Evaluate My Photo

51NAH

Taken on Holiday 3 weeks ago.

Nice shot. That little "ol compact of yours is impressive.

Anyway, I think your shot is a little too dark and "flat" and maybe a bit of "treatment" and sharpening might lift it a little.

What do you think of the attached?

It's not a lot different but just a bit "crisper" maybe?

Edited by The Vulcan

Yup that helps Vulcan

This shot is a keeper, a lot of nice things going on. My only slight negative is that I can't see enough of the two people to get a sense of their story. I think it's two guys walking, too bad it isn't a young couple holding hands and staring out to sea. But that is really a nitpick.

This is a good photo.

Taken on Holiday 3 weeks ago.

Nice shot. That little "ol compact of yours is impressive.

Anyway, I think your shot is a little too dark and "flat" and maybe a bit of "treatment" and sharpening might lift it a little.

What do you think of the attached?

It's not a lot different but just a bit "crisper" maybe?

Cheers!

Yes, agreed the pic was a bit too dark and flat, Picasa 3 just couldn't get the photo quite how I liked it. Any recommendations on a better free download program for me to "tinker" with?

You have brought the photo to life a little more which is what it needed, think I will post the original for you to look at/play with.

canuckamuck, yes it was 2 boys walking down the beach, was quite a busy afternoon down there and was lucky to get so little in the photo from this angle. And I agree a young couple holding hands would have "fitted" this photo better but where are they when you want them??!! :)

As a noob I am appreciating the feedback and assistance. Thank you.

Dan

post-67096-1241991815_thumb.jpg

Edited by 51NAH

My only slight negative is that I can't see enough of the two people to get a sense of their story. :)

The Story

The man sitting in the middle, in the shadow said in English "what a lovley sunset" to the boys walking by.

The lad behind on the right mentioned to his mate in front "what did the gentelman say (in Thai)"? Lad at the front said "it's only 'canuckamuck' making up this story about us two that he can't see enough of our shadow play to get a sense of why we walk around at sunset."

Ohh dear, "How sad" :D said the lad behind on the right, "but surely every picture tells a story" he said. :D

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D