Abhisit Or Thaksin

AsiaMB

Wrong question. Suppose Abhisit was the corrupt greedy dictator and Thaksin was the one who had to try to unify the country after the mess he left. Would Thaksin be a better Abhisit? NO!

All politicians ARE corrupt in Thailand.... what is noted is that the current PM cannot run the country, this is evident as how he managed the ASEAN summit......

Now assuming that all polys are corrupt, under who's management did the country function better? more foreign investment, higher thai baht.......certainly not Abhisit, I gues the question should be how long before another problem arises and Thailand has anopther PM, ummmmmmm will that be 5 in 12 months ?

So the fact that the rest of the world is in a deep economic recession has nothing to do with foreign investment or the strength of ther baht, it's purely down to Thaksin was a better PM right?

If you recall (maybe yr new to Thailand) the govt introduced policy to slow foreign investment.... remember....

Only in Thailand is the politics so juvenile that it is based on the colour of the shirt and the personality of the leader and NOT on policy....all comments should be structured so that they are constuctive, and based on policy not on shirt colour.........

im not basing anything on shirt colors or personality of the leaders, just pointing out the big difference in the worlds economic status from when Thaksin was in power to now under Abhisit's control, which will surely make a big difference in how he can control foreign investment and strength of the baht

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who was the best for Thailand

1. Who encouraged Foreign Investment?

2. Who ensured all Foreign dignitaries were safe when visiting Thailand?

3. Under which PM was the Thai Baht stronger???

Any comments???

4. Who murdered the most Thais in a War on Drugs ?

5. Who amassed the most money through corruption ?

6. Who brought the most Billion-Baht law-suits to intimidate his opponents ?

7. Who has the most convictions & jail-time not-yet-served ?

Comment ... thank you for stopping using all-capitals in your posts.

To compare btw Abisit and Thaksin is not easy and hard to justify it.

Situations and environment are not the same.

From inside the country, parliament, and outside to the world.

Look at how they reached to the top position.

Thaksin got more vote (lots from buying), and even bought court in his first term.

Abhisit got into power by supports from elite class and army.

Both are "ok" by most Thais.

Time has proved that Thaksin has led Thailand to better economic based on his own wealthiness.

While Abhisit is just like a newly grad who is given a chance to lead the country.

To be fair, give Abhisit as much time as Thaksin had had to govern the country.

Any comments???

Quite.

AsiaMB has simply cherry-picked all the issues he could think of in which he thinks that Thaksin beats Abhisit, whilst conveniently completely ignoring all the others.

Talking about "Red Terrorists" and the like just makes you look silly.

What would you call threatening to blow up a gas truck in a residential area? What would you call throwing molotov cocktails? I wonder what the family of that young boy murdered by the red shirts at the street market would call them. Probably not terrorists. Probably MURDERERS.

I prefer to be seen as "silly" than a lackey for Thaksin.

so you supported the blockade of the airport... ??? Of course no one should support terrorism, be they blockading an airport (holding a country to ransom) or otherwise for political gain..... I sggest you focus on policy, all yellows and reds should be arrested.... what they BOTH did is wrong...

It should be a crime to congregate with any yellow or red shirts in gatherings more than 5.... I understand the issues re the King etc..... but any gathering that is not supporting the King, hat is politically motivated should be better dealt with than the ASEAN SUMMIT and the blocade of the airport...

According to the points raised by the OP, I would have to say that Thaksin was better. I totally disagree with how he was thrown out of power, but that said, I think Abhisit is a good PM. He is a consumate diplomat. He is charismatic and seems to be less dictatorial than Thaksin.

The overall problem is that the winds of change seem to point in the direction of empowering the poorer, rural people and there are a lot of them. Getting them to act together in a constructive manner for positive change is going to be difficult. I don't know if Abhisit has the long-term vision--or the ability to implement the vision--needed to help the country reconcile and change.

But then again, maybe nobody can.

Any comments???

Based on your questions I'd have to say your a Thaksin fan!

Screw the rich!! Move the capitla to ISSAN!!! YEA!!!! BKK is sinking anyways!

Any comments???

Quite.

AsiaMB has simply cherry-picked all the issues he could think of in which he thinks that Thaksin beats Abhisit, whilst conveniently completely ignoring all the others.

You're absolutely right.

Abhi Vs Thaksin ? It depends what matters more for you.

A certain romantic view of Thailand, that some try to define by “thainess” ? Then I will go with Abhi.

Now it’s difficult because I wish to stay “non partisan”, but let say the world has changed and Thailand need to change with it. Sorry, Thaksin is no angel but if I’ve to trust someone ….

Any comments???

1) Thaksin

2) Were they ever actually in danger? The Pattaya disaster was a lot about face, and little to do with safety.

