Can Us Social Security Pension Be Paid Into Paypal In Us

I must pay about $20 us each month from my retirement to transfer my pension to Thailand by ATM card.

Can US Social Security payments be paid into PayPal in the US?

If so How do I do it from Thailand?

I already have a US PayPal Account and it is set up to send funds to my BKK Bank bank here. I have the new BKKBank debit Visa that does work (it verified my PayPal account OK), they even gave me Internet banking. All that is all working OK as I had some funds paid into PayPal and transferd them here.

Edited by BudSweet

I must pay about $20 us each month from my retirement to transfer my pension to Thailand by ATM card.

Can US Social Security payments be paid into PayPal in the US?

If so How do I do it from Thailand?

I already have a US PayPal Account and it is set up to send funds to my BKK Bank bank here. I have the new BKKBank debit Visa that does work (it verified my PayPal account OK), they even gave me Internet banking. All that is all working OK as I had some funds paid into PayPal and transferd them here.

Please explain the procedure for transferring money from US bank through Paypal into your Thai bank account. What kind of charges did you incur?

Thanks,

Lifer

If you can successfully transfer between a US account and a Bangkok bank account with paypal, then it should be easy to have the funds paid to your US bank that is connected to your paypal and simply to the transfer you talked about. I too would like to know how that transfer gets made.

The only thing i can think of is if you have two different paypal accounts and pay yourself from one to the other.

If that is allowed, i don't see why it wouldn't work.

Couldn't you do it with just one Pay pal account?

If both of your accounts are linked to your paypal I believe you can do the following:

1. Receive funds from SSI to your US Bank account

2. Go on-line and transfer to your paypal account - believe this is free but may take 3-4 days

3. Once the funds are in Paypal account transfer to your linked Thai account

Never done it, but think this would work???

• 5 months later...
The US Social Security can be set up with a Direct Deposit into your Bangkok Bank Account. It is the only authorized bank in Thailand for DD. Contact the folks at the US Embassy in Bangkok or Chiangmai for more info. Also more info on DD in this link about half way down the page. SSA Direct Deposit

Very good info longball. I had my SS deposited into my US account and with their charges and the 150 THB charge was paying over 12USD each time I made an ATM withdrawal. I had my SS deposited into my money account as I transfer funds into my Thai bank (KBank) from time to time anyway. Maybe I will open a Bangkok Bank account and do that.

Now I just need to find a way to login to my SS account from Thailand. I cannot apply online (they probably do not like my IP address) and when I called them they said that there was nothing that they could do for me.

zen

The US Social Security can be set up with a Direct Deposit into your Bangkok Bank Account. It is the only authorized bank in Thailand for DD. Contact the folks at the US Embassy in Bangkok or Chiangmai for more info. Also more info on DD in this link about half way down the page. SSA Direct Deposit

What do you need to do?

1. Open a “Direct Deposit” Account at the Bangkok Bank branch nearest your home. The Bank will assist you in opening a Direct Deposit Account. We suggest you clearly tell the bank staff that this account is for receiving a pension from SSA, or VA.

very incovinent if you live away from town, you can not use internet banking or tranfer any money or have atm card on a DDA. all transactions must be done in person.

I just keep my deposit state side and do a wire transfer as needed to my savings account.