Hairdressers In Bangkok

missy1827

Hi,

I am looking for a good hairdresser in Bangkok (Sukhumvit area) preferably English speaking.

The last one I went to was quite expensive (highlights and haircut 6000 baht...if you also want a conditioner for your hair, you'll be looking at 7000 baht. Like to have my hair done, but not for those prices. Surely there are good ones for less in Bangkok somewhere...

Thanks. :)

Edited by missy1827

Hi,

I am looking for a good hairdresser in Bangkok (Sukhumvit area) preferably English speaking.

The last one I went to was quite expensive (highlights and haircut 6000 baht...if you also want a conditioner for your hair, you'll be looking at 7000 baht. Like to have my hair done, but not for those prices. Surely there are good ones for less in Bangkok somewhere...

Missy,

Another suggestion. Try Prasert at the Shangri-LA. He usually works at the Shangri-La, but occasionally rotates between Shangri-La and the Peninsula.

Book with him at the Shangri-La. Prices are much more reasonable than at the Peninsula. The Shangri-La is right next to BTS Saphan Thaksin. Easy to get to from Suk.

His cell phone is: 086-993-3588.

Hi,

Missy,

Another suggestion. Try Prasert at the Shangri-LA. He usually works at the Shangri-La, but occasionally rotates between Shangri-La and the Peninsula.

Book with him at the Shangri-La. Prices are much more reasonable than at the Peninsula. The Shangri-La is right next to BTS Saphan Thaksin. Easy to get to from Suk.

His cell phone is: 086-993-3588.

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. Might try it. :D

• 1 month later...

A great choice is Khun Phonatip (nickname Neang) who works at the Cut & Curl Salon in Central World.

The salon is located on the 3rd Floor in the Eden Zone of Central World (near the entrance to the skywalk between Chitlom and Siam BTS stations). Central World is the place formerly known as World Trade Center. His day off is usually on Fridays.

He has many Thai and international clients and speaks great English which is always helpful so that I know he understands what I'm looking for. Plus, it's nice to chat too.

I'd definitely recommend him for cuts, color, highlights, perms, re-bonding, treatments, etc. For both ladies and men.

He has a great website which gives more details on services, the location, and how to contact him for more information.

www.HairByPhonatip.com

Give him a try. You won't be disappointed. His clients seem to be very happy and satisfied when they leave.

Have a great day.

Well, I love Kris, at the Toni & Guy in Siam Discovery, He is one of the master stylists so costs around 1000 baht but knows how to style my semi curly mostly frizzy hair beautifully. His english is good and he is just so cute he makes me smile. Its nice to have a hairdresser that works with the reality that is my hair rather than try to make it something its not.

• 1 year later...

A great choice is Khun Phonatip (nickname Neang) who works at the Cut & Curl Salon in Central World.

The salon is located on the 3rd Floor in the Eden Zone of Central World (near the entrance to the skywalk between Chitlom and Siam BTS stations). Central World is the place formerly known as World Trade Center. His day off is usually on Fridays.

He has many Thai and international clients and speaks great English which is always helpful so that I know he understands what I'm looking for. Plus, it's nice to chat too.

I'd definitely recommend him for cuts, color, highlights, perms, re-bonding, treatments, etc. For both ladies and men.

He has a great website which gives more details on services, the location, and how to contact him for more information.

www.HairByPhonatip.com

Give him a try. You won't be disappointed. His clients seem to be very happy and satisfied when they leave.

Have a great day.

Cut and Curls was a catastrophic for me :

- Ancient type of coloring that really ruins the hair

- prehistoric technique of wrapping in tin foil which damages the hair

- Cut made very roughly ie did not check the length and just assume previous hair was symmetrical, no cut finish or adaptation to face.

- Nearly forgot a patch to color, I had to remind her

- hair very damaged afterwards

- Very pricey for what it was (3500 baht for color and cut)

You'll never get a good haircut in Thailand! I put this down to lack of training, common sense and pride in their work. They wash your hair first, before the person who is going to cut it has even looked at it while it's dry. Surely the first stage of a good haircut must be the consultation stage right at the start when the hairdresser can assess the texture of your (dry) hair and you can explain exactly what you want. Not in Thailand! Get the head in the sink for a 20 minute head massage ASAP. And they don't realise that all those thinning tools they use on Asian hair isn't suitable for finer European hair. Clueless!