Watching Pattaya's Decline

Boater

quzzi 850m2 who are you trying to convince thet pattaya has expats who are not there for the bargirls, what a load of tosh, what are they there for, clean beaches, being able to cross the street, fine dining etc the list is long all of which are in better places in the world, pattaya is first and foremost there for sex poor girls selling out to the pedoes,perverts and sad men who cant get a women without having to pay for it, without this pattaya would still be a sleppy town in thailand

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously many tree huggers, do gooders, uninformed people, the argumentitive, lager louts, business people etc contributing to the post but it seems no Thai's that have actual influence on the subject, so my reply is if you don't like Pattaya bugger off to pathetic UK, war mongering USA, useless Austalia, credit crunced so called western ecomony, and before you critise Pattaya look at that bloke who locked his daughter away in Belgiam, baby P in UK, baby Climbie UK, shootings at schools in USA, look at the UK again, the amount of child molestation outweighs any where else in the world, need I go on?

No you needn't go on you're full of <deleted>.

quzzi 850m2 who are you trying to convince thet pattaya has expats who are not there for the bargirls, what a load of tosh, what are they there for, clean beaches, being able to cross the street, fine dining etc the list is long all of which are in better places in the world, pattaya is first and foremost there for sex poor girls selling out to the pedoes,perverts and sad men who cant get a women without having to pay for it, without this pattaya would still be a sleppy town in thailand

See response to Mr. Buffalo

Tiffany show has a huge advertising sign on Sukhumvit north pattaya, but all the writing is in Thai, not exactly the way to inform the "tourists" of what you are offering, unless of course you only want Thai "tourists"? :)

Pattaya always seems to have plenty reporting after any events / shows but little or bugger all advertising prior to any events, long going problem in my opinion! :D

brasso - what rott said!

Obviously many tree huggers, do gooders, uninformed people, the argumentitive, lager louts, business people etc contributing to the post but it seems no Thai's that have actual influence on the subject, so my reply is if you don't like Pattaya bugger off to pathetic UK, war mongering USA, useless Austalia, credit crunced so called western ecomony, and before you critise Pattaya look at that bloke who locked his daughter away in Belgiam, baby P in UK, baby Climbie UK, shootings at schools in USA, look at the UK again, the amount of child molestation outweighs any where else in the world, need I go on?

No you needn't go on you're full of <deleted>.

Here, here, but I agree with him on one point. If you don't like Pattaya bugger off! :)

A shame, sad but true. I read the article in the business post, can only hope the other business leader will join hands with Mr Sutham and help clean up/stop the decline. They have the necessary resources, will use them wisely(?) :D:)

I did read Sutham Phanthusak's report in the paper and it reminded me a little of the pot calling the kettle black. He built his successful business on the back of the Pattaya special "entertainment" type package. Now that he has a 5 star hotel he wants to get rid of Pattaya's seedy image and change the city into something that it isn't. Correct me if I am wrong, someone, but wasn't Pattaya once just a sleepy little fishing village before it became an R&R entertainment center for the military on leave? It reminds me of people who move next to a pig farm because the land is cheap and then complaining about the smell.

Totally agree.......it is this misguided thought process of people like the owner of Tiffany that is harming the local economy.

If he has his way the city will be destroyed--and it looks like those in power agree with him along with the real estate hounds.

It is too bad......some of us remember a fun town that was special.

The problem with Pattaya, imo, is the infrastructure hasnt kept pace with the boom years, and what's in place now is not much better than it was when Pattaya was a "tranquil seaside resort" of a few years ago, apart from a bit of tinkering.

Whether this is due to greed at City Hall, lack of vision there, or just plain "ivory towers syndrome" i dont know.

