What Is Lamai Like Now?

Can anyone give me an update on what Lamai is like at the moment. In particular the bar scene and nightlife, I have heard that it might be slow and many bars closed.

Planning on coming in June is there likely to be a difference from now and a couple of months time??

Appreciate any update and forecast of what June might be like.......

Thanks,

FleetHo

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. I am a bit confused......so is there a lot more bars and are they empty of cutomers or girls ....or both closed? NHJ indicates that there are plenty of open bars and plenty of choice and Lite Beer indicates plenty of bars but mostly empty.

I suppose the bottom line is if my mate and I park ourselves in Lamai will there be bars with ladies open in reasonable numbers? Are the bars in the Lamai Night Plaza open , I think there was about 10 of them there, last year bout 8 were open (in June) what's number are open now?????

Thanks again for your help,,,it is appreciated.

Regards,

FleetHo

I photographed every girlie bar sign in Lamai (except the ones at the end of the walking street) and the total was 125.

If the average number of girls in any bar is five, you and your friend should have at least 625 girls to choose from to go with you to Bible study, or whatever it is you are really asking.

And yes, it will be pretty slow, tourist-wise.

Ok, I'll take the bait. Why did you photograph every girlie bar sign in Lamai?

As a record and for the designs.

I used to go out and not ever know the name of the place I was in since they all look the same. Someone would mention such-and-such a bar and I would not have the foggiest idea where it was, even though I might have been there before. So I thought I would record all of them and also I did this since I have an interest in design. You'd be surprised at all the minutia that is "hidden" in the signs. I mean most people never actually study the signs. They are all interesting works of art in their own right.

Theres NO nice girls in lamai , the odd pretty one is soon snapped up buy the many desperate farangs living there,

the bar seem in lamai is crap now , too many bars , not enough girls .... and way overpriced for drinking .

Edited by BEDBANDIT

Can anyone give me an update on what Lamai is like at the moment. In particular the bar scene and nightlife, I have heard that it might be slow and many bars closed.

Planning on coming in June is there likely to be a difference from now and a couple of months time??

Appreciate any update and forecast of what June might be like.......

Thanks,

FleetHo

Lamui is buzzing with dohnuts and indian pan cake dealers.