Truevisons (UBC) To Cancel BBC Entertainment From 1st June

JetsetBkk

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just e mailed truevisions and the e mail was returned undelivered from

[email protected].

Happened to me yesterday, I suspect their mailbox is full.

mee too. when i tried to reply to their bog standard response email - which is the same as the others.

In response to the person scared of rainfade on the Multichoice stuff - its on a different frequency so it doesn't get affected as much.

Cheers,

Alex

Just called Customer 'Care' tonight & downgraded to Gold, effective 01st June because of BBC E cancellation.

BBC Prime was the only reason that we upgraded from the Gold that was already in the condo when we moved in a few years back.

BTW, has anyone else been requested to fax copy of passport to downgrade? When I pointed out that they didn't need this when I upgraded by telephone, they agreed to passport number over the phone......

And when the lady asked where the passport was from, I couldn't help suspect that they are assessing the Nationality of the downgraders..... :)

[email protected].

Happened to me yesterday, I suspect their mailbox is full.

This usually happens to me when I reply to their emails.

When you send a message via their website's "Contact us" page, it gets sent to the "[email protected]" address. I think it then gets sent to lots of other addresses - they are like a group of people at that email address, but they also have their own address.

But if I send an email using my email client, I usually get an "undeliverable" message from [email protected] or [email protected].

I don't think it means that no one at true got the message, just that one or more of the people in the group didn't.

PS. I just sent a message via "Contact us" page informing them that I will cancel if they don't continue BBCE. Every little bit helps. Maybe.

I hate to say this, but as I am always very wary of TrueVisions' actions I wonder if this is a master plan by them to raise prices. How's this for a scenario:

They ditch their most popular channel on the Platinum package (BBC Entertainment) in the knowledge that most Platinum subscribers will downgrade to Gold. Then a month or so down the line and, hey presto! - BBC Entertainment re-appears back on Platinum. The trick is that Platinum now costs more. The reason I say this is that I can never remember UBC/True raising prices - they just mess around with the various packages.

Maybe I'm just being too suspicious - but we all know what they're like.

There are 3 letters in today's Bangkok Post on the subject. One is particularly amusing, making fun of True's poor grammar in their reply. Of course, for balance, a letter praising True's "brave decision" and asking for more quality American programming like Fox News :) has also been published!

Just called Customer 'Care' tonight & downgraded to Gold, effective 01st June because of BBC E cancellation.

BBC Prime was the only reason that we upgraded from the Gold that was already in the condo when we moved in a few years back.

BTW, has anyone else been requested to fax copy of passport to downgrade? When I pointed out that they didn't need this when I upgraded by telephone, they agreed to passport number over the phone......

And when the lady asked where the passport was from, I couldn't help suspect that they are assessing the Nationality of the downgraders..... :)

Actually one thing when I downgraded.. they asked for nothing.. and the email I used is not the name my contract is in...

So made me think what piss poor security.. Can I anonymously up or downgrade anyones service if I know thier number.

After living in the great US of A on several occasions, I can confirm that their TV is almost universally pre-digested, infantile bilge water. It comes as no surprise that the average American has no interest in BBC entertainment. They don't understand it for goodness sake. The humour is too subtle, the drama requires one to think. By all means give them their cartoons but please let the grown-ups have their BBC fix.

I cancelled my platinum subscription today.

I hate to say this, but as I am always very wary of TrueVisions' actions I wonder if this is a master plan by them to raise prices. How's this for a scenario:

They ditch their most popular channel on the Platinum package (BBC Entertainment) in the knowledge that most Platinum subscribers will downgrade to Gold. Then a month or so down the line and, hey presto! - BBC Entertainment re-appears back on Platinum. The trick is that Platinum now costs more. The reason I say this is that I can never remember UBC/True raising prices - they just mess around with the various packages.

Maybe I'm just being too suspicious - but we all know what they're like.

You could be right on making Platinum more expensive, but I am thinking it would be more due to the addition of ASN and Nickelodeon than anything else (I already pay extra for the Disney Channel).

I very much understand the British community wanting the only channel that televises shows from their home country to be retained, but I think it is a stretch to say that BBC Entertainment is the most popular channel in the Platinum package. True caters to the Thai community and their view appears to be that the majority of the Thai community couldn't care less about BBC Entertainment.

After living in the great US of A on several occasions, I can confirm that their TV is almost universally pre-digested, infantile bilge water. It comes as no surprise that the average American has no interest in BBC entertainment. They don't understand it for goodness sake. The humour is too subtle, the drama requires one to think. By all means give them their cartoons but please let the grown-ups have their BBC fix.