What i DO know is that even to venture out at night from somewhere like Soi Diana is a mixture of taking your life in your hands trying to cross Second Road, and then sitting in a Baht Bus as it gets stuck in traffic for anything from 20-45 minutes while making the journey to Pattaya Tai and Walking Street

This happened to me on a regular basis during my last trip there Feb/March. And this is when, according to the article, the hotels are only just above 1/4 full, <deleted> !!!! I shudder to think what the problem is like in HIGH season. :)

How many near misses must there be before someone DOES something about the motorcycles whizzing up and down the narrow sois off Walking Street (Soi Diamond, Soi BJ to name but 2). The ammount of times i have been (or have seen people) walking in them and nearly getting my/their legs taken from under them beggars belief.

When will we see a well kept, finished pavement system that you can walk on without fear of turning an ankle, because whoever laid it either ran out of paviors and just filled the gaps with sand, so it started washing away and collapsing, or just couldnt be bothered laying them properly in the first place? Or one that doesnt narrow that much in places you have to walk in the road to get anywhere.

Go along Beach Road (beach side) after its rained and see how many "swimming pools" there are.....standing water on the footway. Where are all the passing bridges/pedestrian walkways above the heavilly trafficed areas? Both Beach Road and Second Road would be a start. Etc, etc ad infinitum. The list could go on and on the longer these problems are left to fester.

Its time to drag the City Hall Mandarins out from behind their desks and their trendy get-together "brainstorming meetings" and get them in their trendy hi-vis jackets, and out and about in the place itself, and LOOK at first hand the mess it really is.

Sadly, this might never happen. Thais dont listen to farangs points of view there, and the Thais there dont seem to either care or seem afraid to voice THEIR opinon.

Lets all hope that the gentleman who contributed to the article is both hi-so enough to get some attention, and just the first of many similarly placed people to voice their IMO genuine concerns. Genuine as in ........needing to be said and heard.

Penkoprod

Wow...can't beleive all the negative posts...I agree with one posted who said they're probably from enveous guys who are stuck in "sunny" England (or some other farangland locale) and wish they were living here. In order to make themselves feel better, they like to post about the negatives of Pattaya (which can be found in any city anywhere).

Well, to all you negatives, I'm going to Tony's gym for my workout (B 6000 for 3 gyms for 1 year), then off to Fuji for some Japanese food lunch (fill my belly for B 200 or about US$ 6.00); then home to surf the net for a few hours in the heat of the afternoon or take a nap, then walk a few steps to my neighborhood cafe for my daily latte (B 40, with free wi-fi and daily paper ), then maybe have dinner at any of hundreds of restos for US 5-10; then off to a bar to see semi-naked girls twirling around on stage for the price of a beer (B 50-100 or USD 1.50-3.00...a little cheaper than the USD 50 entrance fees to strip-clubs where you are right); and then either come home alone for a good nite's sleep or come home to some all nite fun for less than the price you paid to enter that strip club in London or NYC.

So go ahead...enjoy your day and I'll enjoy mine... :)

Agree with MeetJohnDoe, Pattaya changes due to a war and horney GI's, loads of people make money and even more are employed, business booms. Redult the "know alls" think things should change, go upmarket, get posh, hide the sex under the carpet.

Combine with economic problems and a downturn in tourism and you have a resort without direction.

oh and who is supposed to pay for the changes, would it be the beer and go go bars?????

While I agree the vision of a 5 star paradise is a non starter, there really are some very serious infrastructure and social/political/mafia problems here. I can't imagine where the political will would come from to change much. Too dangerous.

Edited by Jingthing

Tiffany show has a huge advertising sign on Sukhumvit north pattaya, but all the writing is in Thai, not exactly the way to inform the "tourists" of what you are offering, unless of course you only want Thai "tourists"? :)

Pattaya always seems to have plenty reporting after any events / shows but little or bugger all advertising prior to any events, long going problem in my opinion! :D

brasso - what rott said!

for you and rott must apply to you 2

Wow...can't beleive all the negative posts...I agree with one posted who said they're probably from enveous guys who are stuck in "sunny" England (or some other farangland locale) and wish they were living here. In order to make themselves feel better, they like to post about the negatives of Pattaya (which can be found in any city anywhere).

