Applying For An "o" Visa In Hull - What Documents Do I Need?

I want to go to Thailand to do a bit of backpacking, maybe some charity work and do a longer term scuba diving instructor course. I have nothing except the flight booked as I plan to organise stuff when I get there.

I've been told to apply for an "O" visa at the Hull Consulate (I'm UK citizen). I have the application form and its all ready to go, however in reading through the rules it says I need to include supporting documentation. Given that I have nothing booked, is this going to be a problem? Can I simply apply without any documentation and get the multi entry visa. It is suggested in previous threads they Hull really aren't that strict on the process. Could anyone that has done this recently please let me know if this has worked out okay.

Many people have reported that if you just put 'visiting friends', you'll get a 1 year multiple entry O visa which is good for almost 15 months. However, you will have to go out of the country every 90 days. This is just a formality and you can stamp out and stamp back in again the same day.

Yup Hull is a dream for visa applications; they issued Non -Imm O multiple entry on basis of completed documentation downloaded from internet in 48 hours and recently issued Non-Imm B in 24 hours with letters from prospective employer. As I was only back in UK briefly to visit family they were happy to send passport with visa to my sister's house as opposed to my home address. If you are concerned simply send an email to the consulate and ask if any other documentation is necessary....you'll get a polite and helpful reply saying just send the internet documentation, your passport and your fee. really couldn't be easier.

• 4 months later...

Hi, what's the latest on obtaining non-immi 'O' from Hull?

I obtained a multiple entry last year without having to show additional supporting documents, but they seem to have changed this. Here's a section I copy and pasted from the form that is downloadable from their site;

Evidence substantiating purpose of visit:

Extra evidence, as detailed below, is required only for Non-Immigrant Visas Categories “B” and “ED”:-

Category “B” = Letter from sponsor or copy of company documents or valid work permit

Category “ED” = Sponsor letter from educational establishment

Category “O” = Copy of Marriage Cert (if married to Thai national) or Pension Book or Sponsor Letter

It's a little confusing. Is extra evidence required for an 'O' or not?

Thanks for any assistance.

Hi, what's the latest on obtaining non-immi 'O' from Hull?

I obtained a multiple entry last year without having to show additional supporting documents, but they seem to have changed this. Here's a section I copy and pasted from the form that is downloadable from their site;

Evidence substantiating purpose of visit:

Extra evidence, as detailed below, is required only for Non-Immigrant Visas Categories "B" and "ED":-

Category "B" = Letter from sponsor or copy of company documents or valid work permit

Category "ED" = Sponsor letter from educational establishment

Category "O" = Copy of Marriage Cert (if married to Thai national) or Pension Book or Sponsor Letter

It's a little confusing. Is extra evidence required for an 'O' or not?

Thanks for any assistance.

Lower down the form it also states "Extra evidence, as detailed below, is required only for Non-Immigrant Visas Categories "B" and "ED"

so the form is a bit ambiguous.

So, I just phoned Hull Consulate (Thursday 15/10/2009 14:10 BST) and got the following direct quote from the lady on the 'phone.

"If you are applying for an "O" visa to visit friends, you do not need any supporting documentation"

Onward and upward! :)