists. No government in the world would tolerate them, especially after they attacked the Asean conference. Their choice of color is no accident. They are the PRO VIOLENCE faction.

'Rak Chiang Mai 51'

Thug's thugs. Responsible for the fascist action of stopping the recent planned Chiang Mai gay festival. Very pro democratic, yeah, sure.

Edited by Jingthing

Look at this guy in Bangkok. PAD and the blues are known for having slingshots, not the reds.

Untitled-7.jpg

You mean to say this guy is attacking reds? He surely has lost his mind as I can count about a dozen red shirts BEHIND him. He's shooting in the wrong direction!

Untitled-7.jpg

You mean to say this guy is attacking reds? He surely has lost his mind as I can count about a dozen red shirts BEHIND him. He's shooting in the wrong direction!

Nice one!

Still despite the shrieks of outrage from the zealots on both sides, neither the yellows nor the reds have come anywhere close to the ripping up of Paris pavements during the 1968 "evenements", not to say the Brixton disturbances or poll tax riots in UK.Fact is the violence on both sides though deplorable has been very contained thanks to cool heads in Thai security forces, and dare I say it an innate sense that Thais despite their differences are all part of the same family.OK some foreign creeps - normally safely squatting behind a laptop - called for a Ratchaburi hospital approach, i.e massacre (on one side only, naturally) but nobody paid any attention to these losers.I say all credit to the Thais on this one.

The violence we have had has not reached the level where it is not possible to reunite but it has reached a level to give everyone pause for thought and ironically has opened a potential window of opportunity for a centrist deal. Lets hope that can now be taken and the extremists on all sides who would like to crank things up are marginalised.

Both UDD and PAD are talking more demos. That is their right as long as legal and we would be naive to think anyone is going to leave parlaiment unpressured in deciding on ammendments etc. It may have to go to referenda in the end. Right now though there seems little public call for any more action thanh peaceful protest. That is a good first step.

Be honest. The reds have been much more violent than the yellows. That is a fact and what is the purpose of not facing that? Being PC and fair and balanced? Why? I have never been pro yellow or pro red but after the Thaksin led Songkran fiasco, when I see a red shirt, I do indeed see RED, and I do believe that most people in Thailand were radicalized against them the same way. Thai people may indeed want major reforms as well they should, but most no longer see the Thaksin red movement as the way there.

Edited by Jingthing

Chang Noi's latest column from The Nation

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/05/04...on_30101903.php

Analysts seem to be moving into a new area of analysis re the forces demanding/reresenting change - yellow and red both are beiong analysed this way - and the forces of status quo. Wonder if the yellow and red supporters are with the program yet?

Yes very good article.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/05/04...on_30101903.php

But this should not be allowed to obscure what these movements stand for.

Thai politics is often criticised for being dominated by small, self-serving cliques of businessmen and generals. Both these movements want to move beyond.

Their main enemy is not each other, but the old, old politics desperate to resist this challenge.

Consider the past week:

An ambitious general.

An unsavoury, opportunistic political clique.

An official mob recruited by the Interior Ministry.

A billionaire concession-hunter.

Coup rumours.

Media controls.

Fear-mongering.

Intrigue.

The desperate grey politics of survival.

And the week isn't even to Tuesday yet...

Someone with eyes wide open and a good view to a kill.

Edited by animatic