Well, to all you negatives, I'm going to Tony's gym for my workout (B 6000 for 3 gyms for 1 year), then off to Fuji for some Japanese food lunch (fill my belly for B 200 or about US$ 6.00); then home to surf the net for a few hours in the heat of the afternoon or take a nap, then walk a few steps to my neighborhood cafe for my daily latte (B 40, with free wi-fi and daily paper ), then maybe have dinner at any of hundreds of restos for US 5-10; then off to a bar to see semi-naked girls twirling around on stage for the price of a beer (B 50-100 or USD 1.50-3.00...a little cheaper than the USD 50 entrance fees to strip-clubs where you are right); and then either come home alone for a good nite's sleep or come home to some all nite fun for less than the price you paid to enter that strip club in London or NYC.

So go ahead...enjoy your day and I'll enjoy mine... :)

i will allways enjoy my days and nights thanks, but as for being enveous way off the mark there, as i said take the girls away and pattaya will become nothing, as for the cost of things the uk and oz can now be cheaper than some things in thailand and pattaya due to the exchange rates, again better places to go with cleaner beaches,better infrustructure, you are there for only the girls and do not care about exploiting these girls thinking they really do like you ogling and touching them take off the rose tinted classes and you to can see pattaya for what it really is,

brasso - what rott said!

i often wonder which bit is rott, unclean beaches, not enough water in pattaya,bad planing, unable to cross the road game of chance some times would you not aggree with this and a lot more said on this post, the bits you do not like is pattaya is a whorehouse where men can not pull with out paying for it, take away the girls and nearly all would move and seek the sex in other parts of the world please take off the rose tinted classes the girls do not like you simple as that most havee touched a few raw point with some as thay say if the cap fits

Tiffany show has a huge advertising sign on Sukhumvit north pattaya, but all the writing is in Thai, not exactly the way to inform the "tourists" of what you are offering, unless of course you only want Thai "tourists"? :D

brasso - what rott said!

i often wonder which bit is rott, unclean beaches, not enough water in pattaya,bad planing, unable to cross the road game of chance some times would you not aggree with this and a lot more said on this post, the bits you do not like is pattaya is a whorehouse where men can not pull with out paying for it, take away the girls and nearly all would move and seek the sex in other parts of the world please take off the rose tinted classes the girls do not like you simple as that most havee touched a few raw point with some as thay say if the cap fits

Well how about your blinkers then?

stick to the rott, the unclean beaches, not enough water,

bad planning, no pedestrians crossings, unable o cross the roads,

I'll stick with the stuff "MeetJohnDoe" is heralding! :)

The fact is that "the girls", the industry, is there alive and kicking,

So is the nice weather, the sun, the many, many clean, pristine beaches,

the food, the great value for money, cheap accommodation,

Thailand - the land of the free, welcome, be free, feel free, nobody will bother.. unless ...you!

Can't be taken' out of the equation...!

Everyone has a choice, and this is good so - I made mine, long ago!

No question that you touched on a few true issues: lack of water, bad planning, over building, no sidewalks etc, but then I've never had any problem crossing any of the streets anywhere in Thailand... even during rush hour. All it takes is a little wait and a quick dash. Yes, the beaches are polluted, but so are most beaches near busy cities. It's easy to take a day trip over to Koh Larn Island for a swimming day in clean water. Hey, and what is WRONG with Pattaya being the best little whorehouse in the world? NOBODY is taking advantage of anyone. It is a straight forward equal exchange business deal and everyone is happy. It's much more honest than the crap that goes on elsewhere. What do you think most MARRIAGES are all about? The woman gets taken care of financially and the man gets some very occasional sex. And, I DO mean very occasional. Most married men are not getting what they want at home or they wouldn't be visiting Pattaya.

