Store Loyalty Cards

ianh68

These cards are aimed at farangs as well as Thais. I have both and use them to get a discount on purchases. On each I am accumulating a points score. I cannot find anything in English describing how I can redeem these points. Has anyone successfully redeemed their points? How did they do it?

I don't use loyalty cards for two reasons:

1) I have enough money to survive comfortably but do not have the time or patience to fool around with voucher and points, which are often too dam_n difficult to redeem (NEVER managed to redeem airmiles for example). Also I'm not sufficiently organized to carry three hundred different membership/stamp/sticker cards for everywhere I shop/eat.

2) 'Loyalty' card is a misnomer - it is the vendor that should be loyal to ME not vice-versa and I don't want my purchasing decisions to be influenced by mythological points over clear pricing and service.

Just my point of view but, again, I don't have to count the satangs.

These cards are aimed at farangs as well as Thais. I have both and use them to get a discount on purchases. On each I am accumulating a points score. I cannot find anything in English describing how I can redeem these points. Has anyone successfully redeemed their points? How did they do it?

Goto customer services at Robinsons or Homeworks, they will check your points, if you have around 800 points you can get a 100baht voucher.

Best go and check

I don't use loyalty cards for two reasons:

1) I have enough money to survive comfortably but do not have the time or patience to fool around with voucher and points, which are often too dam_n difficult to redeem (NEVER managed to redeem airmiles for example). Also I'm not sufficiently organized to carry three hundred different membership/stamp/sticker cards for everywhere I shop/eat.

2) 'Loyalty' card is a misnomer - it is the vendor that should be loyal to ME not vice-versa and I don't want my purchasing decisions to be influenced by mythological points over clear pricing and service.

Just my point of view but, again, I don't have to count the satangs.

In Tops all the discounts are for spot card holders only.

I got my wallet stolen during Songkran (fist time in my life anyone has managed to pickpocket me.) As a result, I lost my cards. Can they look up my point balance when I get a new card, or are those points lost?

I got my wallet stolen during Songkran (fist time in my life anyone has managed to pickpocket me.) As a result, I lost my cards. Can they look up my point balance when I get a new card, or are those points lost?

THey use your phonenumber

You can give that at the counter to if you do not have your card. The points dont seem to matter a lot but the discount for the card can.

At TOPS you can tell them your telephone number, the points are at the bottom of the receipt. After 200points you get 20baht, then get a new card.

At Robinsons, the Expat Card, am not sure about if they can issue a new card with the points transferred best to check at Customer services

Goto customer services at Robinsons or Homeworks, they will check your points, if you have around 800 points you can get a 100baht voucher.

Best go and check

Sometimes one of the department stores will have a special promotion where you can redeem double your points on certain items eg. if you have 800 on your card you get a 1,600 redemption allowance.

It doesn't seem to operate at all branches at the same time though.

bonobo - chances are the thief has been using your spot card since then to rack up points on your behalf - silver (back) lining mate. :)

I let the Mrs handle the points and things....and it pays off.

Everytime I ask her "what the hel_l are you doing, let's just pay and go" she come back to me a minute or two later and "says I just got 30% off the price" :) - like this weekend at Central World Plaza. I am no coupon cutter but in this case the 30% off totalled 975 baht.

Edited by bkkjames

Ive signed up 3 times for that tops card and they still never send me the dam coupons... bastards

But did you give them your right address telephone number and email or give fake ones because you didn't want to get spammed.