Best Food Shop/stand Sois Around Bkk?

jfchandler

Where I live in lower Sukhumvit, there are a few food shops on my soi and those nearby selling prepared Thai foods, as well as some mobile stands, particularly at night, selling fruits and vegetables and some other things... (And a fair number of vendors along Sukhumit Road, which I tend to avoid due to the dust/pollution issues for food there).

But, that's nothing compared to what you'll find in some more Thai neighborhoods around BKK. Just on a single street or section of a soi, you can find dozens and dozens of different food shops and stands lined end to end - providing a virtual paradise of food eating (mostly to-go) and shopping where almost anything can be had for cheap prices.

Where are your favorite sois and destinations for finding these kinds of places... I'd really like to find a similar area closer to home around Sukhumvit.

I'll nominate two areas/sois that fit my description above....

One is Phahon Yothin Soi 1, just below/south from Phya Thai II Hospital and the Sanam Pao BTS station. There's a Tops Supermarket hidden nearby there back off the main street. But on Soi 1, which you access off the main road on the west side of the street (same side as the hospital), there's everything conceivable to be found there in terms of raw and cooked/prepared foods. This soi is simply amazing for food.

Another is near the intersection of Klong Tan Road and Phattanakarn Road as you head up from Phra Kanong. In that locale, the food places are more concentrated along the main Klong Tan Road, although there's also a fresh food area on a side soi there. This area seems to be more oriented toward prepared foods, whereas Phahon Yothin Soi 1 is a pretty strong mix of prepared and fresh/raw/uncooked foods.

Pretty much every residential soi has some food shops and stands on hand. So I'm not talking about those. I'm talking about places that are haven/heavens for food and eating where dozens of places are all packed together in one locale.... Where do you like???

A cracking little area that's not too far from where I live is ChokChai soi 4 market just along the Lad Phrao road. There's an abundance of stalls there with ready cooked foods to take away or you can take a seat and order and eat on the spot.

The've got pretty much everything here, I love it!! :o

Probably too far from lower Suk to go, but if you ever happen to be in the area.......

Edited by thecatman

A cracking little area that's not too far from where I live is ChokChai soi 4 market just along the Lad Phrao road. There's an abundance of stalls there with ready cooked foods to take away or you can take a seat and order and eat on the spot.

The've got pretty much everything here, I love it!! :o

Probably too far from lower Suk to go, but if you ever happen to be in the area.......

dalat huay kwang. some of the best eating i ever had. i miss it since i moved.

The've got pretty much everything here, I love it!! :D

interesting, food is not the thing that jumps to mind when I think of Huay Kwang. :o

interesting, food is not the thing that jumps to mind when I think of Huay Kwang. :o

the best hoi tot i have ever had.

the best hoi tot i have ever had.

Hoi-tot

Kaosan road, middle soi - on the right hand side….seller: 2 thai brothers

Aroi maak maak