British Expat In Phuket Looking For Work

Currently live in Phuket and am from the UK. I hold a non b visa with a work permit pending as I am emloyed by a company here at the moment. However I am now looking to move away from the working holiday and start to focus again on my career.

I therefore am looking for new opportunities asap, preferably in the relocation, Immigration or HR industry. I am willing to learn new things and pick things up well.

I would relocate from Phuket for the right role.

Please see an extract from my CV below, focusing on my previous role in the UK.

Thanks

(MARCH 2006 till 2008)

IBM – Relocation Consultant (working on the Procter & Gamble Account)

As an Ongoing Relocation Service Owner (OSO) I was responsible for assigned individual geographies within Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA). As the first point of contact for my assigned regions, I was to act as a consultant for the overall relocation process. I was the point of contact for Line Managers, HR, Employee Services and third party vendors on the P&G account to provide policy advice and general relocation support. In addition to this I provided support to employees who were about to transfer or who had already relocated who required additional assistance, support or advice.

I was mainly responsible for the following:

– Managing my own case load handling a wide range of queries and issues for which I owned resolution.

– Providing support for international moves and answer policy queries from HR, transferees, line managers or other Relocation Service Owners, or escalating out of policy issues to the Global Policy Team as required for all types of transfer, including expatriate, permanent and short term transfers

– Understanding the policies that will affect transferring employees in the long term, such as Maternity, Paternity, Retirement, Leave of Absence and others.

– Understanding of basic international social security, plans and benefits and taxation issues and the affect the transfer will have on these or the ability and willingness to determine the affect of these per transferring employee

– Have the ability to adapt to many country combinations and apply pensions, tax, stock options, shares knowledge for each employee.

– Understanding of all compensation entitlements, allowances, calculations, one time payments and salary payments and able to explain to the transferring employee and line management/HR as required

– Initiating additional 3rd Party Services for Relocation support from immigration, household goods, destination services, tax, healthcare and language lesson suppliers as required

– Advise on company policy for home / host country tax briefings for expatriates, assignees who may have localized in a new country, and those who may be on an extended business trip. Then arrange home country tax briefing as soon as the compensation package has been presented and the initial transfer briefing has occurred.

– Provide companies policy information on home country Tax returns

– Understanding the services provided by third party vendors, to manage the delivery of these services & developing relationships between transferees and third party providers and co-coordinating these vendors to provide an effective service for relocated employees

– Developing relationships with internal functions (Employee Services, Payroll, Plans & Benefits, Salary Planning etc) and with Key Clients, including senior line management and HR, to establish contacts and continuously develop market knowledge

– Ability to adapt from one case to another i.e. assisting a trainee with questions to assisting directors with their issues.

– Maintaining the database and tracking assignees

– Liaise with relevant departments to produce necessary documentation during employees’ assignment – i.e. tax equalization, Immigration documents, salary statements, and payslips to enable them to comply with all required tax filings in the home and host country.

– Meeting and exceeding Service Level Agreement of 48 hour response time and contributing to the overall service satisfaction scores

Also outside my core role I was Operations lead for our departments training team. This involved training new hires, creating new innovative training materials / aides and maintaining these.

I also ran our departents training team i.e. delegating, providing support for their role within the team, hold weekly training meetings, ensure the smooth running of the team etc

I also helped create a floor wide training matrix for existing members of staff to determine and skills gaps, as a result of this I presented trainings to these members of staff also.

Edited by loubrockbank