Airasia.com Making Me Angry

dave111223

I've tried booking some tickets to Singapore (for the Grandprix) through airasia.com, with a quoted price of ~10,600 THB.

But the site absolutely won't accept my Credit Card. I think because their "State" field only contains Malaysian states and i'm pretty sure US Credit Card is not going to be authorized with the address State set to "Other (International)".

Anyways, called them up to make the booking over the phone instead, and they quote me the price of 11,600. Extra 1,000 just to book it over the phone!

Is there any special way to get their website working, seems like a total waste of money to spending an extra 1000 on an air ticket for no reason.

I've tried booking some tickets to Singapore (for the Grandprix) through airasia.com, with a quoted price of ~10,600 THB.

But the site absolutely won't accept my Credit Card. I think because their "State" field only contains Malaysian states and i'm pretty sure US Credit Card is not going to be authorized with the address State set to "Other (International)".

Anyways, called them up to make the booking over the phone instead, and they quote me the price of 11,600. Extra 1,000 just to book it over the phone!

Is there any special way to get their website working, seems like a total waste of money to spending an extra 1000 on an air ticket for no reason.

While I can't answer your question about their website. There are a number of airlines that now charge extra for telephone bookings. I am sometimes willing to pay the extra charges if I have special considerations, although otherwise I just prefer online booking.

I had no problem booking tickets from the UK for flights BKK/KL and BKK/Bali.

(I did, but that was my fault in pressing the wrong button. It then became impossible to resolve because I could not amend online and the call centre would have had to charge higher fares !)

So, no problem with credit card booking but crap back up service.

So air Asia makes you angry because you can't use a web browser :o

Will it surprise you to learn many people manage to book and pay with foreign credit cards such as myself? (I have 7 outstanding flights scheduled with Air Asia this year)

I know you can select "United States" as the country, but there seems to be no way to enter (for example) "Ohio" as the State...?

Or am i missing something. When i change the country to "United States" the "States" drop down remains the same (with Malaysian states).

And my billing address on the credit card has "Ohio" as the state, so how can i make the system match my CC address if i can't enter the State?

I know you can select "United States" as the country, but there seems to be no way to enter (for example) "Ohio" as the State...?

Or am i missing something. When i change the country to "United States" the "States" drop down remains the same (with Malaysian states).

And my billing address on the credit card has "Ohio" as the state, so how can i make the system match my CC address if i can't enter the State?

Check that you have javascript enabled in your browser...

I do have javascript enabled, and i'm testing with both IE and Firefox.

When i change the country to "United States" the state list remains as:

Johor

Kedah

Kelantan

Melaka

Negeri Sembilan

Pahang

Perak

Perlis

Pulau Pinang

Sabah

Sarawak

Selangor

Terengganu

W. Persekutuan, KL

W. Persekutuan, Labuan

W. Persekutuan, Putra Jaya

Others (International)

I do have javascript enabled, and i'm testing with both IE and Firefox.

When i change the country to "United States" the state list remains as:

Johor

Kedah

Kelantan

Melaka

Negeri Sembilan

Pahang

Perak

Perlis

Pulau Pinang

Sabah

Sarawak

Selangor

Terengganu

W. Persekutuan, KL

W. Persekutuan, Labuan

W. Persekutuan, Putra Jaya

Others (International)

and that would be the one you would press. I book about 5 flights a month with them and thats the one I press

Then you need to click (others international) and type ur zip code into the empty box. Done..

I have tried and it doesn't accept my card.

It also says at the checkout that the address you enter must match exactly the billing address. And i'm not sure how it will possibly match the billing address without the correct State entered.

Then you need to click (others international) and type ur zip code into the empty box. Done..

It also says at the checkout that the address you enter must match exactly the billing address. And i'm not sure how it will possibly match the billing address without the correct State entered.

Did you ACCEPT the credit card verification routine that pops up? If you don't, your card will rejected. I was having the same problem you were until I accepted that verification routine. Then the advice above works just fine.

Did you ACCEPT the credit card verification routine that pops up? If you don't, your card will rejected. I was having the same problem you were until I accepted that verification routine. Then the advice above works just fine.

Hmm...can you explain more?

When i put in my credit card and try to process the payment is shows a page saying "Error...there was an error with your booking..." then gives a Case number AK2421048 (or similar).

I tried to give them the case number when booking on the phone but they were not interested in this number?

I didn't see any verification popup? Could you tell me how to get to this popup?

I've booked well over one hundred AirAsia flights over the last five years using US-based credit cards. Never had a problem with the system accepting a card, I select 'Others (International)' as the state, listing the actual state with the city. I believe that the postal code is actually what's important for verification.

Hmm...can you explain more?

When i put in my credit card and try to process the payment is shows a page saying "Error...there was an error with your booking..." then gives a Case number AK2421048 (or similar).

I tried to give them the case number when booking on the phone but they were not interested in this number?

I didn't see any verification popup? Could you tell me how to get to this popup?

It is about the last step in the whole process. The routine that pops up for me on Firefox looks like a third-party thing, so that is why I cancelled the first few times through. I think each credit card company has its own system, or maybe some do not have one. Did this last month and forgot exactly where it pops up, but I sure do remember the frustration I had too!

I was having the same problem. In my saved profile on their website I had always put my state in the town address. It worked in the past, but they changed something.

Anyways, just make sure the address is the same as the data associated with your card and forget about the state. In the drop down just choose the int'l option. It went through after I took the state out of the city field.

Since day one for me 5 years or so ago, I joined Air Asia.

My profile and details are stored and appear when I tick the box asking if I am the person flying.

Obviously credit card details are NOT stored, but neva had a problem.

I use a NZ based Visa Platinum card, never a hitch.

I visit LoS 3 - 4 times a year using BKK and HKT as my hubs, all my S.E.A. flites are with Air Asia.

I have joined up with "Verisign" as extra C.C. security.

It amazes me as to why so many ppl have probs with the Air Asia booking system.

It is user friendly compared with many other airlines.

LOVE AIR ASIA

Well i give up. I have tried again with a different debit card, this time Bank of America and it went through a Verification system which some people had mentioned (asking for SS# etc..) I completed this successfully, and still declined on the Airasia site.

Tried leaving the state off completed, or putting state in the city field after the city, still doesn't work.... :o

I'll guess i'll have to pony up the extra 1000baht and pay over the phone, but think i'll wait more first see if they come out with any new special promos before September...

Well i give up. I have tried again with a different debit card, this time Bank of America and it went through a Verification system which some people had mentioned (asking for SS# etc..) I completed this successfully, and still declined on the Airasia site.

Tried leaving the state off completed, or putting state in the city field after the city, still doesn't work.... :o

I'll guess i'll have to pony up the extra 1000baht and pay over the phone, but think i'll wait more first see if they come out with any new special promos before September...

Just out of curiosity, did you try more than one browser? I ask because on my own personal website there is one photo that will simply not open up on Firefox, yet will on IE.