I cancelled my platinum subscription today.

We will be doing the same!. There is already enough of what you rightly call the 'pre-digested, infantile bilge water' being shown and we will most definitely be cancelling our subscription (platinum)

Thank goodness that we didn't renew for 12 months, but opted for monthly payments as we are were already looking at alternatives.l

I would much rather spend the extra money on increasing the speed of the internet so that we can download TV a bit quicker- yes I do know that external links are the slowdown points, but every little helps. Any comments about the best way to download over the internet would be very welcome. Stxff 'Idiot Vision'

My UBC package runs out on 27th May - I wont be renewing either. This is the final nail in the coffin of what has become for me a continuing run down of the service. There have been no/reduced FA cup games this year, no/reduced England games the films seem to be old and there are many re-runs. Although to be honest, BBCE seems to be a lot of re-runs of AB-Fab, Office and Vicar OF Dibley, it was kind of nice to have these 'old friends' around!

I have a large dish in the garden and the internet so I will start seeing what viewing I can get from these sources.

Happy Viewing...

I am fuming with True.

Let me give a bit of background first. In december i got the PVR service and paid 9999 Baht (because i was Platinum subscriber) and was told there was NO monthly service fee (usually 300 baht) for the first year.

Anyway , my first bill arrives and i see i am paying a discounted service fee of 199 baht (from 300). I was a little annoyed about this because it wasnt what i had been told but i figured ok its only 199 baht i can live with it. Recently True have announced BBC entertainment is leaving and basically like many of you this is the only reason i have platinum so today i called up to switch to the gold package.

I was told if i switch to Gold my PVR service fee will go from the current 199 Baht to the regular 300. So i explained that when i bought the box i was told there was NO fee for 12 months. No that isnt correct the lady said. So i thought for a minute and then said ok i am a bit annoyed about this and havent really been using the PVR service. I told her i was planning to sell the PVR box and go back to a regular one. "CANNOT" she said. "CANNOT transfer to someone else, only you can use". Basically my 10k PVR box is now worthless. Anyone who leaves the country and doesnt need it anymore cannot sell it. "WORTHLESS".

This is so ridiculous and im so angry about it ive decided to cancel my whole UBC subscription. I have been a member for 4 years but they clearly have no interest in looking after their customers. They just want to sell the PVR boxes themselves and have now ripped me off for 10k baht. BEWARE.

To cancel i have to go to the agent here in chiang mai and produce my passport. I didnt need to do this to sign up. They seem to do whatever is necessary to make it as difficult as possible.

I am very disappointed and will be making other arrangements for my tv system.

...I would much rather spend the extra money on increasing the speed of the internet so that we can download TV a bit quicker- yes I do know that external links are the slowdown points, but every little helps. Any comments about the best way to download over the internet would be very welcome. Stxff 'Idiot Vision'

I'm now downloading "Silent Witness" series 11 from TheBox.bz - already got half, the rest will be done in 7 hours or so. True is starting series 10 next week.

I've also got Spooks series 6 & 7 - True will start showing 6 next week.

I noticed that BBC Entertainment is cutting the episodes for no reason other than to reduce the time, apparently. By doing this, they ruin bits of the story line - bits that the writer and director have carefully added, but BBC Ent. decide shouldn't be there.

They also cut gory bits out (even Doctor Who and Torchwood) as well as just about any kissing in any programme, no matter how perfectly it fits in with the storyline.

I must say I've just had a very pleasant phone call with TrueVisions. It was the call to downgrade my subscription from Platinum to Gold and denying them of much needed income. The 'officer' said that True world inform me if the contract with BBC Entertainment was renewed. I don't want to read too much into this, but does that mean they are re-negotiating? Probably not as that would be logical and we know that True aren't into doing things the logical way, but let's hope so.

Feel sorry for MartinBKK though - I was thinking about buying a PVR a while back but decided not to after it didn't work properly during the free trial. Glad I didn't. What a rip-off. It most countries I know, when you buy something it's YOURS. Not here though. TIT.

[email protected].

I HAVE JUST RECIEVED A REPLY ,USUALL BILGE ABOUT BETTER SERVICE FOR THE CUSTOMER AND THANKING ME FOR MY SUPPORT.