3) Thaksin, but the coup brought the baht down, not Abhisit... and now it's at the mercy of a global downturn

4) Thaksin (with the mandate of the people... ask a Thai... most of them supported this policy as distasteful as it is to westerners)

5) Thaksin, but if you add up the corruption that backs Abhisit (Suthep for one), I think you'll have a decent competition

6) Thaksin

7) Thaksin should be tried, but I have become convinced that the charges and the trial were drummed up by the coup appointed courts. Thaksin is an unethical fellow, but I don't think he has fallen more afoul of the law than any other politician... and the charges they've convicted with him are fairly suspect. So... yes he was convicted, but many MPs and Generals have committed dozens of land fraud violations. If the rule of law is to be followed, it needs to extend beyond Thaksin to be fair... which would unfortuneately cripple and almost totally dismantle the government.

One last point. A lot of you guys are touting the wonders of Abhisit. His charisma and poise on the world stage, etc. However, if you've lived in Thailand long enough, you should probably realize that the very fact that you think he is so great, is exactly why he can't succeed as the Thai premier.

Any comments???

1) Thaksin

2) Were they ever actually in danger? The Pattaya disaster was a lot about face, and little to do with safety.

3) Thaksin, but the coup brought the baht down, not Abhisit... and now it's at the mercy of a global downturn

4) Thaksin (with the mandate of the people... ask a Thai... most of them supported this policy as distasteful as it is to westerners)

5) Thaksin, but if you add up the corruption that backs Abhisit (Suthep for one), I think you'll have a decent competition

6) Thaksin

7) Thaksin should be tried, but I have become convinced that the charges and the trial were drummed up by the coup appointed courts. Thaksin is an unethical fellow, but I don't think he has fallen more afoul of the law than any other politician... and the charges they've convicted with him are fairly suspect. So... yes he was convicted, but many MPs and Generals have committed dozens of land fraud violations. If the rule of law is to be followed, it needs to extend beyond Thaksin to be fair... which would unfortuneately cripple and almost totally dismantle the government.

One last point. A lot of you guys are touting the wonders of Abhisit. His charisma and poise on the world stage, etc. However, if you've lived in Thailand long enough, you should probably realize that the very fact that you think he is so great, is exactly why he can't succeed as the Thai premier.

Actually Abhi is only popular with the Bangkok ladies. Perfect husband, perfect son ... And, officially, their husbands agree. But when they're alone in the voting booth...

Any comments???

Thaksin seemed to be better as a PM in those areas. :o

The yellow side never accepts so.

What would you call threatening to blow up a gas truck in a residential area? What would you call throwing molotov cocktails? I wonder what the family of that young boy murdered by the red shirts at the street market would call them. Probably not terrorists. Probably MURDERERS.

Unfortunately you have to understand Thai or are a Thai to get what might be behind the gas trucks.

I remember seeing the gas truck at Din Daeng with tv reports of gas being released and strong gas smell. And a few burning truck tyres nearby, some burning oil bottles made from Truth Today drinking bottles being thrown around. Do you think if there was gas in the tank under that Song Kran heat and fires around?

Let me tell you a story:

Scene 1: The man robs my purse and throws it to another man.

Scene 2: I catch the man. He has no purse of course.

Scene 3: I hit the man and he dies.

Someone shows a video of scene 3 so it looks like I'm the killer.

I wonder what the family of that young boy murdered by the red shirts at the street market would call them. Probably not terrorists. Probably MURDERERS.

The reds do not have any supports the yellows have. All the reds have are number of people. They need as more people as possible. Muslim, Buddhist monk, police, and people wearing yellow have no problem going with the reds. When they see "No entry" signage, they don't enter. When soldiers were coming near Government House, the reds still asked more people to come. They said that if there are a few thousand, it is easy for police or soldiers to clear. But where there are hundreds of people, it is a big issue to clear.

The story of reds killing 2 people at Nang Loeng just does not make any sense to me.

Muslim reds:

PICT0515528x396.jpg

Buddhist monks and policemen:

untitled338x253.jpguntitled2368x276.jpg

The reds don't enter

P1020941.jpg

A lady wearing yellow at the right side:

PICT0496b.jpg

What about Doraemon? thai seems to like him alot.....however this supposed to be a democracy so people should be entitled to be represented from whoever win an election, nevermind how bad is that person, hopefully people will realize their mistake at some stage and then give him what he deserves, this untill we will not be directed not by people, parties, etc but by the pure science that will find out which one is the right choice to take everytime, so be ready guys, Doraemon is getting closer and you can already see him in all 7 Eleven :o

post-73039-1240852084_thumb.jpg

Edited by surayu

Actually Abhi is only popular with the Bangkok ladies. Perfect husband, perfect son ... And, officially, their husbands agree. But when they're alone in the voting booth...

