Maxnet Adsl 2+ And Zycel Router That Don't Work With It

orang37

< gentle reader, kindly note : even though I can't help my farang from story-telling in his own style, if any of you have any specific experience with Zycel routers and ADSL 2+, I'd so appreciate hearing from you ! >

Sawasdee Khrup, TeeVee friends,

Last Thursday, April 24, 10 am, after the incredible experience of having MaxNet Premiere (level one) actually work reliably for almost two months : no connection. Two days of phone calls to 1103 with the usual results; no contact back from MaxNet after the usual promises of our technician will call you. On one phone call to 1103 I was actually transferred more than five times which is a "personal worst" :) Of course, since TIT, this outage happened at the worst possible time in terms of my need to use the internet.

I had to exit for Laos Sunday night, got back Thursday am : no connection, but the MaxNet tech had called three times on the 28th. while I was out of country, a crumb for which I am (no sarcasm here) grateful. Of course I had no expectations that after close of business on Friday, 25th., anything would happen during the weekend.

So, wiping away the grit from my slumblerless eyes from the overnight (so-called) "first class" bus from Udon Thani to Chiang Mai, I celebrated arriving home this Thursday am with calling back the number.

I'm happy to say the tech was easy to talk to, and he promised me he would do his very best to come out yesterday afternoon. And he did. And my experience with MaxNet techs in preson has been very positive.

The two techs told me they had now wired me up to ADSL 2+ and that the line between my house and the centralizing server-router would now be shorter which would mean better performance. Hoo-raw !

But, they were unable to configure my Zycel router (purchased only a year ago after I had gone through two other routers before I finally convinced MaxNet that the problem I was having was in their line, not my hardware), to use ADSL 2+. Raw-hoo !

So now I have a loaner router from MaxNet until Monday, and, even though the farang I inhabit was a computer programmer oncet and quite successful at it at companies like Adobe, the mysteries of router configuration are a black hole whose event horizon I do not wish to go near.

And, yes, the performance of ADSL 2+ is better (340-350k downloads compared to previously 220k or so).

Oh wonderful Amazing Thailand !

regards, ~o:37;