MY REPLY WAS THAT I WAS NOT SUPPORTING THEM AND AS MY ORIGINAL E MAIL WOULD BE DOWNGRADING FROM PLATINUM BECAUSE OF THEIR POOR SERVICE.

Feel sorry for MartinBKK though - I was thinking about buying a PVR a while back but decided not to after it didn't work properly during the free trial. Glad I didn't. What a rip-off. It most countries I know, when you buy something it's YOURS. Not here though. TIT.

Oh its his all right.. It just wont work outside of his subscription.. For him or anyone else.

Much better ways to do the PVR with aftermarket components.

Oh its his all right.. It just wont work outside of his subscription.. For him or anyone else.

Much better ways to do the PVR with aftermarket components.

we went to test out a pvr ,but when i realised what a rip off it was didnt bother,even the assistant knew it and laughed as so many people on learning the terms just walked out.

I must say i'm really annoyed with true... now i want to cancel... i've been told that the 11K i paid when i joined wasn't deposit, 7K of it was "installation".

I'm going to cancel anyway. There must be a better, more bang for the buck service out there...

This is rediculous.

I was told if i switch to Gold my PVR service fee will go from the current 199 Baht to the regular 300. So i explained that when i bought the box i was told there was NO fee for 12 months. No that isnt correct the lady said.

I have the PVR, and didn't pay the maintenance fee for one year (it was part of their advertising). I do pay THB 199 (or thereabouts) for the extra Disney, Discovery and HBO channels (a la carte channels) and this does go back to THB 300 if my subscriber status is lowered.

Are you sure you aren't confusing the maintenance charge with the the cost for the a la carte channels?

Two subscriptions a silver and a platinum just cancelled one and downgraded the other ! Was told BBCE was not going to be shown and was definately cancelled . I am already downloading from thebox.biz and saving myself 3000 baht a month

So thanks UBC for helping me in this global downturn xxxxx

I must say i'm really annoyed with true... now i want to cancel... i've been told that the 11K i paid when i joined wasn't deposit, 7K of it was "installation".

Something seriously wrong there: True Visions = 1K installation, 2K deposit (returned by cheque after 45 days, assuming you go the distance of the contract, I just got my deposit back from my old apartment). Did they have to set up a dish or something?

Apologies if this has been covered so far... I went to pay my monthly subscription at Niyom Panich(sp??) in Chiang Mai yesterday and the regular counter girl was amazed that BBC was coming to an end. She rang the call centre to confirm who confirmed and told her to give me the email address if I would like to make a point.

I'm sure the powers to be have made their executive decisions of Thai Cost Benefit Analysis.....

however here's the address they gave [email protected]... the more the merrier..

regards Bojo

Apologies if this has been covered so far... I went to pay my monthly subscription at Niyom Panich(sp??) in Chiang Mai yesterday and the regular counter girl was amazed that BBC was coming to an end. She rang the call centre to confirm who confirmed and told her to give me the email address if I would like to make a point.

I'm sure the powers to be have made their executive decisions of Thai Cost Benefit Analysis.....

however here's the address they gave [email protected]... the more the merrier..

regards Bojo

already e mailed them ,usuall rubbish reply,thanked me for my support.

e mailed back saying i didnt support them and was cancelling---no reply.

regards Bojo

already e mailed them ,usuall rubbish reply,thanked me for my support.

e mailed back saying i didnt support them and was cancelling---no reply.

Probably an automated reply, however it's worth a try, you never know... strength in number sand all that!

I know the channel is full of stuff up to 6 years old and more, however being a Brit, it gives me that sense of 'home' sometimes. I need that fix!

regards Bojo

I'm going to cancel anyway. There must be a better, more bang for the buck service out there...

This is rediculous.

I remember that I paid 4k deposit for the decoder box.

The entire bill was for 14,990 and covered the deposit, installation and "1x UBC DStv" which is the decoder box(?). So, does that mean I bought the decoder box?

The bill is - of course - not broken down into individual costs. :)

here is the email I sent today. I expect to get the same reply as everyone else! but you never know !

"Dear Sir Madam

I would like to inform you that I will be cancelling one of my subscriptions and downgrading the other after your decision to cancel BBC entertainment. I am sorry but I think you have demonstrated total disrespect to your customers. At least I will be saving myself 3000 baht ever month so I should now be able to watch Malaysian sat or South African which at least shows more programmes that I want to watch and you will be 3000 baht worse off (although from the emails and posts on Thai Visa.com and letters I have seen in the Bangkok Post I really think you will be losing a lot more than this."