If this were true, I wonder how could the Democrats win 166 seats in the last election? Unless, you are saying that Bangkok ladies form 35% of the entire voting population....

Let me tell you a story:

Koo - in that story you are the killer... :o

Try again sweety.

Let me tell you a story:

Koo - in that story you are the killer... :o

Try again sweety.

:D:D:D:wai:

It just goes to show the logic of these people. (In Koo82's mind, he must be the victim in that scenario. I bet if the court rules that he's the murderer. He will tell everyone that it's a kangaroo court. And the whole thing is unjust. Blah blah blah. :D )

Any comments???

Two of your 3 questions had little to do with Thaksin implemented policies: he had one hand tied behind his back as far as fiscal policy was concerned - while Thaksin was running the show, Thailand was still in many respects subserviant to World Bank and IMF moneatry policies that Thailand was forced to signup to as a result of the 1990's Asian fincial crisis - much of that was still the dominent "macro" force in Thai economic policy during Thaksin's reign. The problem now of course is that the TB is far too strong for its own good and is doing nothing good for the foreign investments that came into Thailand under the IMF and World Bank policies.

Abhasit is going to have his hands full when it turns round - which it is almost certainly going to do sometime later this year/early next year - how he handles it (if he's still around - you never know in Thai politics what tomorrow wil bring!) wil be his legacy.

As for the security of foreign dignitaries/diplomats? (in Thailand): little to nothing to do with Thaksin, but a bunch of rather well trained and disciplined security officers (who were existed before Thaksin and are just as good today as they were then).

Why not hire someone outside to be Thailand's PM.

I am sure Bill Clinton is out of job at the moment. Don't mind he is a Democrate.

Bush senoir/junior is not allowed in Thailand. Being a Republican, they conflict with Thai LM law.

ohhh, that anti thaksin list.

and to get the vibes of back these day. read birthday speeches. on of 2002 and on of 2003.

i don't want justify the war on drug, but you don' have to forget to look at his former allies and what other have said this time, about the war on drugs.

2003 thaksin was voted for The Person of the Year best government politican and the war on drugs as "best achievement of the government". you have to see it und that context.

and just blame thaksin alone? govern is team work and so was it for thaksin. i don't think that this have been propaganda, not more worse thanit is today. the people loved him.

abhisits starts with the coup, the army, the yellows to come to office, the Rohingya scandal, the army for a crackdown in town.

and his fan.boys love him almost the same way, thaksin got loved before and is still is for a couple of thais. lunatic.

Any comments???

Interesting questions.... of course, still waiting for a reply from Koo82 or AsiaMB...... don't expect to see a logical reply or argument anytime soon, of course. :D

Koo82; if you hit the man and he died, yes, you are the killer. I don't see how anyone can get this messed up..... hit=die. You=killer. You hit him, he died. You killed him. You are the killer. Simple. Gosh.

AsiaMB, you are right that shirt colors are unimportant and people should be focused on policies. You comment you 'don't know' about many things, but you are SO sure that Abhisit won't be around for long. Got any evidence of this other than your crystal ball? I think you need to give it a shake, as well.

It's so very disappointing that some posters mentioned above can't get their head out of the clouds. They were confronted with the questions above posted by Ricardo, and they can't show the bravery to stand their own ground and respond clearly..... or is that Thaksin?

They've all disappeared, but, that's no suprise. I'm beginning to think that these types of posters are lacking some important cognitive processes..... or at least good arguement. :o

If you are my side, you will show scene 1 to 3.

If you are not my side, you will cut the 1st scene.

:D

Lesson of the day: let the man rob my purse like he had done for almost 20 times.

But problem is after he took my money, he claimed I'm corrupt as I have too many cash in the purse. He claim I got money from selling lottery which is illegal. However as he has no skills to run any business, he's going to spend the money I got from lottery selling.

:)

If this were true, I wonder how could the Democrats win 166 seats in the last election? Unless, you are saying that Bangkok ladies form 35% of the entire voting population....

I wonder if overthrowing the previous and decisive elections that TRT won, Staging a coup with the Junta putting its own rules in place with its own people to judge them, banning anybody that is popular and any parties that were popular, spreading blanket propaganda by banning electioneering by TRT, staging elections with a state of emergency still in place in the north of the country, THEN HILARIOUSLY LOOSING THE ELECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):D:D:D:D and subsequently disposing of two prime ministers because they were not subservient to the Bangkok elites had something to do with it.

I really don't think it could be more obvious to any but the most ardent PAD apologists that Abhisits route to chief puppet came about by fair elections.

With all this, how could the Democrats not have been "elected"?

...With all this, how could the Democrats not have been "elected"?

Sorry grandpops, you're wasting your breath typing. This is now a PAD forum. After all, he was corrupt, personally killed 2,500 innocent people and has a really square head.

Oops, one of those statements is wrong, but I can't remember which.