Photos Required For Marriage Extension

thanks ubonjoe.. just one bit more of clarification.. does the bank letter need to confirm just the balance of 400k or states that the 400k balance was present

for 2 months as per immigration requirements..

thanks again

It will confrim your balance the bank book will cofirm the 2 months. But some immigration offices are asking for 3 months [Pattaya, Chiang Mai).

Best to do the bank letter the day before or even better is the date you go to immigration.

Just been at Immigration in Soi Suan Plu Bangkok, they required the following for an extention (not the first application) apart from the usual copies:

400k+ in the bank for 3 months (actually I had it there a week short from 3 months but as it was the change in the rules and I used this 400K+ for the first time they allowed it), letter from the bank and copy of bankbook stating the same amount and updated on the same day so I had to put an additional 100 baht in there to show your bankbook update on that day.

Required also is a new (recent) photo of you and your wife in front of your house with the house number visible.

thanks ubonjoe.. just one bit more of clarification.. does the bank letter need to confirm just the balance of 400k or states that the 400k balance was present

for 2 months as per immigration requirements..

thanks again

Just been at Immigration in Soi Suan Plu Bangkok, they required the following for an extention (not the first application) apart from the usual copies:

400k+ in the bank for 3 months (actually I had it there a week short from 3 months but as it was the change in the rules and I used this 400K+ for the first time they allowed it), letter from the bank and copy of bankbook stating the same amount and updated on the same day so I had to put an additional 100 baht in there to show your bankbook update on that day.

Required also is a new (recent) photo of you and your wife in front of your house with the house number visible.

Well,as always every Office(Officer)has his/her own requirement.If they could inform the people affected,this would be a big help.

If they could follow their own rules........no,not possible in Amazing Thailand. :)

Edited by ubonjoe
fixed quote ubonjoe

From reports it appears Suan Plu is requiring 3 months if you have had an extension before. And 2 months for a new application.

Thats not what the rules say. But every immigration office can make there own rules.

Well,as always every Office(Officer)has his/her own requirement.If they could inform the people affected,this would be a big help.

If they could follow their own rules........no,not possible in Amazing Thailand. :)

True, but they have to gather evidence which is to convince the senior officer that the visa should be granted and to my experience the more evidence the happier they are. The way they handle the process I find usually very pleasant, the officers always want to cooperate as much as they can, within the set rules, for you to get your desired visa. This is in sharp contrast with some European practices where it depends on the whim of the local office whether or not you get your stamp, even if you yourself have residence in the EU.

It was before this year - have you checked recently?

Yes. After reading advice on this forum I checked with my imm. office 60 days before renewal was due. I renewed my 12 month marriage visa a couple of weeks ago with joint a/c. No prob.

Maybe I should elaborate further as my experience seems to contradict and upset the advice of moderators.

After reading the advice on this forum that joint a/cs were no longer acceptable I embarked on a hour and half drive with wife to Phu Sing Imm office. There the officer advised me that our joint a/c was fine - he said the only change was requirement for 2 month dep. instead of 3 and that there had been no further interpretation from head office on this. Wasted best part of a day but ok, thought it was sorted.

Went back to extend visa based on marr. end of Mar. The whole office had changed. I was served by an officer who had just arrived from Phuket. A chief officer from Phibun Magsahan was in charge and another officer transferred from Sauvanabaum was present. Our joint a/c was accepted, no question asked, so I queried it, citing questions on the internet. The officer dealing with me confirmed the original reply from the previous Phu Sing officer. My wife then queried the woman in charge who also agreed and this was confirmed by the woman from Sauvanabaum. The officer who originally dealt with me 60days earlier had been transferred to Chonburi.

All documents were then sent to Korat (who have jurisdiction over all Isaan imm. offices) for approval. Needless to say, it was approved and I got the visa extension stamp end April.

So, from the evidence I have, joint a/cs are accepted in Phu Sing, should be accepted in Phibun Magshan, Sauvanabaum, Phuket and Chonburi, and indeed, in all Isaan offices who are under the jurisdiction of Korat.

Just noticed that you have used the same office that I will have to apply to at the end of this year for a "marriage extension" - it would be really helpful if you could list all of the documents that they required and, in particular, did they ask for any of these "photos at home" mentioned on this thread?

Many thanks.

Just noticed that you have used the same office that I will have to apply to at the end of this year for a "marriage extension" - it would be really helpful if you could list all of the documents that they required and, in particular, did they ask for any of these "photos at home" mentioned on this thread?

Many thanks.

My visa extension is on a Non Imm O single entry extended for reason of marr to Thai wife. Docs required were:

House book

map to house (they have an A4 sheet on which they normally require you to draw directions but I had one which I printed out), directions to your hotel should be acceptable

Marr. certificate (mine was in English from HK) and certified Thai translation

Two 6x4 passport photos

Wife's Thai ID and passport

Main passport pages

Letter from bank stating balance (closer to date the better)

Bank a/c book (they accept a joint a/c) they asked the source of the money in the a/c and I was able to show them an a/c statement from a foreign bank (HK) in my name. They require balance of Bt400,000 for two months

Photos of marriage and in the home together (they photocopied and returned them)

Bt1,900

Two copies are required of all documents, they send one to Korat (main office) for approval and keep one at the office, approval is normally a month later (you will get a one month stamp in your pp) and you have to return to get the one year stamp, best to phone first before you go for the final stamp. They may also make enquiries with neighbours through the police, I guess they would check with your hotel.

The Phu Sing office is actually close to the border at Chong Sangham and is a good hours' drive from Sisaket. It is not normally very busy and is quite friendly. I have been using the office for three years but all the staff changed a couple of months ago.

Many thanks.

My visa extension is on a Non Imm O single entry extended for reason of marr to Thai wife. Docs required were:

House book

map to house (they have an A4 sheet on which they normally require you to draw directions but I had one which I printed out), directions to your hotel should be acceptable

Marr. certificate (mine was in English from HK) and certified Thai translation

Two 6x4 passport photos

Wife's Thai ID and passport

Main passport pages

Letter from bank stating balance (closer to date the better)

Bank a/c book (they accept a joint a/c) they asked the source of the money in the a/c and I was able to show them an a/c statement from a foreign bank (HK) in my name. They require balance of Bt400,000 for two months

Photos of marriage and in the home together (they photocopied and returned them)

Bt1,900

Two copies are required of all documents, they send one to Korat (main office) for approval and keep one at the office, approval is normally a month later (you will get a one month stamp in your pp) and you have to return to get the one year stamp, best to phone first before you go for the final stamp. They may also make enquiries with neighbours through the police, I guess they would check with your hotel.

The Phu Sing office is actually close to the border at Chong Sangham and is a good hours' drive from Sisaket. It is not normally very busy and is quite friendly. I have been using the office for three years but all the staff changed a couple of months ago.

Thank you so much Pnustedt - that info will be a great help to us.