The only difference between a Thai working girl and most women in the western world is the Thai working girl is honest. She tells you exactly how much it's going to cost before she screws you. In the western world you find out from a lawyer... and it's ALWAYS a whole lot more. :):D:D

No question that you touched on a few true issues: lack of water, bad planning, over building, no sidewalks etc,

The only difference between a Thai working girl and most women in the western world is the Thai working girl is honest. She tells you exactly how much it's going to cost before she screws you. In the western world you find out from a lawyer... and it's ALWAYS a whole lot more. :):D:D

Agree 100% and also with MeetJohnDoe's post. Pattaya has an awful lot to offer, particularly in the area of working girls. However,this is also the reason that I think Pattaya will never achieve it's objective of becoming a family holiday destination. It is too late to 'properly' (in my view) zone the city.

Ha ha, I love Thaivisa.com every thread always ends up with everyone arguing about Thailand. This is the Pattaya forum, surely those on here like BRASSO who clearly hates Pattaya, shouldn't be on here slagging the place off!!

BRASSO get out of this forum, bugger off somewhere else!!

It's a used saying but I think it makes sense 'If you don't like the place, don't live there/go there'

I live in Pattaya, have done for 6 years, the place is fantastic, I come from the UK, born and bred and I love the country but Pattaya is a FAR better place even with its faults (alot of which are also evident in the UK).

Old people - be happy and enjoy your retirement, enjoy Pattaya for what it is!!

Ha ha.

Bigjimmy

I dont think anyone on here is even remotely thinking that Pattaya will (or should become, for that matter) a world class 5* resort

Pattaya is what Pattaya is. Pure and simple

Its just that it would be nice that, in order to get at "what Pattaya is"......that is the night time entertainment, its not a case of having to run a commando assault course to get to it all !!!!!!

Either that, or live right on top of it.

You are literally taking your life in your hands when crossing the road.

You are literally taking your life in your hands walking up a narrow soi

It shouldnt BE like that !!!!!!

Penkoprod

interesting some of the things the guy has to say, pattaya has been in decline for alot more reasons than red shirts, also is his business one of those in pattaya that charges farangs more than thais, if so maybe a lot of his customers are put off by duel priceing, pattaya is a dump its image everywhere is seen as not friendly, full of louts,drunks, robbers,beggers not a family resort, unfit beaches, bad planing, every where you look pattaya is in a bad way, just a place for sad men to get sex

Er, I wonder which part of Brasso's post is so far off the truth to cause the adverse reaction from some posters? Sure it's a bit negative and sure it did not highlight some of the positives that have drawn us to Pattaya but is that a reason to ask someone to bugger off just becasue he highlighted some uncomfortable home truths?

I am generally happy to be in Pattaya (I consciously avoided Bangkok, Phuket and Chiangmai for different reasons) but I am not so deliriously happy that I do not wish for any improvements. People who live here and think nothing needs to improve are indeed here for one reason (and there is nothing wrong with it) and that is sex. So, give Brasso a break for calling a spade a spade. For many of us, of course we would like cleaner beaches, better planning, safer environment, more reliable water supply etc...but we are realistic enough not to hold our breaths for these and neither do we let these issues detract from our enjoyment of this town and its surrounds.

Ha ha, love it!!

Of course Pattaya could be better in some aspects but it could also be alot worse - it could be the UK!!

Good times!!

Mr E

Ha ha, that about sums it up BIGJIMMY!! :)

Let me put this another way.

For many westerners a pristine, unspoiled tropical island, quiet, "noble savage" natives, and nothing to do is a vision of paradise. In reality, most modern people will become totally bored with that in 2 hours to one week max. Pattaya, the "paradise" we deserve ...

I am not trying to convince anybody but only state facts. I the moo baan I am living in there will be about 20 alone, I have talked to most of them and they seems to be living a relatively quiet life and only go out for beers once a week or so (if they really only do that I don't know for sure, he he) :) . Some play golf, some + 12 courses in the area I think. The dining here is quite good if you know where to look. You can of course find all that much better on Hawaii and other places, but not to the price they charge you here.

Turing this place into a 5 star holiday place is pipe dreams, there will always be places the "cheap charlies" can eat-drink-sleep/shag for small money compared to their home countries, and that is fine with me, where else can fat- ugly- +60 years old lonely men sleep with a beautiful 20 year girl

, where else can fat- ugly- +60 years old lonely men sleep with a beautiful 20 year girl

Phillipines, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Burma, Spain, Portugal, France, etc, etc, etc

Edited by Chaimai

Mr. Brasso,

I like what you say here on forum. I know you say for real and is obvious you are expert on Pattaya so you must excuse all dead-beats on here.

I think you wrong about all bargirls are for sale sex.

I have often go Walking Street and soi 7 etc. This is about 6pm-7pm so because is early I know they not drunk. I have many girl call me handsome and I think that must be true, but I am too shy to acknowledge this.

I think because I dress nice in top brand Armani T-shirt, nice shorts with crease on front (and back and sides sometimes) and have good quality flippy-floppy I always have many beautiful girls like come talk to me as soon as I sit down. (I think they know good man when they see one).

I like talk to them about home, their aspirations for the future, family life in quaint old village, world politics and micro-economics. They are ALWAYS interested, I not joking. These girls understand intelligence. (There was one time when a girl close her eyes and slide off bar-stool but when she get up from floor she explain she sick.......she get better fast though after I buy Vodka)

I know many girl like dancing here, I think is culture thing they dance with pole...............maybe some ancient rite from village stick I think.

Often I wonder about small clothes but they explain is very hot here and they not want have sweat on body so they always smell good. I understand this. I not stupid.

I do not like to boast but often I take a girl home after only talking for maybe 20 minutes. (I have secret conversation that make them interest in me.....but I cannot say what it is because then you know how to do) :)

I have NEVER had pay for have sex. They want to do because I handsome and have secret conversation. ( I tell them they beautiful and they always giggle and say thank you.......no man ever say before. :D ) See? Is easy !

I always offer to give money for taxi in morning. (Its polite). I think many of the girls I meet must come from same village far away because taxi money is near always 1000 baht. But is no problem.

I think another thing you miss say Mr. Brasso is how Pattaya have many exotic food here. I often eat at Caddyshack, Pig & Whistle and KFC. (Well, normal KFC not exotic but I eat Zinger version so is spicy..............same real Thai food. !

I like Pattaya very much. I think soon I will marry a girl here and take good care her. (Often I naughty and have many girls but I will never say to girl I like.............it is my secret. :D

I think what many dead-beat here forget is that pattaya have many historical buildings. (That means old). Last night I saw place called "Dolls House". It has been here a very long time and many people go inside to look.

I think some dead-beats say Pattaya have golf course? Wow. I here 5 year now and I never know. See? Learning something new Pattaya every day.

is exciting. :D

Mr. Brasso,

I like what you say here on forum. I know you say for real and is obvious you are expert on Pattaya so you must excuse all dead-beats on here.

I think you wrong about all bargirls are for sale sex.

I have often go Walking Street and soi 7 etc. This is about 6pm-7pm so because is early I know they not drunk. I have many girl call me handsome and I think that must be true, but I am too shy to acknowledge this.

I like Pattaya very much. I think soon I will marry a girl here and take good care her. (Often I naughty and have many girls but I will never say to girl I like.............it is my secret. :D

I think what many dead-beat here forget is that pattaya have many historical buildings. (That means old). Last night I saw place called "Dolls House". It has been here a very long time and many people go inside to look.

I think some dead-beats say Pattaya have golf course? Wow. I here 5 year now and I never know. See? Learning something new Pattaya every day.

is exciting. :D

:D:D:D:)

Phatcharanan

thank you so much for that post, that has to be the funniest post i have ever seen on ThaiVisa

hats off to you !

but please, what is your secret code message to the girls

oh

I know many girl like dancing here, I think is culture thing they dance with pole...............maybe some ancient rite from village stick I think.

maybe it was adopted from ancient english May Day Pole dancing, but as it is to hot in Thailand and they dont want to et sweaty they just take off all there clothes :)

HH%20May%20Day.jpg

VERY VERY FUNNY.

Nice to stop being serious on here,especialy to the dickheads who come to wind people up,so well done mate,great post.

BTW

dont need the secret chat as i have one too that gets me free sexx